Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 - 0 vs the NFC, 0 - 5 vs the AFC North.
(12-24-2023, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, if we make it, better not play the Ratbirds or Stains lol

Or the Stealers. Ninja

Still possible if the Bills collapse that all 4 AFC North teams qualify for the playoffs!!! 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 04:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And won the division the last 2 years in a row. Quick has Harbaugh or Tomlin done that? They’ve both coached 15 seasons minimum

Yes Harbaugh did it twice and Tomlin once
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 02:40 AM)OUatown Wrote: I take the SB over back 2 back division crowns, but hey maybe you prefer winning the division. Also, Tomlin has NEVER won less than 8 games. The Pittsburgh fan base is getting restless. Yet some get upset when we question ZT and his .456 win%!

It’s because at least some of the Bengal fans are astute. They’ve seen Zac succeed and don’t count that awful roster he inherited. They’ve seen other great coaches start similar to 6-25 like Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Noll, Bill Belichick, and several others. They know he’s 13-8 the last 3 seasons (21-23) vs SF,Bills,Steelers,KC, Ravens They’ve seen the culture change. They’ve seen his success. Only a handful of coaches have won more games 2021-23. Steeler owners aren’t restless they know Tomlin doesn’t have a good QB.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 09:21 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes Harbaugh did it twice and Tomlin once

So Zac in 5 years has matched Tomlin in 16? And Harbaugh in 15 has done it only twice? Good job Zac
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 04:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And won the division the last 2 years in a row. Quick has Harbaugh or Tomlin done that? They’ve both coached 15 seasons minimum

Have Harbaugh and Tomlin really not won the division 2 years in a row? Wow. Wasn’t expecting that.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 10:19 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Have Harbaugh and Tomlin really not won the division 2 years in a row? Wow. Wasn’t expecting that.

Yes Harbaugh 2 times in 15 years and Tomlin 1 time in 16.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 06:10 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Or the Stealers. Ninja

Still possible if the Bills collapse that all 4 AFC North teams qualify for the playoffs!!! 

Yeah, doubt the Bills collapse though, hope somehow the stealers lose these last 2 games. Find this more likely then the Bills losing out.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 09:34 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s because at least some of the Bengal fans are astute. They’ve seen Zac succeed and don’t count that awful roster he inherited. They’ve seen other great coaches start similar to 6-25 like Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Noll, Bill Belichick, and several others. They know he’s 13-8 the last 3 seasons (21-23) vs SF,Bills,Steelers,KC, Ravens They’ve seen the culture change. They’ve seen his success. Only a handful of coaches have won more games 2021-23. Steeler owners aren’t restless they know Tomlin doesn’t have a good QB.

Quick who inherited a worse roster Marvin or Zac???

Record: 2-14-0, 4th in AFC North Division  (Schedule and Results)
Coach: Dick LeBeau (2-14-0)

Record: 6-10-0, 4th in AFC North Division  (Schedule and Results)
Coach: Marvin Lewis (6-10-0)
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 04:07 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Quick who inherited a worse roster Marvin or Zac???

Both did , splitting hairs with how bad.. both did a good job turning them around but ZT has had more success
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 04:07 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Quick who inherited a worse roster Marvin or Zac???

I’d have to look at the age of the rosters. But I’m not living in the past. I care about where the team is today after Zac built it. Since 2021 he has more wins than Baltimore, Pitt, & Cleveland plus two AFC title appeances (1 win) and a Super Bowl appearance. They have none. He’s 5-2 in the playoffs and has 5 playoff wins. The Bengals last playoff win 1990. Freaking 31 years ago when he won one… and now he’s got 5. Build him a statute.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 04:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d have to look at the age of the rosters. But I’m not living in the past. I care about where the team is today after Zac built it. Since 2021 he has more wins than Baltimore, Pitt, & Cleveland plus two AFC title appearances (1 win) and a Super Bowl appearance. They have none.  He’s 5-2 in the playoffs and has 5 playoff wins. The Bengals last playoff win 1990. Freaking 31 years ago when he won one…  and now he’s got 5. Build him a statute.

Burrow gets the credit by many Bengal fans (that I know) with Zac being along for the ride in their eyes.

Having Burrow hurts Zac's reputation in a way to them because they see any success as Burrow driven.

Browning's recent success was helping Zac's reputation until this recent loss to the Steelers. 

Browning has given Zac more wins without Burrow to point to, so I think winning some with Browning helps Zac's reputation.

