Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
7 teams started 0-2 the last 2 seasons and still made the playoffs
(09-18-2022, 09:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: pittsburgh and dallas have the kryptonite for an average o-line

elite pass rush. Those really are the 2 best teams in the league when it comes to that

Myles Garret and cleveland arent far behind though. thats one problem

Dallas isn't some elite pass rush. They have Parsons.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:26 PM)samhain Wrote: On paper, they are a relatively healthy team with a ton of talent.

I feel like we are watching them play themselves into game shape during games that actually matter.  That's a sub-optimal plan.  

At some point this season, IMO, they will peak and look like a very good team.  The new o-line will become more cohesive.  it's just a question of how many games they have to lose before that happens.  Time is definitely not on their side.

I don't think we can take any opponent for granted right now.

If that is the case, they basically gave away 2 wins.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The good news is 3 of the 4 teams who started 0-2 and reached the SB won it.  Ninja

bad new, over 75 percent of teams staring 0-2 never get a chance to win the SB
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Relax everything will be fine. We played like shit today and nearly won the game. Yeah they're a lot of issues that need to be fixed but they're not unfixable.

The problem is that 'almost' doesn't count in the standings, but 2 losses to teams you're favored to beat by 6.5 each do. Dropping one of these games would have been something you could brush off. It happens. Losing both, and looking like they did in each, is hard to ignore. Luckily, everyone else in the division lost today, so there is a silver lining to be had. But man, they have to figure this offense out and in a hurry. The Jets have now become a must win game...in week 3. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If that is the case, they basically gave away 2 wins.

I absolutely agree.  That could cost them a lot considering the late season schedule.  Zac is learning a tough lesson in preparing a team right now.  I can't imagine we see another preseason approach like this one next year.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are the first team in the Super Bowl era to lose their first two games of the season on the last play of the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Relax everything will be fine. We played like shit today and nearly won the game. Yeah they're a lot of issues that need to be fixed but they're not unfixable.

They haven't been fixed in 7 years....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: The Bengals are the first team in the Super Bowl era to lose their first two games of the season on the last play of the game.

Maybe it's payback from the football gods for having won two playoff games on the last play.  Now that we've gotten that out of the way....
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s a gargantuan gap between dynasty and can’t beat Mitch Trubisky and Cooper Rush.

Dallas was literally the only team in the league that didn’t score a TD in week one. Ofc he looks like a Pro Bowler vs us though.

I bet we make the playoffs. Dallas had a different QB last week and you know how we make ha kuo QBs look. 

If I remember correctly, we were a joke win week one last year with the fluke ot turnover from being 0-2
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:48 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I bet we make the playoffs. Dallas had a different QB last week and you know how we make ha kuo QBs look. 

If I remember correctly, we were a joke win week one last year with the fluke ot turnover from being 0-2

Bet we don’t. Last year was a fluke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:54 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Bet we don’t. Last year was a fluke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bengals are basically the 2016 Falcons. My guess is they don’t see the playoffs again for another 5 seasons. You captured lightning in a bottle one season then went back to mediocrity.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Burrow needs more time, he's going to look like trash like he has otherwise. He's making poor decisions and looking down at the ground instead of up the field. He should start escaping the pocket at least to a side that can give him time. He looked like end of era Andy Dalton (scared of sacks and trying to run instead of find a WR for another split second). I hope that fixes itself within the next month or two as he regains his strength and the line gels a little more.

Dallas fans warned us about Collins and his penalties, this dude doesn't look like a starter, I bet PFF will say so also. I would play that "I'm your bodyguard" intro video in his locker before every game for him to remember his job lol.

I like the idea of hypnotizing zac and burrow at the beginning of the game into thinking they're down 17-0.

I made the comment today to family that I felt like I was watching Andy Dalton out there today.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This thread is totally false.

'Since the merger in 1970, there have been 400 teams start the NFL season with a record of 0-2, according to Stathead.

Of those 400, only 38 have reached the playoffs. That's 9.5 percent of 0-2 teams. It has been a while since teams that started the year 0-2 made it to the postseason. Back in 2018, both the Texans, who finished the year 11-5, and the Seahawks, who ended the year 10-6, made it to the playoffs. Both lost in the wild card round. Since then, 27 teams have gone 0-2 to start the season. None reached the playoffs, and only the 2020 Dolphins (10-6) and 2021 Colts (9-8) had a winning record.'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-0-2-history-cowboys/ombgfs1efl2yv0l5zbzkb9vh

ok so mods should delete this
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The problem is that 'almost' doesn't count in the standings, but 2 losses to teams you're favored to beat by 6.5 each do. Dropping one of these games would have been something you could brush off. It happens. Losing both, and looking like they did in each, is hard to ignore. Luckily, everyone else in the division lost today, so there is a silver lining to be had. But man, they have to figure this offense out and in a hurry. The Jets have now become a must win game...in week 3. 

Yep. Zac has made a career on close losses.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dallas isn't some elite pass rush. They have Parsons.

ok so if dallas finishes in the top 5 in sacks, I'll refer to this at the end of the year, and you shall admit you are wrong
Reply/Quote

I agree it ain't over, but I have to admit this exact line of thinking played a lot better 7 days ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:59 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: The Bengals are basically the 2016 Falcons. My guess is they don’t see the playoffs again for another 5 seasons. You captured lightning in a bottle one season then went back to mediocrity.

Bad comparison. The 2 teams couldn’t be more different. The Bengals were super young and overachieved and got there a year or two earlier than anyone expected.

That Falcons team was full of older veterans, including their QB.

People can overreact and be dramatic all they want, but our window is still wide open even if we have a down year.

Reply/Quote
Can you all imagine how ugly this going to get the second half of the season?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bad comparison. The 2 teams couldn’t be more different. The Bengals were super young and overachieved and got there a year or two earlier than anyone expected.

That Falcons team was full of older veterans, including their QB.

People can overreact and be dramatic all they want, but our window is still wide open even if we have a down year.

The biggest threat to our window is all the young qbs in the AFC and good, young coaches.

But 7 teams make the playoffs. That should be doable.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:48 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I bet we make the playoffs. Dallas had a different QB last week and you know how we make ha kuo QBs look. 

Making backup QBs look great was supposed to be yet another of those things this team was supposed to have moved beyond and left behind with the "Bungles" era.

making backup QBs look great
playing 1 decent half of football per game
needing to "get our asses kicked" before we "get our heads right"

I'm sure there are more, but still....we were supposed to leave this crap in the past with our undisciplined players, overmatched coaches who make boring excuses after losses, and wimpy QBs who spend the game looking like shells of human beings.
Reply/Quote