Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5-5 Bengals Still In Wild Card Picture
There are 5 teams with 5-5 records for the #6 play-off spot. Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Titans. Bengals beat Colts and Dolphins and split with Ravens. Bengals are in the Play-Off Hunt as much as anybody at 5-5.

I post this with all the Browns Troll hype on here. Bengals now play the 3-6-1 Browns and the 4-6 Broncos in Cincinnati. These teams are NOT the Chiefs or Saints who I expect to play each other in The Super Bowl. They are not the Steelers who I expect to play in AFC Championship Game. If Bengals beat the losing teams of Browns and Broncos, Bengals rise to 7-5. Expect Dolphins, Ravens, Colts, Titans bunch that some of these teams take a loss over next 2 games.

So while Browns Trolls invade Bengals site talking about their 3-6-1 Browns who have won 4 whole games in last 3 years, I think real Bengals Fans on this site need to see that the Bengals are very much in the hunt for the 6th Wild Card spot. 7-5 record after next 2 games is very possible for Bengals and that keeps them IN THE HUNT. The Bengals probably have 2 teams with losing records after that in Raiders and Browns. 4 of their last 6 games are losing record teams probably. In the bunch with Dolphins, Ravens, Colts, Titans, Bengals could end up on top. At 5-5 they are very much in this thing. Chiefs and Saints are playing way above most of NFL, but Bengals can beat some of these Losers coming up.

Bengals do have 2 hard games in Chargers and Steelers, but I don't look for Dolphins, Ravens, Colts or Titans to go 6-0. Bengals could very much be in Play-Off Hunt over Christmas and New Years. That may not be good enough for Bengals Fans who's expectations are higher than Browns Fans of 4 wins in 3 years. I would be very happy with Bengals sneaking in as team # 6. Who knows, if Bengals are hot end of season and healthy, they could go for that play-off win. For now, beat losing record Browns and Broncos.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
While I appreciate the cup of optimism (that used to be my job), this team as it currently sits is not going to suddenly play a more aggressive man-scheme (that, with three first round corners, they seem constructed to be) and have more creativity on offense.

I don't mean to say the talent isn't there, but if the coaches haven't changed their, uh, stripes by this point....they never will.

I am just hoping for a clean slate and all new coaching staff while we still have Dalton and Green in their prime.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looking at the teams in play and everyone’s schedule it’s silly to think the bengals are not in this. Not only are they in this they have the best shot the go into the post season. If all these team some how go 9-7 the bengals would win the tie breakers. In order for a 10-6 team to happen someone needs to go 5-1 from here on out. That’s extremely unlikely to happen given theyer all 500 teams at the moment and there are lots of division games left.

Cincinnati can beat the raiders and Denver. If they don’t sweep Cleveland don’t put it past them to steal a game from Pitt or LA.

I got flamed for being negative on this team when we were 4-1. I wasn’t being negative I was saying hey we’ve been here before proceed with caution. Now I’ll probably get flamed for being a homer.

That’s the the game is. Sometimes you get highs but you can let them fool you and sometimes you get lows but you can’t let them drag you down. This is far from over.

If Cincinnati loses tomorrow I might sing a diffrent tune but till then nothing’s changed.
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna get on the optimistic train and say we win every game that we have AJ back.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 12:37 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I'm gonna get on the optimistic train and say we win every game that we have AJ back.

I have no doubt we would have beaten the Ratbirds with AJ.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 02:49 AM)kevin Wrote: There are 5 teams with 5-5 records for the #6 play-off spot.  Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Titans.  Bengals beat Colts and Dolphins and split with Ravens. Bengals are in the Play-Off Hunt as much as anybody at 5-5.  

I post this with all the Browns Troll hype on here.  Bengals now play the 3-6-1 Browns and the 4-6 Broncos in Cincinnati.  These teams are NOT the Chiefs or Saints who I expect to play each other in The Super Bowl.  They are not the Steelers who I expect to play in AFC Championship Game. If Bengals beat the losing teams of Browns and Broncos, Bengals rise to 7-5.  Expect Dolphins, Ravens, Colts, Titans bunch that some of these teams take a loss over next 2 games.  

So while Browns Trolls invade Bengals site talking about their 3-6-1 Browns who have won 4 whole games in last 3 years,  I think real Bengals Fans on this site need to see that the Bengals are very much in the hunt for the 6th Wild Card spot.  7-5 record after next 2 games is very possible for Bengals and that keeps them IN THE HUNT.  The Bengals probably have 2 teams with losing records after that in Raiders and Browns.  4 of their last 6 games are losing record teams probably.  In the bunch with Dolphins, Ravens, Colts, Titans, Bengals could end up on top.  At 5-5 they are very much in this thing.  Chiefs and Saints are playing way above most of NFL, but Bengals can beat some of these Losers coming up.  

Bengals do have 2 hard games in Chargers and Steelers, but I don't look for Dolphins, Ravens, Colts or Titans to go 6-0.  Bengals could very much be in Play-Off Hunt over Christmas and New Years.  That may not be good enough for Bengals Fans who's expectations are higher than Browns Fans of 4 wins in 3 years.  I would be very happy with Bengals sneaking in as team # 6.   Who knows, if Bengals are hot end of season and healthy, they could go for that play-off win. For now, beat losing record Browns and Broncos.

