Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th and 3 take the points
I would've taken the points but I didn't hate going for 7 though. Thinking about it after the game when we lose by 3 I thought about it more and I we should've kicked because we didn't need to be aggressive atleast on paper because we were the favorite. What I didn't like was running on 2nd down when we got absolutely stoned on 1st down. Give Burrow 2 chances to get the TD and I like our odds then you can kick after or maybe try and catch them off guard with a run.
Reply/Quote
Now I always say take the points early in the game, especially when you have a goose egg on the scoreboard on the road and losing already.

Save the gambling for late when you can do the mathematics and see what is necessary to get at that point.

But most everybody on here is a "go for it" person and its been debated many times on here, surprised so many claiming the safe side.

Plus people are saying it was the first drive how can you know how they were playing. Well they went 3 and out and then got given a gift on the one yard line and went backwards two straight plays before our best WR butterfingered a sure TD to make it 4th down again.

Would think that's enough to take the 3 points. Everybody also is saying the defense cost the game and they did play horrible which can not be disputed. Yet they did provide 3 turnovers with one of them being a INT returned to the 1 yard line. The offense should score points when receiving this luxury.

Its a team loss with plenty of blame to go around and there is much bigger fish to fry this week anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:46 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1st quarter plenty of game left on the road just take the 3 for crying out loud.

Yeah, didn't like going for it there. Kick the FG.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:53 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: the defense set us up for 17 points. Offense also gave the D a first and goal at the 9. Defense and Offense were not the problem. Blaming the defense is just plain lazy

31-20 lead with 7+ minutes left in the game. Then the defense stopped tackling to allow the Jets to score a TD on their 3rd to last drive. Then the defense left Tyler Kroft wide open in the end zone for a TD on the Jets 2nd to last drive. Then a questionable penalty on the Jets last drive. Then after the bad penalty, the defense couldn't keep the Jets from getting another 1st down to then run out the clock. 

Notice all the "defense" in the above paragraph?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
What did the offense do in the last seven minutes of the game?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 05:03 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: What did the offense do in the last seven minutes of the game?

They entered the last 7+ minutes of the game with an 11-point lead.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 08:35 AM)Interceptor Wrote: They entered the last 7+ minutes of the game with an 11-point lead.

Bam...Pow....Shwing.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
You are so correct . . . they did nothing the last 7 minutes.
6 plays
15 yards
1:41 total time of possession on two drives

With 4:36 to go and still up by five, the offense could have strung together a few first downs to kill off the clock and win the game . . . one play and it's goal to go for the Jets.

This was a team loss in typical Bengal fashion. The play where Uzomah and Boyd both stopped their routes to allow the other to catch the ball? Perfect example of a team waiting around for someone else to make a play. This looked like a team that was looking past this game and preparing for Cleveland before the bye week.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote