Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 years $46 mil for TE Travis Kelce 1yr ago. Do Bengals pay Tyler Eifert that?
(03-28-2017, 06:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Are any of his injuries considered career threatening? He has 18 touchdowns in his last 20 games I would consider him more than a one year wonder at this point.  

A multitude of concussions is career threatening
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 04:48 PM)depthchart Wrote: I think Eifert draws Big money in Free agency no matter what. Still young and a Pro Bowl talent when playing. May not hit Travis Kelce money but should get near it. IMO

Lafell had 862 yards last year on a new team and in an Offense with a new Offensive Co-ordinator. Say your right but he gets 900 yards. Two year extension also. I think the Bengals see him as at or about a 1,000 yard guy which may be just enough to keep them from going WR in round one.

When Bob Sanders left Indy, he got a 1 year deal. If you can't stay healthy, you can't help the team. Romo is currently in the same situation.

As for LaFell, keep in mind...
6 games AJ didn't start: 31 catches/443 yards/2 TD
10 games AJ did start: 33 catches/419 yards/4 TD

If AJ stays healthy, they wouldn't force feed LaFell the ball, making his season look a lot less pedestrian than it was. LaFell will never be a 1,000 yard WR on a decent team. His only chance is to go on a crappy team where he is the #1 and they are constantly behind, so they keep feeding him the ball.

(03-28-2017, 06:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Are any of his injuries considered career threatening? He has 18 touchdowns in his last 20 games I would consider him more than a one year wonder at this point.  

Not getting into the one year wonder discussion, but you can say "last 20 games", I need to point out that he has only played 22 games over the last 3 years. You can be the biggest game changer ever, but if you are not on the field, it doesn't matter.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 06:29 PM)eoxyod Wrote: A multitude of concussions is career threatening

Should be but most players don't consider it career threatening.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 06:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: When Bob Sanders left Indy, he got a 1 year deal. If you can't stay healthy, you can't help the team. Romo is currently in the same situation.

As for LaFell, keep in mind...
6 games AJ didn't start: 31 catches/443 yards/2 TD
10 games AJ did start: 33 catches/419 yards/4 TD

If AJ stays healthy, they wouldn't force feed LaFell the ball, making his season look a lot less pedestrian than it was. LaFell will never be a 1,000 yard WR on a decent team. His only chance is to go on a crappy team where he is the #1 and they are constantly behind, so they keep feeding him the ball.

Not getting into the one year wonder discussion, but you can say "last 20 games", I need to point out that he has only played 22 games over the last 3 years. You can be the biggest game changer ever, but if you are not on the field, it doesn't matter.
People said the same thing about Dunlap before we signed him long term and it's worked out fine. I am not going to say his injuries are not a concern but at the same time he is a guy that  makes our offense go and their are not many guys in the league that are capable of doing what he is capable of doing.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Well, he has to face the Steelers twice a year. They fear him. You can tell that by how hard they try to take him out. Has he ever played the week after a Steelers game? They will continue this. On that, you can rely.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Considering he continues to get injured, very well could be. He's been on the injury report 22 times. 2 were injured reserves. 7 he was listed as out. 4 were doubtful. http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/tyler-eifert-player-injuries

He disloacted his elbow and missed 2014.

Ankle injury that kept him out for most of the year last year, then had a back injury. He had to get surgeries for both.

He had back issues all year, which is what kept him out of games and practices.

Multiple concussion issues.

13 of those 18 TDs came in 2015. He had 5 last year.

Outside of 2015, Eifert has 7 TDs in his other 24 games.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals daft Howard, DE, Mixon, Oline

They would have the most absurd offense ever

Boyd. Mixon. Gio. Hill. AJ green. Boyd. Eifert. Howard.

Andy would just have no time.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 07:14 PM)J24 Wrote: Should be but most players don't consider it career threatening.

Chris Borland did.

Jordan Shipley did.

Ben Utecht did.

Husain Abdullah did.

AJ Tarpley did.

Adrian Coxson did.

