Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Teams with 1 Win or Less
I know that everyone is set on getting the 1st pick...but it's crazy...IF we win 2-3 games, we could be picking 5th.

The league has some REALLY bad teams this year. A guy from the NFL Network was on the radio today talking about how he things there are 6 teams this year that would be among historically bad teams.

3-13 could pick 5th or 6th this year.
Reply/Quote
It really comes down to the Jets Dolphins and two Browns games for the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 11:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I know that everyone is set on getting the 1st pick...but it's crazy...IF we win 2-3 games, we could be picking 5th.

The league has some REALLY bad teams this year. A guy from the NFL Network was on the radio today talking about how he things there are 6 teams this year that would be among historically bad teams.

3-13 could pick 5th or 6th this year.

Worth mentioning what those teams are:
- CIN (0-8)
- WSH (1-8)
- NYJ (1-7)
- MIA (1-7, tiebreaker over NYJ)
- ATL (1-7)

NYJ plays CIN, MIA, and WSH this year.
Cincinnati plays MIA along with NYJ.
ATL doesn't play any of these other teams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We likely won't get the 1st pick. I don't want 0-16 for it.

But we can dream of the possibilities for a couple more weeks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Not only did Atlanta get to the Super Bowl just three years ago, but they made it with one of the youngest defenses ever. They had something like 8starters who er first or second year players.

How the hell do they now have the 30th ranked scoring defense?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Worth mentioning what those teams are:
- CIN (0-8)
- WSH (1-8)
- NYJ (1-7)
- ATL (1-7)

Bengals will be 4-12 at best or 0-16 at worst. At least we know Skins Jets and Falcons aren't likely to take a QB if that's what the Bengals are looking at...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Worth mentioning what those teams are:
- CIN (0-8)
- WSH (1-8)
- NYJ (1-7)
- ATL (1-7)

Interestingly, I wonder if the whole bench Dalton thing could blow up on us?

The Jets and Dolphins already have 1 win. Say they want to tank and we beat them both. The Dolphins would pick a QB. The Jets may trade that pick to a team that wants a QB...and bam...we're settling for Herbert.

And I know people will be happy with Tua or Burrow...but likely they won't both be stars. If either is.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not only did Atlanta get to the Super Bowl just three years ago, but they made it with one of the youngest defenses ever.  They had something like 8starters who er first or second year players.

How the hell do they now have the 30th ranked scoring defense?

Indeed.

Look at a guy like Vic Beasley. He had 15.5 sacks in 2016. Since then, 5, 5, and 1.5 this year.

Generally the thought is that young players improve...but that's not always the case.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interestingly, I wonder if the whole bench Dalton thing could blow up on us?

The Jets and Dolphins already have 1 win. Say they want to tank and we beat them both. The Dolphins would pick a QB. The Jets may trade that pick to a team that wants a QB...and bam...we're settling for Herbert.

And I know people will be happy with Tua or Burrow...but likely they won't both be stars. If either is.

Why do you say that? I think this is a much better QB class than last year. Just due to probability of QB success or because of the players specifically?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interestingly, I wonder if the whole bench Dalton thing could blow up on us?

I'm trying to look at this like a positive...
If Finley is as good as or worse than Dalton, the Bengals shouldn't get more than 1 win.
If Finley is better, perhaps the Bengals do end up having a solid QB and they can go with a guy like Andrew Thomas instead.
My belief is the former will happen. Finley has some good skills but he's limited physically.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed.

Look at a guy like Vic Beasley. He had 15.5 sacks in 2016. Since then, 5, 5, and 1.5 this year.

Generally the thought is that young players improve...but that's not always the case.

I remember reading something along the lines of his 2016 season being an absolute anomaly due to the amount of times he converted a pressure into a sack. Basically, more often than not, he was sacking a QB whenever he generated pressure (and he wasn't generating pressure a TON.). He hasn't been able to convert the same percentage since then and now this is how his numbers look. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm trying to look at this like a positive...
If Finley is as good as or worse than Dalton, the Bengals shouldn't get more than 1 win.
If Finley is better, perhaps the Bengals do end up having a solid QB and they can go with a guy like Andrew Thomas instead.
My belief is the former will happen. Finley has some good skills but he's limited physically.

Or Jerry Jeudy which will make everyone on this board flip their lids.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Or Jerry Jeudy which will make everyone on this board flip their lids.

I would be ok with Jeudy, but if he's drafted, I don't want to see AJ extended and/or Ross to stick around. They don't need a 1st round WR sitting at WR4.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: We likely won't get the 1st pick. I don't want 0-16 for it.

But we can dream of the possibilities for a couple more weeks.

This for me. I really don't covet the pick as much as dread the stigma of going winless in a season. 

That being said, I see no way this team wins a game. Dreaming of beating Miami/Cleveland is just that, a dream. Fitzpatrick will make our defense look silly and likely so will Baker. Those teams are much more competent that this team unless something drastic changes. And the only thing thats really changed is we're subbing in a completely untested rookie. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would be ok with Jeudy, but if he's drafted, I don't want to see AJ extended and/or Ross to stick around. They don't need a 1st round WR sitting at WR4.

AJ, Jeudy, and Boyd would be a hell of a WR Group. But I agree they'd have to either let Ross walk after next year or trade him for a day 3 pick during the draft...yea I said day 3...

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:46 PM)Synric Wrote: AJ, Jeudy, and Boyd would be a hell of a WR Group. But I agree they'd have to either let Ross walk after next year or trade him for a day 3 pick during the draft...yea I said day 3...

It would be but with no time to throw, the WRs won't have a chance to get downfield or create much separation. They would need to address OL very heavily in FA if they go WR in Rd 1.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It would be but with no time to throw, the WRs won't have a chance to get downfield or create much separation. They would need to address OL very heavily in FA if they go WR in Rd 1.

We all know they need offensive linemen. I believe they know they need offensive linemen. But still with a top 5 pick Jerry Jeudy is worth it...Grant Delpit is another name Bengals fans would hate to see likely worse than Jeudy.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Or Jerry Jeudy which will make everyone on this board flip their lids.

With AJ possibly leaving, and Ross being so unreliable as well as often injured it wouldn’t be the worst pick in the world. Especially if Young, Burrow, and Tua are off the board.

Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals or the Falcons should get the 1st overall pick regardless of record.  Of all the bad teams, they are the only two that actually went into this year with any sort of expectations and a real starting QB under center (I guess Darnold is somewhat real).  That is what makes the Bengals and Falcons the worst.

(11-08-2019, 12:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would be ok with Jeudy, but if he's drafted, I don't want to see AJ extended and/or Ross to stick around. They don't need a 1st round WR sitting at WR4.

How can anyone sit the bench behind two guys who never make it on to the field?  If we pick Judge Jeudy at WR he's gonna play.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why do you say that? I think this is a much better QB class than last year. Just due to probability of QB success or because of the players specifically?

I think people on the board look at position in general. As long as we go QB they will be happy.

But, the bust rate is high on QB.
Reply/Quote