Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 - 0 vs the NFC, 0 - 5 vs the AFC North.
(12-25-2023, 08:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: What?  Where do you get these numbers? 

I wasn’t stating these numbers as a fact; I was asking Nicomo if they were accurate. In a post he said the Steelers were 3-6 in the playoffs over last ten years. He’s usually spot-on with statistics.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 08:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I wasn’t stating these numbers as a fact; I was asking Nicomo if they were accurate.  In a post he said the Steelers were 3-6 in the playoffs over last ten years.  He’s usually spot-on with statistics.

He is correct.  Why do you think each number represents a different year?  

We went 2-1 last year in the playoffs and 3-1 in 2021.  That is 5 wins and 2 losses in 2 years.......

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 08:51 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He is correct.  Why do you think each number represents a different year?  

We went 2-1 last year in the playoffs and 3-1 in 2021.  That is 5 wins and 2 losses in 2 years.......

Good point! The Steelers aren’t THAT good.
Reply/Quote
I was just having an argument about Tomlin with a Bengals fan on Facebook the other day. 

I compared him to Marvin Lewis and said he only won the SB with Cowher's team and staff. Once that dried up, he's been 3-7 in the playoffs over the last 13 seasons, missed the playoffs 6 times (possibly 7), with playoff losses to the likes of Tim Tebow, Blake Bortles, Baker Mayfield and the broken husk of Peyton Manning.

Most overrated coach in NFL history, imo. He's not terrible, but people talk like he's a HOF coach when the results just aren't there. He's twice as likely to not make the playoffs at all than to win a playoff game.

He'd also be 2-8 in the playoffs since the last Super Bowl if Jeremy Hill holds on to the ball. The guy almost out Marvin'd Marvin, when Marvin had a backup QB.

"No losing seasons" is cool, but a low bar for success. He hasn't done anything great in over 10 years.

Ironically, a Steelers fan agreed with me and said Steelers fans make the Marvin comparison often.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 04:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Both did , splitting hairs with how bad.. both did a good job turning them around but ZT has had more success

Lol. Where did you learn math?

The difference between 2-14 and 6-10 is 60%!!!

No splitting hairs Marvin inherited a horrible team. 

Your venom should be against Dick LeBeau. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 04:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d have to look at the age of the rosters. But I’m not living in the past. I care about where the team is today after Zac built it. Since 2021 he has more wins than Baltimore, Pitt, & Cleveland plus two AFC title appeances (1 win) and a Super Bowl appearance. They have none.  He’s 5-2 in the playoffs and has 5 playoff wins. The Bengals last playoff win 1990. Freaking 31 years ago when he won one…  and now he’s got 5. Build him a statute.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jwv5fc7mh507mn6yum...y.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 06:18 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Lol. Where did you learn math?

The difference between 2-14 and 6-10 is 60%!!!

No splitting hairs Marvin inherited a horrible team. 

Your venom should be against Dick LeBeau. 
Worse vs bad then the Bengals were on a tail spin after the collapse in 2015 in playoffs, 4 straight no playoff seasons, ZT took over a team trending bad and helped guide it to winning again.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 03:19 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was just having an argument about Tomlin with a Bengals fan on Facebook the other day. 

I compared him to Marvin Lewis and said he only won the SB with Cowher's team and staff. Once that dried up, he's been 3-7 in the playoffs over the last 13 seasons, missed the playoffs 6 times (possibly 7), with playoff losses to the likes of Tim Tebow, Blake Bortles, Baker Mayfield and the broken husk of Peyton Manning.

Most overrated coach in NFL history, imo. He's not terrible, but people talk like he's a HOF coach when the results just aren't there. He's twice as likely to not make the playoffs at all than to win a playoff game.

He'd also be 2-8 in the playoffs since the last Super Bowl if Jeremy Hill holds on to the ball. The guy almost out Marvin'd Marvin, when Marvin had a backup QB.

"No losing seasons" is cool, but a low bar for success. He hasn't done anything great in over 10 years.

Ironically, a Steelers fan agreed with me and said Steelers fans make the Marvin comparison often.

What is great,
Coach 1 has 4 SB appearances with 0 wins, 10 playoffs in 24 years, 11-9 in playoffs 535 winning percentage 
Coach 2 has 2 SB appearances with 1 win, 10 playoffs in 15 year, 12-9 in playoffs , 623 winning percentage,  
Coach 3 has  1 SB appearances with 1 win, 10 playoffs in 15 years, 11-9 in playoffs 617 winning percentage 
Coach 4 has  4 SB appearances with 0 wins, 8 playoffs in 18 years  11-8 in playoffs 561 winning percentage 
Coach 5 has 2 SB appearances with 1 win ,  10 playoffs in 16 years, 8-9 in playoffs  630 winning percentage
Coach 6 has 3 SB appearances with 2 wins , 10 playoffs in 19 years, 11-9 in playoffs 569 winning percentage 
Coach 7 has 0 SB appearances,  14 playoffs in 21 years 5-13 in playoffs 613 winning percentage 

3 coaches in HOF Cowher (2), Levy (4), Parcells (6) 
2 coaches not in HOF  Schottenheimer (7) , Reeves (1)
2 active Tomlin (5) , Harbaugh (2).
All are hof consideration careers, none have great playoff records, Tomlin is for sure HOF career consideration as is Harbaugh when you compare them with the rest of that list.

Also sure the cupboard was not bare for Tomlin but give credit were credit is due , he took a 8-8 team to 10-6 then won SB and 15 starters in 2008 team were not on 2005 and if you want to go to 2011 team only 7 remained that lost in SB. I agree he has not maintained that level of success but how look above at that excellent coaches listed it is hard in NFL to win at high level year in and year out and even make SBs.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 06:23 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jwv5fc7mh507mn6yum...y.gif&ct=g]

Not funny but predictable from many of you Super Bowl starved fans
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 02:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ha, imagine saying that before the season started.  I think we can make a run, as long as we don't run into Joe Flacco and the Browns in the playoffs!

Flacco has a good chance to take them to the SB and it's without Chubb - how much sense does that make, that team is built for the long haul pending any contract situations. Really it's only the Ravens that stand in their way right now and Flacco wouldn't have something ot play for? A Flacco vs Lamar game in the playoffs is all the NFL wants right now, with Flacco yelling into the camera at end "you never shoulda ***** made me retire!".
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 10:01 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Flacco has a good chance to take them to the SB and it's without Chubb - how much sense does that make, that team is built for the long haul pending any contract situations. Really it's only the Ravens that stand in their way right now and Flacco wouldn't have something ot play for? A Flacco vs Lamar game in the playoffs is all the NFL wants right now, with Flacco yelling into the camera at end "you never shoulda ***** made me retire!".

To me it’s more than just the QB but having a well rounded and deep roster. Give the Browns credit. They have unfortunately convinced me they have a contending Super Bowl team. It sucks because I live in the Cleveland area and there is nothing worse than obnoxious Cleveland fans. They are more tolerable when they are miserable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 10:22 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: To me it’s more than just the QB but having a well rounded and deep roster.  Give the Browns credit.  They have unfortunately convinced me they have a contending Super Bowl team.  It sucks because I live in the Cleveland area and there is nothing worse than obnoxious Cleveland fans.  They are more tolerable when they are miserable.

I live in Cleveland also. I hope they make it to the SB and lose, so they know what it feels like, temporarily wishing you didn't even make the playoffs lol.

Drunk CLE fans are the worst, and they're drunk most of the time.

You can wear your Bengals hoodie to Home Depot and the employees will shoulder chuck you when they walk by with no remorse.

This team is wrapped around Burrow for however long he stays here, he will probably still win them a SB but at the expense of everything else - can win a SB in more ways than one.

It's funny to imagine the Browns win a SB before Burrow does, we wouldn't live that shit down, but it looks like it's Lamar's year.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 05:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not really fair to include years where Zac sucked against everyone. Or I should say those years don't really indicate that Zac has always struggled against just the division.

