Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 reasons why we could potentially beat steelers
1 We need a win desperately to remain in the playoff race. If rumors are true and this is Marvin last year. What better way of leaving in true Marvin fashion an opening round playoff loss.
2 Steelers on the road are beatable they are capable of dropping a road division game to us. They barely beat the Rodgers less packers at home.
3 We have became semi competent on offensive line lately the 3 quarters grades they be up to a D if I graded them now. from the D - I gave them at the midway point
4 A light came on for Mixon. I feel he will consistently start to produce as a stud regardless of Oline.
5 Kevin Minter is back it takes our linebacking core to another level when he is out there.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1 We need a win desperately to remain in the playoff race. If rumors are true and this is Marvin last year. What better way of leaving in true Marvin fashion an opening round playoff loss.
2 Steelers on the road are beatable they are capable of dropping a road division game to us. They barely beat the Rodgers less packers at home.
3 We have became semi competent on offensive line lately the 3 quarters grades they be up to a D if I graded them now. from the D - I gave them at the midway point
4 A light came on for Mixon. I feel he will consistently start to produce as a stud regardless of Oline.
5 Kevin Minter is back it takes our linebacking core to another level when he is out there.

Or another true Marvin fashion - losing to the Steelers Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We're been pretty terrible against the Steelers in Cincy.

I don't know if our offense or defense is the bigger worry for me. The Steelers have so much talent on offense and teams like the Browns and Broncos moved the ball against us...and our offense needs to be able to score.

Really to win we need to put together a total complete effort and play our best game of the year in all phases.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 4 A light came on for Mixon. I feel he will consistently start to produce as a stud regardless of Oline.

This is the only one of your five points I have some heartburn about. One cannot produce jack squat out of the backfield without sufficient blocking up front. It just doesn’t happen. If the offensive line reverts back to zone blocking you’re going to see more of what happened to Joe Mixon in weeks one through eleven. The “lights coming on” were gaps opened by the offensive line yesterday.

Your other four points are fantastic.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is the only one of your five points I have some heartburn about.  One cannot produce jack squat out of the backfield without sufficient blocking up front.  It just doesn’t happen.  If the offensive line reverts back to zone  blocking you’re going to see more of what happened to Joe Mixon in weeks one through eleven.  The “lights coming on” were gaps opened by the offensive line yesterday.

Your other four points are fantastic.

Yeah that's the thing. Mixon probably ran the same way he did all year...there were just holes against the Browns because of blocking.

It's not like he had some huge epiphany on how to run the ball better. The blocking improved.
Reply/Quote
Funny how a win over the Browns has catapulted the fans back into thinking this is a playoff WIN caliber team.

Not gonna happen. Steelers are going to do what they usually do sweep the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:46 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Funny how a win over the Browns has catapulted the fans back into thinking this is a playoff WIN caliber team.

Not gonna happen. Steelers are going to do what they usually do sweep the Bengals

Not this time. Not in our house.
Reply/Quote
We have to beat the Steelers sometime don't we???

I always feel like we're going to beat them...then we lose.
Reply/Quote
1) Monday Night
2) Dalton on Monday Night (although he's been better than he was)
3) Marvin on Monday Night.
4) The Steelers played down to the Pack. They generally don't give the Bengals that courtesy.
5) The Steelers are better.
6)Tenn, Cle, and Jack all had receivers running free. What do you think is going to happen here?

Believe what you want. No harm in that. I just don't see it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Beating them will be a monumental task, but it can be done. We just need our mental midgets not to get caught up in "It's the Steelers" game. You know the Steelers are going to come out and push the envelope on playing dirty and we will react and fall apart.
Reply/Quote
None matter because Marv has mailed it in and he wants to join their staff after he loses his job this year.
Reply/Quote
Gonna be even tougher to beat them without Burfict (if he gets suspended, as I suspect he will).
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 03:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: None matter because Marv has mailed it in and he wants to join their staff after he loses his job this year.

Wouldn't surprise me. Go be where you belong Marv, in piss yellow and black.

This game is on Monday night, primetime with Marv as the HC? Hard to see us winning this one unless we have Burfict
back and he injures one of their star players, Bell, Brown or the Pig. I like that we changed up our blocking scheme to
more directionaly blocking instead of that passive zone we were running though.
Reply/Quote
5 reasons/ways we could could beat the Steelers (no order)

1. Don't let Marvin develop the game plan- we know Marvin would go run heavy, especially after Mixon had a big day, or he'd score a few with a balanced attack and then call for vanilla offensive play calling and defensively soft/prevent defenses. Be aggressive all game. Play to win, don't play not to lose.

2. Establish Mixon, but keep it balanced and use him in a variety of ways. By establishing him, I don't mean be predictive and run him into the ground, but run him to open up other things, and also use him receiving and on screens. I saw one double-screen last week where we had Mixon and one side of the line going out for a screen and the other side of the line setting up for a screen to the receiver. We ended up throwing it to the receiver. I'm only pointing that out to say don't be predictable with him.

3. Use Kroft up the seams- everyone knows that I always preach this, but force them to either play man-to-man with a safety, keep both safeties back with one in the middle of the field and one doubling AJ, or force their rush linebacker or middle linebacker to try to cover him. Regardless, it keeps their pass rush from teeing off on AJ and keeps the entire D from loading the box to stop Mixon.

4. Let AJ be AJ.

5. Load the box to stop Bell and hope that Geno, Dunlap, Lawson, etc., can get to Ben before he has time to pick us apart.
Reply/Quote
We have NO shot. On to the Bears.
Reply/Quote
Someone could list 45 reasons and my response would still be I'll believe it when I see it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 07:29 PM)McC Wrote: Someone could list 45 reasons and my response would still be I'll believe it when I see it.

Agree,

I'll even say they could list 145 reasons and I'll say the same as you.

The Bengals have about as much a chance of winning this game as I do going out in the front yard and pushing a rope.

I'd love to us win no doubt. But Mike Brown killed those chances back in the summer.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 1) Monday Night
2) Dalton on Monday Night (although he's been better than he was)
3) Marvin on Monday Night.
4) The Steelers played down to the Pack. They generally don't give the Bengals that courtesy.
5) The Steelers are better.
6)Tenn, Cle, and Jack all had receivers running free. What do you think is going to happen here?

Believe what you want. No harm in that. I just don't see it.

What he said. Can we beat them? Sure. Will we? I fully expect a colossal beat down. Won’t be at all surprised to lose by 3 TDS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Steelers on prime time TV sounds like we have a serious beatdown coming. But whodey nonetheless...
Reply/Quote
We only have no shot cause the refs will help the Steelers in a close game ,all of our games are close games. But I'm going to try to speak the win into existence. We beat the squealers!!! Let's go
Reply/Quote