Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th rounders tomorrow
What do you think of Jaleel Johnson, Anthony Walker and Carl Lawson as your picks?? Then come back in the 5th with Zane Gonzalez and Bucky Hodges?
Reply/Quote
Gotta go OL and TE at some point in 4th. Pull the trigger on Gonzalez in 5th. I hope Bengals trade up a couple of times tomorrow to get the guys they want cause 12 picks ain't making their roster.
Reply/Quote
Give up a 5th and secure Dorian Johnson. He is starter material already.
Reply/Quote
My buddy is cousins with Orlosky. Wouldn't mind spending a fifth on him if he's there.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The charts show top talent O Linemen that could have went in round one or two. At pick 9 in Round 4, getting a top guard or center may just be what the doctor ordered for our O Line in rebuilding mode.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
1. Keep in mind that here's where we're picking tomorrow unless we move up (which we could)

2. Here are the guys I think we have to consider for our 3 picks in the 4th

DLine
Johnson, Jaleel Jones, D.J. Qualls, Elijah Watkins, Carlos

LB
Lawson, Carl Walker Jr., Anthony

CB
Kazee, Damontae

OLine
Johnson, Dorian Sharpe, David Banner, Zach

TE
Hodges, Bucky or Butt, Jake

WR
Hansen, Chad, Reynolds, Josh

RB
Perine, Samaje

I think I'd do this:

9 Dorian Johnson, G
22 Jake Butt, unless Hodges is still there
32 Samaje Perine or Chad Hansen

What would YOU do?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 03:39 AM)Shady Wrote: 1. Keep in mind that here's where we're picking tomorrow unless we move up (which we could)

2. Here are the guys I think we have to consider for our 3 picks in the 4th

DLine
Johnson, Jaleel  Jones, D.J.   Qualls, Elijah   Watkins, Carlos

LB
Lawson, Carl  Walker Jr., Anthony

CB
Kazee, Damontae

OLine
Johnson, Dorian  Sharpe, David  Banner, Zach

TE
Hodges, Bucky or Butt, Jake

WR
Hansen, Chad, Reynolds, Josh

RB
Perine, Samaje

I think I'd do this:

9 Dorian Johnson, G
22 Jake Butt, unless Hodges is still there
32 Samaje Perine or Chad Hansen

What would YOU do?
Shady you like johnson over Asiata and siragusa?   I could go with one of those and then Hodges and Walker. Then come back in 5 with gonzalez and reynolds/Malone.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:00 AM)pulses Wrote: Shady you like johnson over Asiata and siragusa?   I could go with one of those and then Hodges and Walker. Then come back in 5 with gonzalez and reynolds/Malone.

I don't know, TBH.  I just went with the ratings on CBS. Those are all guys rated at a 5.6 or higher. I might have missed a few guys. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:03 AM)Shady Wrote: I don't know, TBH.  I just went with the ratings on CBS. Those are all guys rated at a 5.6 or higher. I might have missed a few guys. 

asiata was a 5.5 and siragusa a 5.4.   CBS had malone  and hansen as a 3rd round grade. reynolds was a 4-5 i think. I think we go Jaleel Johnson then Anthony Walker and then Hodges. Grab a OG in the 5th with gonzalez and come back in the 6th for another EDGE.

Or do we take a flyer on Myrick in the 4th??? bye bye benwikere???
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:07 AM)pulses Wrote: asiata was a 5.5 and siragusa a 5.4.   CBS had malone  and hansen as a 3rd round grade. reynolds was a 4-5 i think. I think we go Jaleel Johnson then Anthony Walker and then Hodges. Grab a OG in the 5th with gonzalez and come back in the 6th for another EDGE.

Or do we take a flyer on Myrick in the 4th??? bye bye benwikere???

If we can get Myrick in the 4th, I'd be very happy. He can flat out fly. Love him in our secondary.

Do you think Hodges will make it to the bottom of the 4th? Johnson and Walker would be good, but I think I'd like at least one of these picks in the 4th to be an Olineman. I have no real preference. He might be better off tal=king someone who can play tackle. That's where we're thinnest, but we could stand to improve everywhere on the Oline as far as I'm concerned. 
Reply/Quote
Jaleel Jones, Asiata, Josh Reynolds,

wouldn't mind Myrick, Hodges or Butt
Reply/Quote
Please draft Jon Toth at some point. He's gonna be a starter somewhere.
Reply/Quote
With three picks in Rd 4, I hope it goes something like this:

Carl Lawson, DE
Isaac Asiata, OG
Jake Butt, TE
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:31 AM)Shady Wrote: If we can get Myrick in the 4th, I'd be very happy. He can flat out fly. Love him in our secondary.

Do you think Hodges will make it to the bottom of the 4th? Johnson and Walker would be good, but I think I'd like at least one of these picks in the 4th to be an Olineman. I have no real preference. He might be better off tal=king someone who can play tackle. That's where we're thinnest, but we could stand to improve everywhere on the Oline as far as I'm concerned. 

As high as they are on Alex Redmond, and they already have depth with Westerman and TJ Johnson, it might make more sense to take Myrick over Asiata/  

I suggested:

Carl Lawson, DE
Isaac Asiata, OG
Jake Butt, TE

But I would also be very happy with:

Carl Lawson, DE
Jalen Myrick, CB
Jake Butt, TE

Myrick may be a bit raw in technique, but opposing QBs only completed something like 30% of passes targeting him, and  he wouldn't have to start right away here.  You could take time to develop him (which I have NO problem with...on a 4th rounder).  
Reply/Quote
Qualls also fits the Bengal's mold of a NT....
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:37 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Jaleel Jones, Asiata, Josh Reynolds,

wouldn't mind Myrick, Hodges or Butt

Been hoping we'd draft Asiata for months, think this is the round to do it. I'd go Asiata, Butt, Malone, Dez King or Lawson as my top 5. 

Ill also be watching the DT's Watkins, Johnson, Tu'lkolovatu, dj jones, and smart. Along with guys like Hodges at TE, Kazee at CB,  Johnson, Siragusa, Sharp, Bisnowaty and Mama along with Banner and Eluemuner for the o line. TONS of good TEs left, I expect a run on them in round 4 because the value is right in this area. Dupre, Reynolds, Hansen, Chesson at WR. Wouldn't rule out QB with Dobbs, Peterman and Kaya all potential BPA. Pumphery and Perine are good value at RB also. 

People won't be complaining about the extra 4th rounder today, we should get some good players....and because I can't pass up a chance to knock on the Bengals a bit after picking a guy who punches women, maybe we should keep an eye on Brantley. Tremendous value and he hasn't done it since the last time he did it, I think he's changed in the last few weeks  :andy: Also I heard the woman hit him first just like Mixon so she probably deserved it in some of your eyes
Reply/Quote
Fourth round prediction.

2 O-linemen and a safety.
Reply/Quote
Butt would be a good pick. He's probably not going to play this year...but it gives us some security as Eifert is a free agent soon.

I'd also strongly consider one of the QB prospects like Kaaya as McCarron's days here are numbered. May as well start grooming a backup QB.
Reply/Quote
My top 2 TE choices:

Leggett
Butt
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd also strongly consider one of the QB prospects like Kaaya as McCarron's days here are numbered. May as well start grooming a backup QB.

Good point.

We have so many picks I would almost guarantee we take a QB at some point.
Reply/Quote