Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53 Predictions
(08-28-2023, 10:42 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: QB (3) Burrow/Browning/Siemian
RB (4) Mixon/Brown/Williams/Evans
WR (6) Chase/Tee/Boyd/Jones/Irvin/Iosivas/
TE (4) Smith/Hudson/Sample/Wilcox
OL (8) Brown/Volson/Karras/Cappa/Williams/Hill/Scharpling/Carman
DL (10) Hendrickson/Hubbard/Reader/Hill/Murphy/Tupou/Ossai/Sample/Carter/Johnson
LB (5) Wilson/Pratt/ADJ/Bachie/Bailey
CB (6) Awouzie/CTB/Turner/Hilton/Ivey/Davis
S (4) Battle/Hill/Scott/Anderson
ST (3) McPherson, Robbins, Adomitis
PUP Collins
Flex Stanley Morgan
If I’m reading it right to utilize the new 3 QB rule a third QB must be on the roster. He can be inactive for the game but go to the game but if injury activated. That would allow Morgan to be on the roster on Gameday.
But the 3rd QB counts against the 53. If you keep a 3rd QB you don't have room for Morgan. I personally think they only go 2 QBs and keep one on the PS. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
QB: Burrow/Browning (2)
RB: Mixon/Williams/Brown/Evans (4)
WR: Chase/Higgins/Boyd/Irwin/Jones/Isoivas (6)
TE: Smith/Sample/Hudson/Wilcox (4)
OL: Brown/Volson/Karras/Cappa/Williams/Scharping/Carman/Adeniji/Hill(9)
DT: Reader/Hill/Carter/Tupou/Tufele (5)
DE: Hendrickson/Hubbard/Murphy/Sample/Ossai (5)
LB: Pratt/Wilson/ADG/Bailey/Bachie (5)
CB: Awuzie/CTB/Hilton/Turner/Ivey/Davis (6)
S: Hill/Scott/Battle/Anderson(4)
K- McPherson
Punter: Robbins
LS: Cam
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
QB-Burrow, Browning
RB-Mixon, Williams, Brown, Saylor
WR-Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Jones, Iosivas, Morgan
TE-Smith, Sample, Wilcox, Hudson
T-Brown, Williams, Carman, Waiver Claim
G-Volson, Cappa, Hill
C-Karras, Waiver Claim
Edge-Hendrickson, Hubbard, Murphy, Ossai, Sample, Johnson
DT-Reader, Hill, Carter, Tufele
LB-Wilson, Pratt, Davis-Gaither, Bailey, Batchie
CB-Awuzie, Taylor-Britt, Hilton, Turner, Ivey, Davis
S-Hill, Scott, Battle, Anderson
K-Money
P-Robbins
LS-Adomitis

Thoughts - I can't see keeping 4 tackles with Collins PUP'd (I think we can have a swing tackle, and hope/wish/pray we can make it to week 4 without anyone going down.

I also think we should keep an eye out for Oline help via the waiver.

I am ready to go young at wideout.

I also think with Reader going into his last year, we are going to need to keep a potential replacement plan and Tupou while has been good, isn't the future.

Trade options - Carman, Tupou, Sharping, Jones, Irwin, Morgan, Evans.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I got the dreaded brothers named Sydney from Seattle confused. Fixed. I have Ossai making the 53 and then being replaced by RG3

You're definitely not making the team. 

do you mean Raymond Johnson III?

He won't be cut if they want to bring him back.  He is not a vested veteran which makes him subject to waivers.  In a bring-back scenario, you cut a player you know can't or won't be signed elsewhere...usually a trusted veteran.  So for example, to IR Ossai and keep Johnson, they release Sam Hubbard, then place Ossai on IR, and re-sign Hubbard

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But the 3rd QB counts against the 53. If you keep a 3rd QB you don't have room for Morgan. I personally think they only go 2 QBs and keep one on the PS. 

Except Morgan passes waivers and Siemian May not. Imo
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:16 AM)pally Wrote: do you mean Raymond Johnson III?

He won't be cut if they want to bring him back.  He is not a vested veteran which makes him subject to waivers.  In a bring-back scenario, you cut a player you know can't or won't be signed elsewhere...usually a trusted veteran.  So for example, to IR Ossai and keep Johnson, they release Sam Hubbard, then place Ossai on IR, and re-sign Hubbard

Nope, I think we see what RG3 has left in the gas tank at DL......OK, I meant RJ3

I don't think they've ever cut such a player as Hubbard to make that type of move. 

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:18 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Except Morgan passes waivers and Siemian May not. Imo. Both available on Gameday

How would Morgan be available on Gameday if not on the 53? 