I like the pairing of Offensive minded Zac with Burrow and believe that Zac adds value

With that said, if the Bengals were to Win the Super Bowl with Burrow & Zac someday many of these same fans would still give little credit to Zac.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 05:39 PM)depthchart Wrote: Burrow gets the credit by many Bengal fans (that I know) with Zac being along for the ride in their eyes.

Having Burrow hurts Zac's reputation in a way to them because they see any success as Burrow driven.

Browning's recent success was helping Zac's reputation until this recent loss to the Steelers. 

Browning has given Zac more wins without Burrow to point to, so I think winning some with Browning helps Zac's reputation.

I like the pairing of Offensive minded Zac with Burrow and believe that Zac adds value

With that said, if the Bengals were to Win the Super Bowl with Burrow & Zac someday many of these same fans would still give little credit to Zac.

Well said

Reply/Quote
Mike Tomlin is a thug at heart. He makes his players play dirty, he makes them play like their lives depend on every move they make on the field, and he makes them play fast. He coaches his players to be physically dominating bullies and to make every hit harder than it needs to be.

I want a coach like that in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 07:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Tomlin is a thug at heart. He makes his players play dirty, he makes them play like their lives depend on every move they make on the field, and he makes them play fast. He coaches his players to be physically dominating bullies and to make every hit harder than it needs to be.

I want a coach like that in Cincinnati.

I also want a coach like this. Tomlin knows how to motivate a team which he did the week leading up to our game this week. I haven’t seen Taylor motivate anything or anybody. Matter of fact, Taylor teams are under motivated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
You all are too funny. Tomlin is 3-6 in the playoffs over the last 10 years. The only time he’s made it past the divisional round during that timeframe he got smoked by 20 points.

And you want that over a coach that recently went to a Super Bowl and back-to-back AFC Championship games (the one he lost coming by a last minute FG).

But hey “hARd NoSe fOoTBaLl!!!”

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 07:36 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I also want a coach like this.  Tomlin knows how to motivate a team which he did the week leading up to our game this week.  I haven’t seen Taylor motivate anything or anybody.  Matter of fact, Taylor teams are under motivated

So Jacksonville game or Bills game especially last year were unmotivated?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 02:40 AM)OUatown Wrote: I take the SB over back 2 back division crowns, but hey maybe you prefer winning the division. Also, Tomlin has NEVER won less than 8 games. The Pittsburgh fan base is getting restless. Yet some get upset when we question ZT and his .456 win%!

This makes zero sense to me.  

Ravens won their last Super Bowl 10 years ago, they have ONE postseason win in the last 5 years.

Steelers won their last Super Bowl 14 years ago, they have ONE post season win in the last 7 years.

You can trash Zac all you want, but these two teams have done NOTHING recently. Weird take.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 07:36 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I also want a coach like this.  Tomlin knows how to motivate a team which he did the week leading up to our game this week.  I haven’t seen Taylor motivate anything or anybody.  Matter of fact, Taylor teams are under motivated

Tomlin lost back-to-back games to two 2 win teams at home.  His own players quit on the filed.  Some of these takes are so bad I wonder if they just being sarcastic. 

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 07:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You all are too funny. Tomlin is 3-6 in the playoffs over the last 10 years. The only time he’s made it past the divisional round during that timeframe he got smoked by 20 points.

And you want that over a coach that recently went to a Super Bowl and back-to-back AFC Championship games (the one he lost coming by a last minute FG).

But hey “hARd NoSe fOoTBaLl!!!”

Mike Tomlin took the Steelers to the playoffs NINE times in ten years?

Did Saturday’s completely embarrassing loss bother you at all? It really upset a lot of us. The Steelers have been beating the Bengals up mercilessly since 2015 with the exception of 2021. Playing like an unprepared JV team against Pittsburgh is getting really old. That was on Marvin Lewis and now it’s on Zac Taylor.

Going to consecutive AFC Championships is an amazing feat; you’re completely right about this and yes, Zac Taylor deserves great credit. He and Duke Tobin have done some excellent drafting and free agency work.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 08:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Tomlin took the Steelers to the playoffs NINE times in ten years?

What?  Where do you get these numbers? 

The Steelers have been to the playoffs 6 times in the last 12 years, with a playoff record of 4-6.  The Bengals have been to the playoffs 6 times in the last 12, with a playoff record of 5-6 with an AFC Championship.

Reply/Quote