Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th and 3 take the points
1st quarter plenty of game left on the road just take the 3 for crying out loud.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:46 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1st quarter plenty of game left on the road just take the 3 for crying out loud.

Absolutely! 3 > 0.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was a fine call, not a slam dunk either way. The 4th down decision not gave it a toss-up. ZT is definitely aggressive and appears to me to have some analytical back with his 4th down decision making. I would’ve been fine with him kicking, probably slightly preferable. I was also fine with him going for it.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It was a fine call, not a slam dunk either way. The 4th down decision not gave it a toss-up. ZT is definitely aggressive and appears to me to have some analytical back with his 4th down decision making. I would’ve been fine with him kicking, probably slightly preferable. I was also fine with him going for it.

When the offense is clicking sure, by all means go for it. However, today was a day to take any points you can get.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When the offense is clicking sure, by all means go for it. However, today was a day to take any points you can get.

Yeah, I don’t feel too strongly about this one. I would’ve been 100% fine with him kicking. If it was a 4th and goal from the one, I’d feel different probably.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:53 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I don’t feel too strongly about this one. I would’ve been 100% fine with him kicking. If it was a 4th and goal from the one, I’d feel different probably.

while analytical analysis is helpful it isn't the end all be all. Parcells always thought the first points he scored were always the hardest. You need something to feel good about.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When the offense is clicking sure, by all means go for it.  However, today was a day to take any points you can get.

It was the first drive. How in the hell do you know if the offense is clicking or not at that point?? 

Even in hindsight, at one point the score was 31-20, so that negates your reasoning. 

I think the answer is for Zac to start making decisions, throughout the game, based on how the game will eventually turn out. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: while analytical analysis is helpful it isn't the end all be all. Parcells always thought the first points he scored were always the hardest. You need something to feel good about.

It definitely needs to be followed but not always to a T. There are situations where it is pretty black and white that you should go for it. This was one of those situations where it wasn’t black and white.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When the offense is clicking sure, by all means go for it.  However, today was a day to take any points you can get.

That was the 2nd time the offense touched the ball. How can you determine they weren't clicking? Not to mention on 3rd down it was an easy TD that Chase dropped. We scored 31 points. The offense wasn't the problem. 

Some people chose the dumbest things to complain about
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Absolutely!  3 > 0.

and 7 > 3.

I GUARANTEE if we settle for the FG and lose. The same folks would be mad because Zac didn't go for it.  

Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When the offense is clicking sure, by all means go for it. However, today was a day to take any points you can get.

It was the 2nd time in the game we had the ball. We had 0 clue if the offense was clicking or not
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was the first drive. How in the hell do you know if the offense is clicking or not at that point?? 

Even in hindsight, at one point the score was 31-20, so that negates your reasoning. 

I think the answer is for Zac to start making decisions, throughout the game, based on how the game will eventually turn out. Mellow

Well in was obvious the O wasn't clicking because we didn't score 74 points on our opening drive..

I swear there was a guy in the game day that said a good team like the Rams would be up 14-0 by now. It was after our opening drive. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If they kicked the field goal, someone says they should have gone for the touchdown. If they go for the touchdown and don't make it, this thread exists. The only way everyone is happy is if they go for it and actually make it :).
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well in was obvious the O wasn't clicking because we didn't score 74 points on out opening drive..

I swear there was a guy in the game day that said a good team like the Rams would be up 14-0 by now. It was after our opening drive. 

I'll give you one guess who that was. 

His name starts with T.
Ends with a Y.
And there's an O and an N somewhere in the middle. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
While I would take the points, the decision to go for it isn't nearly as bad as that crap the bed moment earlier this year, going for it in our own territory. This should not have been a game changing play as the previous one was.
Reply/Quote
After rewatching the game..
Id agree and say take the 3 in that spot
mixon stuffed 2 times and Chase dropped in the paydirt
The jets D had the momentum
Taylor takes risks which we havent had in a while but i think he needs to send Evan out in that sitch
Reply/Quote

But at that point we didn’t know the defense or the offense was was going to struggle ALL DAY. I wish we had taken the 3 but we still should have taken care of business….and we did not 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:11 PM)Destro Wrote: While I would take the points, the decision to go for it isn't nearly as bad as that crap the bed moment earlier this year, going for it in our own territory. This should not have been a game changing play as the previous one was.

Yep we very easily could and maybe should have lost that game 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:17 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: But at that point we didn’t know the defense or the offense was was going to struggle ALL DAY. I wish we had taken the 3 but we still should have taken care of business….and we did not 

We saw three straight plays near the goal line fail miserably. That’s enough for me to send in Evan McPherson.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:11 PM)Destro Wrote: While I would take the points, the decision to go for it isn't nearly as bad as that crap the bed moment earlier this year, going for it in our own territory. This should not have been a game changing play as the previous one was.

Yep we very easily could and maybe should have lost that game 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It was a fine call, not a slam dunk either way. The 4th down decision not gave it a toss-up. ZT is definitely aggressive and appears to me to have some analytical back with his 4th down decision making. I would’ve been fine with him kicking, probably slightly preferable. I was also fine with him going for it.

Assured Points are better than hopeful points
Reply/Quote