Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
5-12
Think the Bengals will be on bubble as a wildcard team.

Not sure they get that wildcard but will be in hunt imo, seeing 8-11 wins coming barring any major injuries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:44 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: The pass to chase was a terrible play call as the defense saw it coming and chase got blown up. If he caught the ball he was at risk of fumbling it. Hard to succeed when you’re put in a bad position by the coaching. Seemed like they were calling the offense with Burrow in an attempt not to get him hurt. Easy Pickens for the defense.

Well yeah, what did you expect them to do. They even said they were going to do that several days ago.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well yeah, what did you expect them to do. They even said they were going to do that several days ago.

Well sure limit him and don't drop back on a 3rd and long trying to complete a long developing route. I know people were joking about 2 runs and a screen but I wasn't expecting that to be accurate and if it was I just don't even see the point in putting him out there. 
Reply/Quote
I'm going to say 6-11 but they finish the season strong.
Offensively
It will take some time for the offense to gel especially Joe coming back from an injury. I think the line will be better at Tackle but IOL concerns me a bit. The offensive weapons are elite but I still would like to see another deep threat at WR.

Defense
There is a lot to like about the unit but not to love. The run defense should be good but I worry about the pass rush and coverage. Especially depth at pass rusher. Both Khalid Kareem (apparently injured early in the dolphins game) and Ossai look to be done for the year. I'm worried that Hendrickson is just a one year wonder. Also who steps up as a nickel DT besides Larry.
For the secondary I question wether or not Trae Waynes is capable of being a #1 CB. Auwzi and Hilton should be fine. Phillips is a fine 4th CB. Bates and Bell are an elite duo at Safety.
LB core should be the best since the 2017 season but I expect some breakdown's in communication early in the season.

Special Teams-
Wilson and Phillips could be the best KR/PR duo in the NFL. They could potentially steal a game this year.
I expect Huber to be Huber and I'm excited about McPherson at Kicker.
Wouldn't be shocked if Simmons is the interim Head coach after Taylor is fired.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well yeah, what did you expect them to do. They even said they were going to do that several days ago.

I wasn’t aware until I heard the commentators say before the game he’s only playing 3 snaps. I didn’t watch the most recent Zac press conference prior to the game though. I’m more interested in the player ones and catch one of ZTs here and there.

But yeah, it’s hard to tell what the offense is going to look like from that sample.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think the Bengals will be on bubble as a wildcard team.

Not sure they get that wildcard but will be in hunt imo, seeing 8-11 wins coming barring any major injuries.

If they are in the hunt for a wild card the team is improved enough to where burrow should shine and I would venture to guess we get in if burrow is healthy all season and we are in the hunt as you say. But we do play some tough division games down the stretch too. Won’t be easy.

I think the Vikings game will tell us all a lot in terms of what we can expect. They get blown out it’s gunna be a miserable season. They lose a close one and we’re in for a losing season. They win and they have a chance at the wild card. They blow them out I’d feel very optimistic.

The Vikings have a solid offensive team, but they did lose reiff this offseason so their line could potentially be a weakness. Their defense was terrible last year, but they could improve to middle of the pack. I’m hoping we get 4tds on them. We’ll see.
Reply/Quote
Starting the season off with 2 games against NFC North teams seems pretty wacky.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 10:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Starting the season off with 2 games against NFC North teams seems pretty wacky.

Both winnable games with an improved team. If we lose both we’re in for a long season. Hoping we win both and finally see an exciting product this year.

Game 2 vs Dalton should be interesting.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:39 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Yes, and even if he caught it the defense was all over him.

Lol the Bengals came out and said Burrow was gonna only play 3 snaps with no dropback. If your a defender playing for your football future what are you gonna do in this case? Jump everything short. They knew exactly what plays were coming with no chance of getting beat deep.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 10:33 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Both winnable games with an improved team. If we lose both we’re in for a long season. Hoping we win both and finally see an exciting product this year.

Game 2 vs Dalton should be interesting.

Well, if you're going to lose you're best off losing early in the season to the other conference.  With that being said, Dalton is likely to be coming off a beatdown in prime time in LA, so a win against us in Chicago at 1pm (noon central time) could be standard stuff for him. 
Reply/Quote
I think putting Burrow in for 3 plays was just flat out stupid.This didn’t help his cause any.He needed at least 3 series to get warmed up,and shake off some rust.That throw to Chase got blown up before it ever got started.This Ja’Maar Chase issue is starting to get on my nerves a little bit.He just needs to man-up and catch the ball.He’s not aggressive enough.He needs to attack the ball more.Hoping he gets it together by opening day.

