Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6-0 at the Bye Week Break
(10-18-2015, 06:56 PM)kevin Wrote: but my brother said when Bengals were 3-0 that Bengals now play Kansas City, Seattle and Buffalo and those could be losses, as if beating Raiders, Chargers and Ravens was nothing......and Bengals are now 6-0.....and Super Bowl Bound, We have the D Line and O Line and more and more Dalton now in his 5th year is looking like a veteran such as Bart Starr or Len Dawson type. This is no longer the Dalton out of college trying to learn the NFL. He's a veteran and he's got it going now. 

When the schedule came out, I looked at the Ravens, Chiefs, Seahawks, Bills, Steelers as the toughest 5 game stretch of the season. We have won 4 of those 5 already....more than I could have hoped for. The darn steelers won't go away though. I have to give them credit for winning while ben was gone. I think we get a loss in pittsburgh since ben will be back, our D has been off and on, and we are not good coming off bye weeks. But even if we go 5-5 after the bye, we will still fininsh 11-5. I hope that would be good enough to win the division.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Just hope this team is truly different, Marvin lewis teams are 5-6 after the bye.

Bengals are 4-7-1 under Marv, but they started out 1-4-1.

3-3 in the last 6.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: When the schedule came out, I looked at the Ravens, Chiefs, Seahawks, Bills, Steelers as the toughest 5 game stretch of the season. We have won 4 of those 5 already....more than I could have hoped for. The darn steelers won't go away though. I have to give them credit for winning while ben was gone. I think we get a loss in pittsburgh since ben will be back, our D has been off and on, and we are not good coming off bye weeks. But even if we go 5-5 after the bye, we will still fininsh 11-5. I hope that would be good enough to win the division.

This team isn't going any 5-5 after starting 6-0....The Bengals are a heck of a lot better than you think, and the back to back Super Bowl Seahawks will agree to that. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: When the schedule came out, I looked at the Ravens, Chiefs, Seahawks, Bills, Steelers as the toughest 5 game stretch of the season. We have won 4 of those 5 already....more than I could have hoped for. The darn steelers won't go away though. I have to give them credit for winning while ben was gone. I think we get a loss in pittsburgh since ben will be back, our D has been off and on, and we are not good coming off bye weeks. But even if we go 5-5 after the bye, we will still fininsh 11-5. I hope that would be good enough to win the division.

Stop it!! I must have my 13 win season this year! I've seen the 12 win seasons. I need to see a 13+ win season before i check out.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
you will not have your 13 win season, you will have 19
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: you will not have your 13 win season, you will have 19

Who Dey
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stop it!! I must have my 13 win season this year! I've seen the 12 win seasons. I need to see a 13+ win season before i check out.

how scary does arizona look now? i'm calling an undefeated regular season. (pending ev1 stays healthy) there's no stopping this team, it succeeds despite the coaching ( line coaches te coaches etc....) this team is a shining example of winning despite small coaching. kc royals operate in almost exactly this same manner.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:21 PM)kevin Wrote: Well, we have that great D Line and we knew it, and we knew we had pretty good DB's. The LB's have stepped up, thanks to Hawk joining. We knew we had a good O Line and we knew we had all these RB's and WR's and TE.....We knew we had Huber and Nugent which is solid....We knew Dalton had taken us to 4 play-off seasons in 4 years, and now in his 5th year he is playing like an old veteran now of 74 straight starts in regular season and play-offs.  So I'm not all that surprised. ...

.....and no, Steelers are not going to light us up. Nobody has lighted up the Bengals D so far and our D will get even better going into the Super Bowl. ...I see it took little time for Steeler fans to pop up. I don't care, they aren't going to ruin the 6-0 start or the bye week, buy week as they call it.  I'll just enjoy the next 2 weeks until Bengals slap down the Steelers and go 7-0...Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap are for real and add in the rest of the best D Line going in the NFL, these guys are Super Bowl Bound. 

Well, I'm surpised at how you turned my saying how great and unexpected it was to be 6-0, such a completely innocuous thing to say, into a freakin' lecture. Anything can happen in an NFL season, as last season showed us, so no, I didn't expect a 6-0 start. I'm not alone in that, far from it. So lighten up, Francis, and let's just enjoy the win today and this team's good fortune to this point.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: you will not have your 13 win season, you will have 19

Well, i was just talking about the regular season.  Wink

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:43 PM)WildCat Wrote: how scary does arizona look now? i'm calling an undefeated regular season. (pending ev1 stays healthy) there's no stopping this team, it succeeds despite the coaching ( line coaches te coaches etc....) this team is a shining example of winning despite small coaching. kc royals operate in almost exactly this same manner.

One of my teams went undefeated last year...until the final 4.  :angry: 

I'm just going to continue to enjoy this week to week. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 08:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, I'm surpised at how you turned my saying how great and unexpected it was to be 6-0, such a completely innocuous thing to say,  into a freakin' lecture.  Anything can happen in an NFL season, as last season showed us, so no, I didn't expect a 6-0 start.  I'm not alone in that, far from it.  So lighten up, Francis, and let's just enjoy the win today and this team's good fortune to this point.

It wasn't aimed at you.....but aimed at all the people that rolled on here talking Steelers, and after Bengals starting 6-0. The Steelers aren't 6-0, that's for sure....The Steelers people on here are going to find out the Bengals are no flash in the pan and are a heck of a good team as in 1988 starting 6-0.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 08:34 PM)kevin Wrote: It wasn't aimed at you.....but aimed at all the people that rolled on here talking Steelers, and after Bengals starting 6-0. The Steelers aren't 6-0, that's for sure. 

True, but it's still a two team race. Steelers go down to their 3rd team scrub QB and still manage to find a way to win. We just have to keep the pedal to the medal, because they are going to be on our asses all the way to January.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Carson threw for 471 yards on Pitt. Andy could match that. If it turns into a shoot out I am confident that we could stay with them. Pitt lost their starting left tackle today...they don't have a lot of depth on O-line so it will be interesting to what moves they make this week.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He threw for 421, and only put up 13 points, lol.

Rivers is throwing for  500 yards passing and only has 20 points, 60+ attempts so far. Knocking on the door.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Agreed. If Ben is back that game, I'm predicting a loss for 2 reasons: 1) Our defense has some issues especially stopping the run and 2) the Bengals are not a good team in the first game after the bye under Marvin Lewis.

Whatever the reasons are we have to win that game.  A win over Pittsburgh makes the statement that we are for real. Hopefully Burfict will be back.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey? Noooooobody! (yet)
Reply/Quote
Holy fudge our offense is good. Dalton is playing like a top 3 QB in the league right now. The only thing that really has me worried is our defense.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
6-0??????? Boom!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 09:04 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Holy fudge our offense is good. Dalton is playing like a top 3 QB in the league right now. The only thing that really has me worried is our defense.

and I think our defense will be our strength going into the Super Bowl, because our Front Four is awesome with Atkins and Dunlap and the others. We have future Pro Bowlers on that D Line, it's just early in their careers. The Super Bowl will help get them to Canton, it is their destiny. .....This team will go 5 straight play-off seasons, and the young players from 2011 on are now ready, The Super Bowl is their destiny, it will not be denied. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not to mention our pass D has been atrocious.  Brown and Bryant are going to light us up.

It's all going to be on our offenses shoulders to put up points every drive.

Will Kirkpatrick ever learn to defend against the pass???? Sad
Reply/Quote