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, I think we see what RG3 has left in the gas tank at DL......OK, I meant RJ3

I don't think they've ever cut such a player as Hubbard to make that type of move. 

I just used Hubbard as an example of a trusted vested veteran who could be released in a bring-back scenario.  I wasn't intending to imply that is the actual move under consideration

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:40 AM)pally Wrote: I just used Hubbard as an example of a trusted vested veteran who could be released in a bring-back scenario.  I wasn't intending to imply that is the actual move under consideration

If I were to pick a veteran that could be cut brought back and they could give a little bonus to is Josh Tupou. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It may seems obvious, but here are the "controversial" decisions from all the projections that I've read:

Pick 7 of these 11 (unless we sign someone else).  The rest falls out.
  1. Tufele 
  2. Johnson III
  3. T. Williams
  4. Evans
  5. Hudson
  6. Wilcox
  7. Scharping
  8. Ford
  9. Hill
  10. D. Smith
  11. Adeniji.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:50 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: It may seems obvious, but here are the "controversial" decisions from all the projections that I've read:

1. Tufele 
  2. Johnson III
  3. T. Williams
  4. Evans
  5. Hudson
  6. Wilcox
  7. Scharping
  8. Ford
  9. Hill
  10. D. Smith
  11. Adeniji.

I don't think Scharping or Smith are controversial.  Both have made the team.  The only concern is if Smith injured his shoulder enough to go on IR on Wed

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:53 AM)pally Wrote: I don't think Scharping or Smith are controversial.  Both have made the team.  The only concern is if Smith injured his shoulder enough to go on IR on Wed

I tend to agree but I put them on the list because there are posts in this thread that left them off the final 53.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How would Morgan be available on Gameday if not on the 53? 

New 3 QB rule. Allows 54 to be available but the 54th can’t be activated unless injury. So Gameday Morgan moves up to active
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 12:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: New 3 QB rule. Allows 54 to be available but the 54th can’t be activated unless injury. So Gameday Morgan moves up to active

One of us is not reading the rule correctly. 

Reply/Quote
QB: Burrow/Browning (2)
RB: Mixon/Williams/Evans/Brown (4)
WR: Chase/Higgins/Boyd/Irwin/Jones/Isoivas/Morgan (7)
TE: Smith/Sample/Wilcox (3)
OL: Brown/Volson/Karras/Cappa/Williams/Scharping/Carman/Adeniji/Hill(9)
DT: Reader/Hill/Carter/Tupou/Tufele (5)
DE: Hendrickson/Hubbard/Murphy/Sample/Ossai (5)
LB: Pratt/Wilson/ADG/Bailey/Bachie (5)
CB: Awuzie/CTB/Hilton/Turner/Ivey/Davis (6)
S: Hill/Scott/Battle/Anderson(4)
K- McPherson
Punter: Robbins
LS: Cam

NOTES: Not expert on the rules but I believe cut Adeniji when they add a Lineman from the cuts..
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One of us is not reading the rule correctly. 

I’ve read it about 9 times lol

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 12:53 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve read it about 9 times lol

The new rule allows you to activate a QB on game day that does not count against the 46.  The QB must be on the 53 roster though.

"The NFL’s new bylaw specifies that the third emergency quarterback must be on the 53-man roster — and not just on the practice squad. If that quarterback is designated for emergency duty, he won’t count against the 46-man game day total."
https://theathletic.com/4541890/2023/05/22/nfl-third-quarterback-rule/
Reply/Quote
I also would like for Raymond Johnson III to make the team as the last End. I like the way this guy rushes the passer.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 01:08 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: The new rule allows you to activate a QB on game day that does not count against the 46.  The QB must be on the 53 roster though.

"The NFL’s new bylaw specifies that the third emergency quarterback must be on the 53-man roster — and not just on the practice squad. If that quarterback is designated for emergency duty, he won’t count against the 46-man game day total."
https://theathletic.com/4541890/2023/05/22/nfl-third-quarterback-rule/

Yep, given I've only read it once. 

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:50 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: It may seems obvious, but here are the "controversial" decisions from all the projections that I've read:

1. Tufele 
  2. Johnson III
  3. T. Williams
  4. Evans
  5. Hudson
  6. Wilcox
  7. Scharping
  8. Ford
  9. Hill
  10. D. Smith
  11. Adeniji.

Who I would want:
Hudson
Scharping
Hill
Williams
Evans
Tufele (can play both DT spots and the DTs seem to get hurt a lot)
I hate all the backup OTs, but I guess I'd go with...Adeniji because he offers most versatility?

Bye to:
Wilcox (although I personally like him over Sample)
Ford (thought he would have done better than he has)
Smith (just nothing there as a run blocker)
Johnson III (do they really need a 6th DE?)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote