Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5 Bengals in ESPN top 100
NFL Rank 2022 - Predicting the top 100 players, with stats, notes and quotes for the league's best, including Patrick Mahomes at No. 1 (espn.com)

14. Ja'Marr Chase...Signature stat: Chase's 1,455 receiving yards were the most by a rookie since the Super Bowl era began in 1966. During last year's postseason run to the Super Bowl, Chase also became the first rookie in NFL history to record multiple 100-yard receiving games in a postseason. He also had an NFL-best five TD catches on passes thrown 30-plus yards downfield in 2021.

26. Joe Burrow...Signature stat: Burrow led the NFL in completion percentage (70.4%) and yards per attempt (8.9) despite playing behind an offensive line that finished 30th in pass block win rate. In addition, Burrow's deep ball was dangerous in 2021 as he had an NFL-high seven touchdowns on passes at least 30 yards downfield, and his eight touchdown passes on fade routes were tied for most in the NFL

72. Trey Hendrickson...Signature stat: Hendrickson and T.J. Watt are the only NFL players with 13.0 sacks or more in each of the past two seasons. The 2021 Pro Bowler had a career-high 14.0 sacks last season -- ranking fifth in the NFL -- and the most in Bengals history (since sacks became an official stat in 1982).

84. Tee Higgins...Signature stat: Higgins led all receivers with 100 yards and two touchdowns in Super Bowl LVI, becoming just the third player since 1997 to have 100 receiving yards and two touchdowns in a Super Bowl (Larry Fitzgerald in 2008, Rob Gronkowski in 2017).

93. Jessie Bates...Signature stat: Over the past two seasons, Bates has the fourth-ranked targeted EPA among safeties with at least 500 coverage snaps (minus-15.4). He ranked first among safeties in targeted EPA in 2020 (minus-23.9).
Reply/Quote
They make up 5% of that list. It's a super complicated equation just trust me
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
and Joe should be top 10
Reply/Quote
They put Chase, 14th,  well below Justin Jefferson, who was 7th. And Herbert well above Burrow, with Herbert being 11 and Burrow 26th.
According to ESPN, this list involved more than 50 "NFL experts" who rated "players based on how good they will be in the 2022 season compared with their peers."
Reply/Quote
I like Mixon a lot, but I was surprised that the NFL.com top 100 had him at #38 and did not include Hendrickson at all.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 08:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like Mixon a lot, but I was surprised that the NFL.com top 100 had him at #38 and did not include Hendrickson at all.

Hendrickson was 78th in the NFL.com top 100.
Reply/Quote
DJ Reader gets zero respect.

We all love the way Bates played in the playoffs, but how do you show up on a list of top 100 when you admittedly mail in your effort for half season? Meanwhile, Reader seems to put forth max effort every play, generally with damned fine results.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 09:54 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: DJ Reader gets zero respect.

We all love the way Bates played in the playoffs, but how do you show up on a list of top 100 when you admittedly mail in your effort for half season? Meanwhile, Reader seems to put forth max effort every play, generally with damned fine results.

Same way I feel MTB. Bogus shiiite! Mellow
Reply/Quote
Personally, I think that's kinda low for Joe and Hendrickson.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 08:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: Hendrickson was 78th in the NFL.com top 100.

Derp.
Reply/Quote
**** ESPN and their stupid shitty lists. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 09:54 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: DJ Reader gets zero respect.

Excellent point.  I just commented in another thread that the additional prime time games this season should get a lot of these guys more national attention.  

This defense is not this defense without Reader.  He was a HUGE part of the Tennesse win.  Love that guy.  The team seems to love him as well, and it seemed JJ Watt was most upset when he wasn't signed back by Houston.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 01:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: **** ESPN and their stupid shitty lists. 

Nervous Ummmm, this is Sports Illustrated's shitty list.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:32 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Nervous Ummmm, this is Sports Illustrated's shitty list.

No Fred titled the thread wrong - it’s an espn list.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:38 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: No Fred titled the thread wrong - it’s an espn list.

Thank you.

Corrected.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:32 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Nervous Ummmm, this is Sports Illustrated's shitty list.

Stop it Phil. See below.

(08-30-2022, 11:38 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: No Fred titled the thread wrong - it’s an espn list.

Phil, you should know by now...i'm NEVER wrong!!!!    Cool

except when i am

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stop it Phil. See below.

Phil, you should know by now...i'm NEVER wrong!!!!    Cool

except when i am

Does it help if I agree with you about ESPN's shitty lists?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 04:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Does it help if I agree with you about ESPN's shitty lists?

Sure?

Reply/Quote