• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53 Man Roster Prediction
It's time for the way too early 53 man roster predictions

QB -2- Dalton, AJMC
FB -1- Hewitt
RB -4- Gio, Hill, Burkhead, Peerman
WR -6- AJ, LaFell, Boyd, Alford, Tate, Core
TE -3- Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
OL -9- Whit, Boling, Bodine, Zeitler, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Westerman, Johnson, Winston

DT -5- Atkins, Peko, Sims, Billings, Hardison
DE -4- Dunlap, MJ, Hunt, Clarke
LB -6- Dansby, Maualuga, Vrey, Dawson, Vigil, Flowers
CB -6- Pickman, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, WJ3, Shaw, Lewis Harris
S -4- Iloka, Williams, Derron Smith, Fejedelem

STs -3- Nugent, Huber, Harris

Suspended - Burfict, Mays
PUP Brandon Thompson
Reply/Quote
Sounds about right.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I sure hope James Wright makes it over Tate.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 04:03 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I sure hope James Wright makes it over Tate.

Or Kumerow
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking they might move Shaw to S with the drafting of WJ3.
Reply/Quote
Looks accurate-I just hope we can hide DeShawn Williams on the PS again.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 03:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It's time for the way too early 53 man roster predictions

QB -2- Dalton, AJMC
FB -1- Hewitt
OL -9- Whit, Boling, Bodine, Zeitler, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Westerman, Johnson, Winston

PUP Brandon Thompson

I'll be surprised if Core and Fejedelem make the roster. Fej is expected to be ST, and there's already a spot or two occupied for that.
Reply/Quote
There will be one or two surprises, always is, perhaps a UDFA that makes it. One thing that stands out to me is the depth at DE. I really wish we had nabbed an FA, because if they play like last season Hunt and Clarke is a huge drop off from Dunlap and MJ. I could see us missing what Gilberry brought to the table.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 05:21 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: There will be one or two surprises, always is, perhaps a UDFA that makes it. One thing that stands out to me is the depth at DE. I really wish we had nabbed an FA, because if they play like last season Hunt and Clarke is a huge drop off from Dunlap and MJ. I could see us missing what Gilberry brought to the table.

I think our UDFA surprise could be Ryan Brown. He's a DE from Miss State. He's got a shot since we did nothing to get better in the DE department.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 03:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It's time for the way too early 53 man roster predictions

QB -2- Dalton, McCarron
FB -1- Hewitt
WR -6- AJ, LaFell, Boyd, Alford, Tate Wright, Core (Stash Kumerow on PS)

DT -5- Atkins, Peko, Sims, Billings, Williams
DE -4- Dunlap, MJ, Hunt Hardison, Clarke
LB -6- Dansby, Maualuga, Rey, Dawson, Vigil, Flowers
S -4- Iloka, Williams, Smith, Fejedelem

PUP Brandon Thompson

Adjustments.
Reply/Quote

QB -2- Dalton, AJMC
FB -1- Hewitt

PUP Brandon Thompson
Looks pretty solid. I do agree about Shaw moving to S and Fejedelem on the PS. DE is definitely the weak spot on this team. Lets hope they find a steal UDFA.
Reply/Quote
This year is going to be tough for the team.  The suspensions of Burfict and Mays along with the likely PUP-listing of Brandon Thompson and James Wright mean that the starting roster may look nothing like the way it will end up come October.

Last year we had two NT in Sims and Peko, two 3T in Atkins and Thompson, and Hardison as the swing guy (who didn't play).  The addition of Billings and PUPing of Thompson means that we have to make a decision between carrying 3 nose tackles or cutting Sims - and if the team thinks this is Peko's last year we may want to keep Sims in house ready for a Sims/Billings lineup next year.  Atkins is great, but he needs someone to spell him and this could mean the promotion of DeShawn Williams to the lineup.  Of course, that has a resulting effect on the rest of the roster - could we go with only 3 DEs or do we go light elsewhere?

On the OL, we now find ourselves with too many guards and not enough quality centres.  If Boling is the backup centre, and Westerman and/or Winston are in a position to backup at guard, do we go light here and cut TJ Johnson?

Meanwhile, at LB we have 2 locks in Maualuga and Dansby, two recent high draft picks with potential in Dawson and Vigil, a proven backup in Rey and someone who was showing promise before getting injured in Flowers.  Can we afford to carry 7 when Burfict comes back?  If not, is Flowers the likely candidate for the cut?

