Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 games in, what is your single favorite play so far.?t
I wanna give some love to the Tyler Boyd TD against Pittsburgh. I think he set the tone for that game…

I like watching this play more after hearing CJs comment about the need to do push-ups in front of everybody if the last guy tackles you. But really I like it because it was one of the first plays in a very long time that reminded me of what players on playoff teams would do, willing themselves to the end zone. And now we’ve seen similar plays with uzomah and chase. This effort is part of the culture shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
All four Logan Wilson interceptions are tied for first...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's too obvious, but the Chase TD vs the Ravens is really tough to beat. It seemed like something really shifted for this offense on that play. It was a real time display of a team trying to take away the deep ball getting torched anyway by a player that's yet to reach his potential.

I'd say the second Uzomah TD vs the Jags is second. That scramble and throw was really something to see.

Third would be the Chase bomb vs Minnesota, and for the same reason that some have already mentioned. I heard two radio hosts in a week, one on a national ESPN broadcast, and another from a sports book service on the pregame on my drive to the stadium that day take the team to the woodshed for taking Chase. A large chunk of the national media was having a great time wearing the Bengals and Chase out for his drops and their stupidity in drafting a "shiny new toy". I wonder how the comedians that wrote him off for saying the ball was different and it was causing his problems with drops feel now. People just had a field day with that shit. That first bomb pretty much shattered any narrative that he was "John Ross 2.0" in one fell swoop.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 11:02 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Gotta be the strike to CJ vs the zero blitz that Burrow checked into. A lot are flashier, and they definitely deserve their props, but this play was a sign to me that this team has the mental makeup needed to win these close games. Finally.

Made better by Joe’s mik’d up comment.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Tough choices here. My favorite play was our stop on 4th down in the Ravens game and watching Lamar Jackson take a seat in complete frustration.

I believe it was 4th and 15 and Jackson throws to the WR who drifts out of bounds 3 yards short (doesn't even fight for any yards to get the 1st). Complete give up and no awareness. That's when they know they are done.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
A couple of Carmans pancakes were enjoyable to watch. As was Chases block but I’d go last weekends 82 yarder. Just shook my head and laughed.
Still do.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:40 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I thought this would provide some
Intresting banter.
At 5 and 2, there is no shortage of big time plays from all
3 phases of the game. Big time sacks from the D
Big time deep throws from Burrow.
So far what is your single favorite play from this
Promising start?

Im going to go with JaMarr Chase 82 yd catch and run
Vs the Ravens. That whole play kinda encapsulates
The Bengals effort and culture so far. Never say quit
Desire on that play. And at that point the Ravens knew
They were done

My favorite play has to be the long catch and run on 4th down from Mixon where Chase blew up the safety after SPRINTING downfield to catch up to Mixon.  It was the Lions, yes, but that was such a hustle play....and such a selfless play.  That is the kind of stuff that special teams have and the Bengals have it!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:11 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: All four Logan Wilson interceptions are tied for first...

Careful, now, we don't want to make Kay Adams jealous.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 11:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll pick one on defense as well;

Logan Wilson stuffing Trevor Lawrence on the goal line in the TNF game.

Ogunjobi gets credit here as well on the assist.  Might be the single most important play of the season thus far...
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 11:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: HM to Carman's block on that play; Brandon Williams is 340 pounds and has a SUPER-low centre of gravity.

And gravity was on full display when Carman overpowered him to the ground.  WHUMP!  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Made better by Joe’s mik’d up comment.

Without a doubt!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Vonn Bell destroying punk-ass Schmuster.

I know it was last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 11:22 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Perine’s TD in Baltimore — finalizing the brutalization with an absolute domination of the line of scrimmage and seeing the light leave their eyes.

I'm with this one....watching Carman pancake the one lineman that has made our interior line look like school children for past 6-7 yrs, was just "awesome, totally awesome"....Chase pancake in Detroit was a close second.
Reply/Quote