It IS still possible. However, this team is quite capable of losing to anybody, including the Browns, Denver and Oakland, not to mention the Steelers and Chargers. Going 9-7 may not be good enough to get in.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 12:37 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I'm gonna get on the optimistic train and say we win every game that we have AJ back.

Watch AJ be the next guy put on IR.  The way this season is going, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

This is what drives me crazy about this team. A.J. was supposed to miss 2 games. Now we are on the 3rd when we need him the most. I dread when someone has a "little" injury on this team. 

What would happen if there was a serious injury? Someone better make sure Glasgow is still alive!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 01:01 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It IS still possible. However, this team is quite capable of losing to anybody, including the Browns, Denver and Oakland, not to mention the Steelers and Chargers. Going 9-7 may not be good enough to get in.

i feel like om beating a dead horse but

NO ONE IS GOING FREAKING 5-1 FROM HERE OUT! NO ONE!

9-7 is going to be the 6th seed and we hold the tie breakers if all the teams now 5-5 go 9-7 to finish the season.

I've said this 4 times in 3 different thread and it seems no one is paying attention.  But whatever.
Reply/Quote
Listen to me. We are not going to be in the playoffs. We probably might not win another game. Wait, Ohio State whooped Michigan and that was not expected. The Bengals however are not Ohio State. I would be glad if the Bengals win 2 more games.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Yeah, mathematics is a wonderful thing. Yes, the Bengals are technically still in the playoff race, but you really can't tell by watching them. I've pretty much checked out, as far as enthusiasm that this current team will make and do anything in the post season. About the only thing that could change my mind, is if they suddenly went on a roll, and just started dominating teams.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 04:40 PM)motoarch Wrote: i feel like om beating a dead horse but

NO ONE IS GOING FREAKING 5-1 FROM HERE OUT! NO ONE!

9-7 is going to be the 6th seed and we hold the tie breakers if all the teams now 5-5 go 9-7 to finish the season.

I've said this 4 times in 3 different thread and it seems no one is paying attention.  But whatever.

Why won't anyone go 5-1? That's a very big assumption.

Indy has the best shot at that with Miami, Jax (who they beat two weeks ago), Houston (who they lost by 3 points to earlier this year), Dallas, Giants and Tennessee (who they handlily beat already).

Bengals are usually good for a loss they had no business losing.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 04:20 PM)McC Wrote: Watch AJ be the next guy put on IR.  The way this season is going, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

If they lose to the Browns, I wouldn't be surprised if AJ ended up with surgery they said he didn't need and IR him for the rest of the year.

Ever since that collapse against the Steelers, this team has been sliding downward and I think it could take a miracle to right the ship. 
I think a loss against the Browns at home breaks the back of this team and we're looking ahead to next year.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 10:13 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Why won't anyone go 5-1? That's a very big assumption.

Indy has the best shot at that with Miami, Jax (who they beat two weeks ago), Houston (who they lost by 3 points to earlier this year), Dallas, Giants and Tennessee (who they handlily beat already).

Bengals are usually good for a loss they had no business losing.

When a team is 5-5 it’s far form a big assumption they won’t go 5-1 to finish the season. If they did it would actually be 8-1 after 2-5 start. You really want to take those odds?
Reply/Quote
If they handle these next two in fairly convincing fashion and then go out to LA and look like some semblance of an NFL team then I might pay out a little hope rope ?
Reply/Quote
I think the magic number is 8-5 and 10-6, which means the SD game is a must win. If not, then the season ending Pitt game will decide if we get in. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 11:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If they handle these next two in fairly convincing fashion and then go out to LA and look like some semblance of an NFL team then I might pay out a little hope rope ?

Exactly! Tomorrows game against the Browns is far from certain.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I appreciate the cup of optimism (that used to be my job), this team as it currently sits is not going to suddenly play a more aggressive man-scheme (that, with three first round corners, they seem constructed to be) and have more creativity on offense.

I don't mean to say the talent isn't there, but if the coaches haven't changed their, uh, stripes by this point....they never will.  

I am just hoping for a clean slate and all new coaching staff while we still have Dalton and Green in their prime.

I have to agree with you on this. We're a lot closer to finishing 1-5 than we are to 5-1 to finish the year.

The issues with the team are 1) The Linebackers are terrible.
2) The offensive line is bad.

Those aren't issues that are just going to go away 10 games into the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 04:20 PM)McC Wrote: Watch AJ be the next guy put on IR.  The way this season is going, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

You know, I was thinking that today. He was doubtful against the Browns and I saw ESPN report that he's officially out now.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 12:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I have to agree with you on this. We're a lot closer to finishing 1-5 than we are to 5-1 to finish the year.

The issues with the team are 1) The Linebackers are terrible.
2) The offensive line is bad.

Those aren't issues that are just going to go away 10 games into the
Yup I agree also, We have a real problem at linebacker with Brown out for the season and Vigil Panic uhmm in injury paradox. We split with Cleveland an beat the Raiders 7 and 9. At best we sweep Cleveland, Beat the Raiders and broncos 9 and 7.  We have too many injuries too compete at this point, and our coaching is trash, so onto next year :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: giggle giggle giggle. Marvin should do the right thing and retire.
Reply/Quote