Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
7 teams started 0-2 the last 2 seasons and still made the playoffs
(09-18-2022, 10:55 PM)Whacked Wrote: Can you all imagine how ugly this going to get the second half of the season?

Bowling shoe ugly?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:04 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I made the comment today to family that I felt like I was watching Andy Dalton out there today.

That's an insult to Dalton in his 3rd year.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: That's an insult to Dalton in his 3rd year.

Andy had multiple truly rotten games in his 3rd season.

Week 4 vs Cleveland - 58.2
Week 9 vs Miami - 55.4
Week 10 vs Baltimore - 52.2

Those are the passer ratings from some of his worst losses that year. He threw 2 TD’s to 7 picks in those games.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Making backup QBs look great was supposed to be yet another of those things this team was supposed to have moved beyond and left behind with the "Bungles" era.

making backup QBs look great
playing 1 decent half of football per game
needing to "get our asses kicked" before we "get our heads right"

I'm sure there are more, but still....we were supposed to leave this crap in the past with our undisciplined players, overmatched coaches who make boring excuses after losses, and wimpy QBs who spend the game looking like shells of human beings.

I don't disagree with anything you are saying.  I'm as let down by the slow start as anyone but feel they will pull it together. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The biggest threat to our window is all the young qbs in the AFC and good, young coaches.

But 7 teams make the playoffs. That should be doable.

Our best chance of playoffs is winning a bad division with a record close to

We aren’t going to be a wild card.

Burrow is contributing but the main issue on offense is totally predictable play calling of vanilla plays and the crap performance of the o line.

Play calling on our last drive showed an intent to try to survive to overtime instead of aggressively trying to win.

Our coach is old school Nebraska not modern NFL.

Like a high school coach up against phds in coaching

Lose next week and chances of playoffs are over.

And they should be if you can’t beat our first three opponents.
Reply/Quote
It's just amazing how a little bit of adversity makes so many turn on what they call "their team." When we're winning Zac is a great coach, Sweet Lou is amazing and Joe is the best QB in 100 years. Now that they lost 2, but are still 1/2 game back for the division lead, everyone sucks. I think there may be some merit to what WJIII said about Cincinnati fans.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's just amazing how a little bit of adversity makes so many turn on what they call "their team." When we're winning Zac is a great coach, Sweet Lou is amazing and Joe is the best QB in 100 years. Now that they lost 2, but are still 1/2 game back for the division lead, everyone sucks. I think there may be some merit to what WJIII said about Cincinnati fans.

Every fanbase is like this, it isn't unique to Cincinnati. The Bengals are already feeling some heat; that is a fact. However, it is still very early in the season, so the sky isn't falling. I don't think any of us would have imagined that Cincinnati would look this bad, though. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fortunately, the other AFC North teams all lost today. 0-2 doesn't feel good, but I'll patiently wait to see how the next few weeks play out.

Same, made me feel better seeing all those bastids lose and we are just really rusty.

We should get much better as the season goes on but damn, we put ourselves in an early hole to climb out of.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: all hope isnt lost yet.

(09-18-2022, 08:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I believe none made the playoffs last year.

We need to finish 10-5.

So then 7 teams started 0-2 in 2020 and still made the playoffs? Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So then 7 teams started 0-2 in 2020 and still made the playoffs? Mellow

BTW, I take the blame for the kiss of death I put on Hendrickson Rfaulk. Not going to do that again. Mellow

Let me have it.... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So then 7 teams started 0-2 in 2020 and still made the playoffs? Mellow

The thread title is inaccurate. I believe a total of 0 started 0-2 since 2020 and made the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This thread is totally false.

'Since the merger in 1970, there have been 400 teams start the NFL season with a record of 0-2, according to Stathead.

Of those 400, only 38 have reached the playoffs. That's 9.5 percent of 0-2 teams. It has been a while since teams that started the year 0-2 made it to the postseason. Back in 2018, both the Texans, who finished the year 11-5, and the Seahawks, who ended the year 10-6, made it to the playoffs. Both lost in the wild card round. Since then, 27 teams have gone 0-2 to start the season. None reached the playoffs, and only the 2020 Dolphins (10-6) and 2021 Colts (9-8) had a winning record.'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-0-2-history-cowboys/ombgfs1efl2yv0l5zbzkb9vh

You you're saying they're due? 

Sweeeeeeeet.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bowling shoe ugly?

Worse. This right here. 

[Image: mens-orange-leisure-suit-70s-costume-standard~fm64242]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Worse. This right here. 

I see you are subscribed to my onlyfans page.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BTW, I take the blame for the kiss of death I put on Hendrickson Rfaulk. Not going to do that again. Mellow

Let me have it.... Mellow

Don't worry about it. Just more potential nickles for me.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:26 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Every fanbase is like this, it isn't unique to Cincinnati. The Bengals are already feeling some heat; that is a fact. However, it is still very early in the season, so the sky isn't falling. I don't think any of us would have imagined that Cincinnati would look this bad, though. 

Poor excuse.... be better than every other fan base. We just played in the Super Bowl for crying out loud. Now we lose 2 games and it's time to fire everyone.  Utterly ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bowling shoe ugly?

Lol. Yupppp
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Worse. This right here. 

lol

You even managed to nail the orange color.

Slick! Lol

Nicely played.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Poor excuse.... be better than every other fan base. We just played in the Super Bowl for crying out loud. Now we lose 2 games and it's time to fire everyone.  Utterly ridiculous.

2 games we were favored to win by a td each.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Making backup QBs look great was supposed to be yet another of those things this team was supposed to have moved beyond and left behind with the "Bungles" era.

making backup QBs look great
playing 1 decent half of football per game
needing to "get our asses kicked" before we "get our heads right"

I'm sure there are more, but still....we were supposed to leave this crap in the past with our undisciplined players, overmatched coaches who make boring excuses after losses, and wimpy QBs who spend the game looking like shells of human beings.

You know, try as I might, I just cannot believe that we will ever be a good, solid team.  We literally won last year despite the o line and Zac Taylor.  There was truly some magic going on.  I will never think anything differently.  How many games last year did we have control of and not have to win in the last minutes or 4th quarter?

I live in Bills Country and all my friends are huge Bills fans and I also support the Bills.  I cannot root for other teams like I do the Bengals, but I try to watch and happy for my friends .  I would be lying if my disappointment didn't reach level 11 last night as I watched what competent coaching and a real o-line can do when you also have solid talent.  I would also be lying if I said I was not horribly jealous.  The Bills have been right there with us in the basement and now they are doing what we were also supposed to do this year; play good football.

I really, truly thought that the years of being in the basement, losing games in ridiculous ways and just being a crappy team were over.  At least while we had the talent that we currently do.  Nope, soul crushed and it only took the Bengals the first 2 games of the season to do it.  I know, I read all the don't panic threads.  I've been watching this team for over 30 years.  I know how this script plays out.

I know, we could bounce back and maybe make the playoffs.  I could also win the lottery.  My chances on the lottery are probably better.

I just watched and watched the game last night and just could not believe the difference in play calling and o-line play.  The Bengals look like a JV team.

I just had to rant.  One of the most disappointing starts to any season I have ever experienced as a Bengals fan.  What did I really expect though.  It's the Bengals.  We will always be the Bengals.  We will always do our Bengal thing apparently.

I know, there are lots of excuses.  I'm tired of excuses.  Excuses don't = W's.  0-2.  According to stats we will need another miracle year just to make the playoffs.  1 great year out of 30 plus and right back to the basement.  I come to work and all I hear is "What the hell happened to the Bengals?"  

Ok, I'm done.  I just had to get that out.  lol.  I know, i'm being a little bi!@# this morning.  I try so hard to stay positive.  I almost never post anything negative on gameday, but eff man, I can only take so much Bengal disappointment in one lifetime.
Reply/Quote