Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jessie Bates not a prime time player
(12-13-2021, 01:06 AM)Joelist Wrote: Exactly. Your Free Safety absolutely has to be a playmaker. We could get any number of other safeties and receive the same level of play.

Or you could sign him to a very reasonable deal and hope he returns to form. It’s the other safety that should be getting shit on for this game. Bell’s taunting penalty was inexcusable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(12-13-2021, 12:01 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Lil’ Fella, if you cut Jessie Bates, 31 of the other 31 teams would try to pick him up.

Underperforming compared to last year, sure. Bottom 5 safety in the NFL? These emotional reactions go so far overboard sometimes.

I don't wanna cut him.. I don't wanna spend top dollar either though...
(12-13-2021, 01:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or you could sign him to a very reasonable deal and hope he returns to form. It’s the other safety that should be getting shit on for this game. Bell’s taunting penalty was inexcusable.

That is also a way to go. Bell did seem to taunt but they then failed to call Kittle for a FAR more blatant taunt. So I can understand players being confused as the application is utterly inconsistent. 
(12-13-2021, 12:01 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Lil’ Fella, if you cut Jessie Bates, 31 of the other 31 teams would try to pick him up.

Underperforming compared to last year, sure. Bottom 5 safety in the NFL? These emotional reactions go so far overboard sometimes.

Look up his PFF ratings. Last time I looked he was 2nd to worst.. It's not just made up. He has been awful..
(12-13-2021, 01:16 AM)Tony Wrote: Look up his PFF ratings. Last time I looked he was 2nd to worst.. It's not just made up. He has been awful..

Yep! He has been the Achilles heel of the secondary - ironic when we expected it to be Eli Apple. 
(12-13-2021, 01:17 AM)Joelist Wrote: Yep! He has been the Achilles heel of the secondary - ironic when we expected it to be Eli Apple. 

Some of these guys are ridiculous in here.. Acting like Jesse Bates is Ed Reed or something.. Saying shit like over 1 missed int, when none of us said that. We are talking about his shit play the whole year.. God forbid you have an opinion with actual facts around here. All you have to do is look up his PFF rating... Saying shit like lil Fella or some dumb insult... 
Wasn't Bates supposed to do better after he got his head right?

WTS, Dropping the INT is not something we should be slamming him for. He made a rare good play..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-13-2021, 01:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Wasn't Bates supposed to do better after he got his head right?

WTS, Dropping the INT is not something we should be slamming him for. He made a rare good play..

The dropped int is like .5% the reason we are mad. It's the other 12 games of pure shit.
(12-13-2021, 01:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I did the same thing, except I'll admit I said Chauncey Billups and then realized that wasn't right.

Yeah... Chauncey was actually clutch.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021