Concussions are a big thing anymore. And younger players that experience a lot are going to continue to retire. It's becoming more and more common.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 07:27 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Considering he continues to get injured, very well could be. He's been on the injury report 22 times. 2 were injured reserves. 7 he was listed as out. 4 were doubtful. http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/tyler-eifert-player-injuries

He disloacted his elbow and missed 2014.

Ankle injury that kept him out for most of the year last year, then had a back injury. He had to get surgeries for both.

He had back issues all year, which is what kept him out of games and practices.

Multiple concussion issues.

13 of those 18 TDs came in 2015. He had 5 last year.

Outside of 2015, Eifert has 7 TDs in his other 24 games.

I think some of the blame can be on losing Hue.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 07:22 PM)J24 Wrote: People said the same thing about Dunlap before we signed him long term and it's worked out fine. I am not going to say his injuries are not a concern but at the same time he is a guy that  makes our offense go and their are not many guys in the league that are capable of doing what he is capable of doing.  

I have no idea what you're referring to in response to my post. None of it seems to have anything to do with Dunlap. I talked about Bob Sanders, about LaFell not being a 1,000 yard WR, and Eifert being hurt a lot.

Not to mention the only thing I could recall people saying about Dunlap in the past is "they need to cut that freaking useless Geathers and start Dunlap".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Can't see the Bengals paying that much for Eifert, or Eifert commanding anywhere near that much on the open market. If I had to guess, assuming that Eifert can last an entire season injury free, and perform as he has shown he can, Bengals offer 3 years 21M with a portion of that being conditional.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can't see the Bengals paying that much for Eifert, or Eifert commanding anywhere near that much on the open market.  If I had to guess, assuming that Eifert can last an entire season injury free, and perform as he has shown he can, Bengals offer 3 years 21M with a portion of that being conditional.

I think if they are dumb enough to let Eifert hit the open market he is going to get paid to the tune of second to Gronk. 

Our offense needs that pass catching TE to operate properly in the red zone. And I don't trust Howard to be drafted and then be that player - anytime collegiate sources question whether a player truly has the desire to play football my red flag goes up.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 09:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think if they are dumb enough to let Eifert hit the open market he is going to get paid to the tune of second to Gronk. 

Our offense needs that pass catching TE to operate properly in the red zone. And I don't trust Howard to be drafted and then be that player - anytime collegiate sources question whether a player truly has the desire to play football my red flag goes up.

Well, Eifert needs to prove that his body can withstand an entire season, let alone extra games en route to a titile run.

Sure, our offense needs a pass catching weapon at TE, every team does.  However, college is starting to grow them on trees. (so to speak) as much as I like Eifert, he's most certainly not irreplaceable.  Hope is never comes to that, I still have hopes of him setting team records.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah as it is about being clutch and playing through injury if you want to be elite.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
Whatever happened to kroft?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Eifert has had some tremendously bad luck. He's also had the Steelers head hunting and knee hunting on him too. I honestly fear for his safety against them, with Mitchell back there trying to end careers.

Sometimes a player goes through a few seasons of this and then it goes away. Sometimes, it never goes away and the player is forced to. There are plenty of examples on both sides of that. This should be a key season in his career. If he goes through another injury riddled season again, maybe nobody offers him big money.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 10:32 PM)Storer50 Wrote: Whatever happened to kroft?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Good question.  Seems like he was banged up a lot, which was odd, since he never seemed to play.  A TE's existence is fraught with peril.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 10:32 PM)Storer50 Wrote: Whatever happened to kroft?

We we wondering if he could step up and be the next Eifert and he did so by letting a "totally no big deal" knee injury he had in August plague him for months on end.
Reply/Quote
Eifert is one of my favorite if not the favorite Bengal. But so far his career is eerily similar to Jordan Camron. Hope he stays healthy so he can dominate like we all know he can.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 09:14 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Yeah as it is about being clutch and playing through injury if you want to be elite.

Many might bring up Gronkowski having an injury problem as well, so he's a fun fact.

Gronkowski has missed 10 games the last 3 seasons. 10.

Eifert has missed 26 games the last 3 seasons. I'm cutting Eifert some slack since he missed a game his rookie year as well.

Eifert has missed more games the last 3 seasons (26) than Gronkowski has his entire career (24).

And Gronk has played 7 seasons.

Reply/Quote