Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
46 Man Roster – Week One
(09-09-2015, 12:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Robert Geathers was hurt in 2013. No backup. Face it when they can rotate they do. Hunt will get plenty of snaps this year if he's healthy people might as well get over.

So you have nothing but excuses for the FACT that Dunlap has played 84% and over 87% of the snaps respectively over the past 2 seasons, yet you're trying to say that we need to get over your made up scenarios?

I'd love to live in a world where I can make shit up out of thin air and expect it to be considered gospel.

You should probably get over your obsession with a guy that isn't a good football player. He will see snaps, but you're clueless if you think 30% of Dunlap's on defense is going to be the number, barring injury to Carlos obviously. Dunlap is going to be out there approximately 85% of the time on defense, and none of your fantasy land bullshit will be changing that.
Reply/Quote
We only have 8 Olinemen on the 53 and sometimes lineup heavy with 6 olinemen. With Andre coming off injury I see no way that any Olineman could be inactive.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 12:18 PM)djs7685 Wrote: So you have nothing but excuses for the FACT that Dunlap has played 84% and over 87% of the snaps respectively over the past 2 seasons, yet you're trying to say that we need to get over your made up scenarios?

I'd love to live in a world where I can make shit up out of thin air and expect it to be considered gospel.

You should probably get over your obsession with a guy that isn't a good football player. He will see snaps, but you're clueless if you think 30% of Dunlap's on defense is going to be the number, barring injury to Carlos obviously. Dunlap is going to be out there approximately 85% of the time on defense, and none of your fantasy land bullshit will be changing that.

Lol nothing to do with just Hunt. Marvin Lewis has repeatedly said he needs to get Hunt Shawn Williams and Dennard snaps. I'll trust his word over yours but please continue.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 12:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We only have 8 Olinemen on the 53 and sometimes lineup heavy with 6 olinemen. With Andre coming off injury I see no way that any Olineman could be inactive.

This is a good point. Your list earlier in the thread is likely accurate due to the amount of players at each position the team normally has active come gametime, at least as far as I can remember.

(09-09-2015, 12:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol nothing to do with just Hunt. Marvin Lewis has repeatedly said he needs to get Hunt Shawn Williams and Dennard snaps. I'll trust his word over yours but please continue.

Carlos played in 87+ percent of snaps in 2013 and 84 percent in 2014.

Hunt isn't good.

Carlos is one of our best defensive players.

Therefore, by using reasonable logic, we can assume that Hunt won't and/or shouldn't be taking away many meaningful snaps of Carlos Dunlap in the 2015 season. Hunt will surely see snaps in garbage time and spell Dunlap occasionally, but I'll eat a bag of socks if Margus Hunt takes almost 30% of Carlos Dunlaps snaps and sees a lot of non-garbage playing time if Carlos remains healthy.
Reply/Quote
Uzomah -  Not ready for prime time
Lewis-Harris - Good enough depth

Smith - Green and good enough depth
Hunt - Not ready - good enough depth
Hardison - good enough depth - needs to get stronger
Little - Good enough depth -and they'll want to use Alford for trick plays

Dawson - Good enough depth - still learning the D
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 09:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: The reason the 46 rule is in place is to attempt to level the playing field for week to week injuries. Let's say we have a rash of injuries and only have 45 guys we can play, but our opponent is relatively healthy and has 52 guys they can play. They have an advantage of an extra 7 guys they can rotate in, so the 46 is there to give everyone room for injuries, which right now aren't as big of a deal but as the season goes on will be.

So.  Usually only 46 play anyways.  The rest are DNP.  I think everyone should be active.  If there are a few more healthy guys on one side, that really doesn't give any advantage.  The skill level declines toward the bottom of the roster.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I don't believe they'll go with less than 8 OL.

Burkhead will be active.

Tate will be active.

Dawson will be active.

I guess I answered who will be rather than who will not be active.
Reply/Quote
For those that think Fisher will be inactive. Jim O talked to Alexander and he said that we'd never go under 8 OL active on game day. We only have 8 on the 53. Every one of them will be active on game day.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 04:18 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: For those that think Fisher will be inactive. Jim O talked to Alexander and he said that we'd never go under 8 OL active on game day. We only have 8 on the 53. Every one of them will be active on game day.

I believe well get a 9th next week to and then just deactivate him.

These 8 will be active he whole year it seems regardless.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 04:54 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I believe well get a 9th next week to and then just deactivate him.

These 8 will be active he whole year it seems regardless.

Agreed. Jim O and Dehner said that we should expect some roster shuffling after week 1.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
INACTIVES

WR Greg Little
WR Mario Alford
CB Josh Shaw
TE C.J. Uzomah
DE Marcus Hardison
DT Brandon Thompson
DE Margus Hunt

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: INACTIVES

WR Greg Little
WR Mario Alford
CB Josh Shaw
TE C.J. Uzomah
DE Marcus Hardison
DT Brandon Thompson
DE Margus Hunt

Rex as 4th WR confirmed
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: INACTIVES

WR Greg Little
WR Mario Alford
CB Josh Shaw
TE C.J. Uzomah
DE Marcus Hardison
DT Brandon Thompson
DE Margus Hunt

Those two shocked me.  Thompson more so than Hunt...
Reply/Quote
Sims and Clark earned their positions over those 2 probably due to their special teams play. Good news for Cris Carter. His versatility should come in handy.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 04:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Those two shocked me.  Thompson more so than Hunt...

this list tells me MJ is going to play 
Reply/Quote
Here's Dehner's pregame piece from 5 minutes ago including inactives.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/09/13/pregame-oakland-hunt-thompson-inactive/72024364/
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 04:07 PM)pally Wrote: Sims and Clark earned their positions over those 2 probably due to their special teams play.  Good news for Cris Carter.  His versatility should come in handy.
Pat did, but he took Still's spot.  So we only have 3 tackles active.  One NT, one 3-technique, and one guy who can play either.  In essence, if it is a close game they are going to get worn down.  We're going to need to roll up the score so we will be in situations to move ends inside to keep the true tackles from wearing down.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 04:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Pat did, but he took Still's spot.  So we only have 3 tackles active.  One NT, one 3-technique, and one guy who can play either.  In essence, if it is a close game they are going to get worn down.  We're going to need to roll up the score so we will be in situations to move ends inside to keep the true tackles from wearing down.

Gilberry and/or Hunt will take snaps at DT on passing downs no matter what the score is.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 04:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Gilberry and/or Hunt will take snaps at DT on passing downs no matter what the score is.

I'm going to bet against Hunt

Reply/Quote
Surprised to see Clew Harris getting the nod over Shaw

Reply/Quote