More accurately, Zac sucked against everyone for 2 years, then he was solid against the division for 2 years, now he is unbelievably terrible against the division while being great (8-2) against everyone else.

This paints a picture that Zac was likely rebuilding for 2 years, got a good team going, but now the division has been drafting to stop us and has had a few years to study the offense and defense.

At least, IMO, anyways.

That is a good point.  I forgot about the first Dalton year which was really bad.  But still, it appears the rest of the North has figured us out.  We played Baltimore kinda tough both games (before Burrow got hurt) but the other 3 division games, we really got pushed around.

I think Zac has an opportunity to redefine himself and use the offseason to beat the other 3 at their own game.  Good hard-nosed football with a balanced offense that can run the ball.  We've got the best QB in the division so I think it would actually help Joe.  I'd let Higgins walk and use the savings to dedicate to the run game and defense.

If you can't win your division, a Super Bowl win will be even more unlikely.  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 01:38 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: That is a good point.  I forgot about the first Dalton year which was really bad.  But still, it appears the rest of the North has figured us out.  We played Baltimore kinda tough both games (before Burrow got hurt) but the other 3 division games, we really got pushed around.

I think Zac has an opportunity to redefine himself and use the offseason to beat the other 3 at their own game.  Good hard-nosed football with a balanced offense that can run the ball.  We've got the best QB in the division so I think it would actually help Joe.  I'd let Higgins walk and use the savings to dedicate to the run game and defense.

If you can't win your division, a Super Bowl win will be even more unlikely.  

It’s more simple than we think. Always to over analyzed by us all. We can’t run the ball and this year at least stop it. The trenches are a big deal. We’ve failed there. The other 3 teams are better in the trenches. End of story
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 10:22 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: To me it’s more than just the QB but having a well rounded and deep roster.  Give the Browns credit.  They have unfortunately convinced me they have a contending Super Bowl team.  It sucks because I live in the Cleveland area and there is nothing worse than obnoxious Cleveland fans.  They are more tolerable when they are miserable.

Cleveland has a good running game (even without Chubb) and one of the best defenses in NFL history. All they need is for their QB to not suck. That's it. Anything else (like Flacco throwing for over 300 yards in 3 straight games for the first time in his career) are just extra.

And yes, normally, I'd hate it, but anything that makes their decision to sell the farm and their souls and their future for Dashaun Watson look worse and worse just makes me all tingly in my downstairs.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 07:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You all are too funny. Tomlin is 3-6 in the playoffs over the last 10 years. The only time he’s made it past the divisional round during that timeframe he got smoked by 20 points.

And you want that over a coach that recently went to a Super Bowl and back-to-back AFC Championship games (the one he lost coming by a last minute FG).

But hey “hARd NoSe fOoTBaLl!!!”

No doubt. I don't get the Tomlin love on here especially after Zac actually winning with a QB not named Burrow. This shown Zac can win 
without Burrow which was my main question with Zac and it was answered. We just have to start winning in our Division. I think it starts 
in the last game against the Stains myself.

(12-25-2023, 08:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Tomlin lost back-to-back games to two 2 win teams at home.  His own players quit on the filed.  Some of these takes are so bad I wonder if they just being sarcastic. 

Exactly, if Zac would of lost to terrible teams like that he would be getting crucified on here.

I think it is just we all hate the stealers so much and just lost to them again which causes tons of overreactions.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 03:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, if Zac would of lost to terrible teams like that he would be getting crucified on here.

To be fair, we literally just got embarrassed by one this past Saturday. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 03:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, we literally just got embarrassed by one this past Saturday. Ninja

By a 2 loss team?

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 03:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, we literally just got embarrassed by one this past Saturday. Ninja

True enough, they were playing pretty damn terrible at the time lol

Just sucks it is their SB every time they play us, bastids. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 03:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: By a 2 loss team?

No a terrible team. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote