Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6-0 at the Bye Week Break
It's gonna come down to whether or not our offense can score more than the Steelers offense. The defense has me concerned, if I'm being honest.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
^^^THIS
Reply/Quote
Beat Pittsburgh to go 7-0 which would be the best start ever for the Bengals and it will match the longest winning streak ever as well.

Now picture this, after the Pittsburgh game, the Bengals play Cleveland at home on Thursday night then the Texans at home on Monday night.

Get past Pittsburgh and the Bengals could be 9-0 headed to Arizona to play the Cardinals.

Get a win in Arizona and the Bengals could go undefeated this year. While I doubt that happens, it's fun to think about.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 09:29 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's gonna come down to whether or not our offense can score more than the Steelers offense.  The defense has me concerned, if I'm being honest.

Yes.  That defense looks average but I like what Geno and Los are doing.  Can Burfict be the catalyst in the back seven we need?  Could be the difference in a title run I think.  The offense is a juggernaut and the defense don't suck.  That might be enough but not so sure.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Agreed. If Ben is back that game, I'm predicting a loss for 2 reasons: 1) Our defense has some issues especially stopping the run and 2) the Bengals are not a good team in the first game after the bye under Marvin Lewis.

If Ben is out for the game, I'll predict a win against a Mike Vick or Landry Jones led team.

If Ben plays in the game, I'll predict a win against a Ben Roethlisberger led team.

**** Pittsburgh...they are not in the Bengals class regardless of who their quarterback is.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's like playing with house money. If you told me we would be 4-2 at the bye week I would have been content. Not ecstatic like I am now, but content. We will drop a couple games eventually, 99% of even the greatest teams do, but I don't see this team going on a slide, it's simply that good. As long as Dalton keeps it up, the sky is the limit.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 10:50 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Beat Pittsburgh to go 7-0 which would be the best start ever for the Bengals and it will match the longest winning streak ever as well.

We will also have an insurmountable 3 game lead.  For the second half of the season we will be playing for post season positioning. 
Reply/Quote
This team has no reason to let up. Denver and NE are still right on our butts, and any slip up could cost us later. The number 1 seed is super important, because you can't trust the shenanigans of going to New England in playoff season. This team still has a ton to play for, and beating Pittsburgh does not seem like a huge hurdle after watching six weeks of these guys tearing it up on O.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 03:07 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This team has no reason to let up. Denver and NE are still right on our butts, and any slip up could cost us later. The number 1 seed is super important, because you can't trust the shenanigans of going to New England in playoff season. This team still has a ton to play for, and beating Pittsburgh does not seem like a huge hurdle after watching six weeks of these guys tearing it up on O.

We also can't let up because here in the second half of the season, the officiating might be a little suspect, with murmurings of the head office wanting a Patriots/Packers 50th Super Bowl
Reply/Quote
It is so awesome to be 6-0 heading into the bye week. We are on such a roll, I wish we didn't have the bye week so that we could keep rolling. I just hope we can come out even better after the bye and that we haven't lost any momentum. I really hope the defense learns how to tackle in these two weeks before the Stoolers game.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Too bad this Bengals O couldn't be paired with the D of some time ago. Defense wins championships, as they say, but lately it seem only high powered offenses even make the playoffs. Then again Seattle went to the bowl twice with a just good enough offense.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Will the bengals steelers get flexed to a 4:00 start? Currently they have jets and raiders or boys and Hawks for afternoon slot. I could see nfk sticking with boys and Hawks or moving back the steelers bengals. If steelers win and go to 4-2 and get Ben back I think they move it. I also think his mobility will be limited and he will be timid with his knee and new LT. But this would be like 3 prime time games I a row so the bengals could get that monkey off their back.

FYI- no way bengals get flexed to SNF as that is packers Broncos.
Reply/Quote
What a great start to a season, 6-0 is just flat out awesome!!

I was on the "hater" side of the AD debate before, and for a number of reasons, let me just say his play has elevated at an unprecedented rate. The biggest reason for this level of QB play is the way he rapidly scans the field then makes the correct decision with the ball (having Eifert and MLJ back helps this too), and many felt scanning the field was one of his big weaknesses in years past. It still remains to be seen if he can overcome what many believe is his biggest weakness; will his mentality/level of play once again decline in big night time primetime games and the playoffs. If AD keeps up this fantastic play there is a great chance to beat those ghosts of the past, and be very good for a very long time!