My thoughts right now are that we start the season like this:

QB (2) Dalton, AJMC
FB (1) Hewitt
RB (4) Bernard, Hill, Burkhead, Peerman
WR (5) Green, LaFell, Boyd, Alford, Tate
TE (3) Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
OL (9) Whitworth, Boling, Bodine, Zeitler, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Westerman, Johnson, Winston

DT (6) Atkins, Peko, Sims, Billings, Hardison, Williams
DE (4) Dunlap, MJ, Hunt, Clarke
LB (6) Dansby, Maualuga, Rey, Dawson, Vigil, Flowers
CB (6) Jones, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Jackson, Shaw, Lewis-Harris
S (4) Iloka, Williams, Smith, Fejedelem

ST (3) Nugent, Huber, Harris

Suspended (2) Burfict (replaces Flowers), Mays (replaces Fejedelem)
PUP (2) Thompson (released), Wright (replaces TJ Johnson)
Reply/Quote
I keep seeing Hardison listed as a DE. The guy weighed in at 315 lbs last year which is heavier than Billings. A DE weighing more than a NT seems strange, especially in a 4-3. The only thing that I can think of that was similar in the past few years was Todd Bowles's last season in Arizona when he was forced into starting 4 DTs. The guy will have to move like a gazelle if he wants to fill that Gilberry role as a pass rusher. On the plus side, I would not want to try to run on this team's goal line package.
Reply/Quote
Quote:WR -6- AJ, LaFell, Boyd, Alford, Tate Wright, Core (Stash Kumerow on PS)

why would we stash a 2nd year player who showed promise last year on the practise squad instead of a rookie 6th round pick who needs lots of practice on running routes. Unless he does something miraculous Core won't make the 53

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:54 PM)pally Wrote: why would we stash a 2nd year player who showed promise last year on the practise squad instead of a rookie 6th round pick who needs lots of practice on running routes.   Unless he does something miraculous Core won't make the 53

Why would you risk losing a player you just invested one of 7 draft picks on for one you signed undrafted? And the bengals value Core because they had him rated as a 4th rounder so I would be surprised if they make him available to other teams 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:54 PM)pally Wrote: why would we stash a 2nd year player who showed promise last year on the practise squad instead of a rookie 6th round pick who needs lots of practice on running routes.   Unless he does something miraculous Core won't make the 53

Core is making this team.   Based on what they said on bengals booth podcast.   Urban is high on Core.. Like marvin jones 
Reply/Quote

We know how good Kumerow is...the rest of the league doesn't. With him they just see a PS player who was an UDFA. With Core, he has been scouted and was a draft pick. Kumerow could very well be ahead of Core, but Kumerow will be easier to get through waivers and onto the PS ans stash him there for when inevitable injuries come into play.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Core is making this team.   Based on what they said on bengals booth podcast.   Urban is high on Core.. Like marvin jones 

James Wright had micro fracture surgery and gets PUP'd, then maybe cut. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals may look to upgrade TJ Johnson with a cut player (Khaled Holmes?).
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 06:23 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: This year is going to be tough for the team.  The suspensions of Burfict and Mays along with the likely PUP-listing of Brandon Thompson and James Wright mean that the starting roster may look nothing like the way it will end up come October.

Wonder about Flowers durability. Mau, Dansby, Rey, Burfict and Dawson (depending on his performance in camp) will not play ST's. Vigil will play, but if Flowers can't take the impact to his shoulder while running full boar down field, then I feel he is waived and doesn't make the roster.
Last year we had two NT in Sims and Peko, two 3T in Atkins and Thompson, and Hardison as the swing guy (who didn't play).  The addition of Billings and PUPing of Thompson means that we have to make a decision between carrying 3 nose tackles or cutting Sims - and if the team thinks this is Peko's last year we may want to keep Sims in house ready for a Sims/Billings lineup next year.  Atkins is great, but he needs someone to spell him and this could mean the promotion of DeShawn Williams to the lineup.  Of course, that has a resulting effect on the rest of the roster - could we go with only 3 DEs or do we go light elsewhere?

On the OL, we now find ourselves with too many guards and not enough quality centres.  If Boling is the backup centre, and Westerman and/or Winston are in a position to backup at guard, do we go light here and cut TJ Johnson?

Meanwhile, at LB we have 2 locks in Maualuga and Dansby, two recent high draft picks with potential in Dawson and Vigil, a proven backup in Rey and someone who was showing promise before getting injured in Flowers.  Can we afford to carry 7 when Burfict comes back?  If not, is Flowers the likely candidate for the cut?

My thoughts right now are that we start the season like this:

QB (2) Dalton, AJMC
FB (1) Hewitt
RB (4) Bernard, Hill, Burkhead, Peerman
WR (5) Green, LaFell, Boyd, Alford, Tate
TE (3) Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
OL (9) Whitworth, Boling, Bodine, Zeitler, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Westerman, Johnson, Winston

DT (6) Atkins, Peko, Sims, Billings, Hardison, Williams
DE (4) Dunlap, MJ, Hunt, Clarke
LB (6) Dansby, Maualuga, Rey, Dawson, Vigil, Flowers
CB (6) Jones, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Jackson, Shaw, Lewis-Harris
S (4) Iloka, Williams, Smith, Fejedelem

ST (3) Nugent, Huber, Harris

Suspended (2) Burfict (replaces Flowers), Mays (replaces Fejedelem)
PUP (2) Thompson (released), Wright (replaces TJ Johnson)
Reply/Quote