In this fiercely competitive AFC North division,this team needs him to be at his best by opening day.
Reply/Quote
I say 7 wins… optimistically
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:52 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I feel like if the team has improved offensive line play they can get 8 maybe 9 wins, but they really need to come out of these first 4 games like 3-1 to give 9 wins hope.

I just hope Chase stops dropping these balls that are very catchable. The D looks like it can be top 15, which will really help burrow with field position and scoring points.

Let’s just hope the bengals make the right decisions

I agree with all of this. I'm really hoping for a week 1 win but we definitely need to be very competitive at the very least. Hopefully Chase gets himself some decent separation on a couple plays for easy catches and get his confidence going as most of his drops seem to be with people around him. 

Probably the thing I'm most concerned about is Zac coming up with a good game plan with the right mix of conservative/aggressive play calling. We definitely have the players to accommodate a dink and dunk approach while occasionally taking some shots if the protection is holding up.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have a couple things going.into the season
They.didnt have last year

1. A oline coach that knows what he is doing

2. A placekicker that can hit.from 50 plus yds

3. Health

4. Better depth in the trenches

Those things alone equate to a wildcard possibility
Reply/Quote
I'm not saying this team can't vie for a WC slot, but being in the AFC and in a tough division we probably can't afford a slow start. We've got to hit the ground running in week 1 and I'm a bit concerned week 1 is being treated like pre-season.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 10:25 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: The Vikings have a solid offensive team, but they did lose reiff this offseason so their line could potentially be a weakness. Their defense was terrible last year, but they could improve to middle of the pack. I’m hoping we get 4tds on them. We’ll see.

They drafted Christian Darrisaw but he's been having issues with a core muscle surgery he had back in January. I guess he just had another minor procedure for it on Aug.12 but I guess its still a possibility he starts week 1 but it seems doubtful. So hopefully the Dline can get after Cousins and get some sacks.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:27 PM)J24 Wrote: I'm going to say 6-11 but they finish the season strong.
Offensively
It will take some time for the offense to gel especially Joe coming back from an injury. I think the line will be better at Tackle but IOL concerns me a bit. The offensive weapons are elite but I still would like to see another deep threat at WR.

Defense
There is a lot to like about the unit but not to love. The run defense should be good but I worry about the pass rush and coverage. Especially depth at pass rusher. Both Khalid Kareem (apparently injured early in the dolphins game) and Ossai look to be done for the year. I'm worried that Hendrickson is just a one year wonder. Also who steps up as a nickel DT besides Larry.
For the secondary I question wether or not Trae Waynes is capable of being a #1 CB. Auwzi and Hilton should be fine. Phillips is a fine 4th CB. Bates and Bell are an elite duo at Safety.
LB core should be the best since the 2017 season but I expect some breakdown's in communication early in the season.

Special Teams-
Wilson and Phillips could be the best KR/PR duo in the NFL. They could potentially steal a game this year.
I expect Huber to be Huber and I'm excited about McPherson at Kicker.
Wouldn't be shocked if Simmons is the interim Head coach after Taylor is fired.

Well we finish Baltimore, KC and then Cleveland so hopefully we're not counting on a strong finish to get to 6-11 because that will be tough especially after a bad year. Where did you hear Khalid Kareem got injured I didn't see that and tried to look and didn't see it mentioned?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 10:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Starting the season off with 2 games against NFC North teams seems pretty wacky.

You really love that word don’t you. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You really love that word don’t you. Tongue

Sometimes I even wacky peepee!
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 10:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, if you're going to lose you're best off losing early in the season to the other conference.  With that being said, Dalton is likely to be coming off a beatdown in prime time in LA, so a win against us in Chicago at 1pm (noon central time) could be standard stuff for him. 

I feel like the easiest part of our schedule is early in the season. The second half is brutal. I think we need to win the first two to have a winning season. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, Rams will be good this year. I don’t see the bears beating them week 1. Dalton could beat us. Hope we clobber him though. They’re a slightly above average team.
Reply/Quote