I think one big misconception about Dalton "haters" is we didn't want him to be great, WRONG, we all want him to be great! This is just simply due to the fact that some people are REALIST and not blindly delusional regarding facts about something in which they are a fan. Ex: I love beer I am a huge fan, crafts and special brews, but I am under no delusion that it is good for my health.

Which leads me to the Realist view of our current 6-0 Bengals, it appears things are lining up for this to be a special season, and I pray to the good Lord that Paulie G's defense does not screw this up for this team, fans, and city!

Watching the games one gets a sense that the defense plays without full effort at many points of the games, they try and strip the football first instead of tackle (which never works!), and the secondary, especially Dre K, are the biggest liability to the special run this team can make. The Bengals are currently ranked 20th in YPG defense:

20 Cincinnati Bengals 6 20.3 122 381 370.7 5.8 19.3 31 81 38 5 8 62 51 463 30:50 6 4

I frequently hear they are a "bend, but don't break" defense, but they are ranked 25th in points per game allowed:

25 Cincinnati Bengals 6 20.3 122 381 370.7 5.8 19.3 31 81 38 5 8 62 51 463 30:50 6 4

This is the Cincinnati Bengals biggest challenge to keep up the great season! What do you guys think? Can this defense fair well in the playoffs against teams like the Patriots or Stoolers who have potent offenses? Not trying to ruin the well deserved great mood of the fanbase, its just a REALISTS perspective knowing this is a 16 game season with hopefully 3 more playoff games!!

Let's Roar! Keep it Up! D Step it Up! Who Dey!!! Who Dey
Reply/Quote
still being pessimistic about it..still long way to go.  I enjoy each Sunday and celebrate like the rest, but realize that this is just small compared to what this team is capable with a fully healthy roster.

Dalton is playing consistently confident football..and I love to see this.  Gio/Hill still haven't hit their peak yet, the Oline is STOUT!  Receiving core is fantastic, any given sunday (sorry fantasy football people, probably wouldn't pick up any of our guys and that's a GREAT thing).. our defense is still a work in progress, they get better throughout the game.  Still wish we would tighten down and form tackle like you should be. 

ST is playing great as well.  Nuge will never be considered an all time great, but hes playing consistent football.. Huber is Huber.  Jones is fantastic in return game.  Tate isn't bad in spurts.

Coaching is doing a great job with a relatively healthy roster.

I just hope we keep growing and avoid all major injuries and keep pushing towards that door.

enjoy the week off Bengals and the WhoDey nation.
Reply/Quote
I am seriously amazed how many people are already calling for a Bengals loss at Pittsburgh... this team is 6-0, and playing unbelievable football right now. The only game that has really been even close was Seattle, and the team came back to win in amazing fashion.

Have some faith people! Yes, it will most likely be a tough game, but this Bengals team is REALLY good. And not only are they really good, they are also much healthier than Pittsburgh. It will be a fight, but Cincinnati gets back on that plane at 7-0.
Reply/Quote
One thing I'd like to see from us against Pittsburgh (besides a win) is for us to actually take advantage of an injured Steelers team. It always seems that the Steelers limp into a game with a major injury or two. We talk about exploiting that matchup and then nothing happens. Ben is injured and they lost their starting LT. Our DL should make big plays, but will they? Hopefully Guenther also watched film from last year and learned how to defend that sweep to the left.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:48 PM)Utts Wrote: Beating Pissburgh would more or less guarantee us a division title in my mind. It's going to be the toughest game yet, for sure.

True, Pitt will be our toughest game this year so far.

I think we can win with our Offense but it will be a close one. Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell will give us lots of trouble.

The only concern i have had this year is our inability to tackle in the open field.

These guys are our kryptonite.
Reply/Quote
The funny part is everyone talks about how it's Dalton's fault they lose in the playoffs/etc. This year, if we lose, I'm pretty sure it's going to be on the Defense's shoulders if they don't improve.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maintain focus, get Burfict back, and keep Ben under pressure = Bengals Victory!
Reply/Quote
Bye week blues...

I'm happy they have a break before Pitt but I really want to see them throttle someone this week. Tiger
Reply/Quote