Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
70 million dollars wasted
(09-19-2022, 11:06 AM)jj22 Wrote: Buc's lost nearly their whole line this preseason. 

And their QB has what... 7 SB rings?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You can reasonably expect to win every game. And if you look at the 2 we just lost, the first game was an absolute fluke with the long snapper getting hurt and Shooter missing a PAT and a 30 yarder. And we almost won yesterday. But if you expected great line play from a new line right out the door, your expectations were not based in reality.

Man, you are the most pessimistic optimist I've ever argued with.

Let's see....

The biggest fluke in game 1 was that we had 5 turnovers and were anywhere close to having a shot to win that game.  A team with a -5 turnover differential losing the game in any way shape and form is damn near a guarantee, aka very much not a fluke.  If you have -5 turnover and you win it is a fluke, so yea some fluke stuff went against us, but 9 times out of 10 that game would have been way out of reach.

And yesterday we got to play against Cooper Rush, a guy who was starting his second game in 5 years in the NFL.  Just him being on the field is a fluke, but he is 2-0 now, so him winning is no fluke, daggummit.

Anyways, close losses are easier to stomach when we weren't favored to win them.  Hopefully we have a shot against the Jets, because 0-3 before facing an improved Dolphins team could be daunting. 

(09-19-2022, 11:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And their QB has what... 7 SB rings?

He's also 45 years old.  A rag tag o-line of no names defending a 45 year old man...sounds like some sort of movie script.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Man, you are the most pessimistic optimist I've ever argued with.

Let's see....

The biggest fluke in game 1 was that we had 5 turnovers and were anywhere close to having a shot to win that game.  A team with a -5 turnover differential losing the game in any way shape and form is damn near a guarantee, aka very much not a fluke.  If you have -5 turnover and you win it is a fluke, so yea some fluke stuff went against us, but 9 times out of 10 that game would have been way out of reach.

And yesterday we got to play against Cooper Rush, a guy who was starting his second game in 5 years in the NFL.  Just him being on the field is a fluke, but he is 2-0 now, so him winning is no fluke, daggummit.

Anyways, close losses are easier to stomach when we weren't favored to win them.  Hopefully we have a shot against the Jets, because 0-3 before facing an improved Dolphins team could be daunting. 

He's also 45 years old.  A rag tag o-line of no names defending a 45 year old man...sounds like some sort of movie script.

That 45 year old man is still the best in the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: He's also 45 years old.  A rag tag o-line of no names defending a 45 year old man...sounds like some sort of movie script.

Brady likes a challenge lol...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Brady likes a challenge lol...

Give him our offensive line, then. See if he can rise up to THAT challenge. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That 45 year old man is still the best in the game.

I have mad respect for Brady, but I wouldn't expect him to be traded straight up for a number of QBs in the league right now, including Burrow.  If I had to bet my life on winning 1 game I'd go with him, but it's a looong season and he's already looking up at a number of QBs 2 weeks in.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:28 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 2 games into a 17 game season. One game out of first in the division. Team has played like garbage and still only lost on last second FG’s both games. The world hasn’t ended. The season isn’t over. Yes they played horribly again. No, it was not fun to watch.

They can and will figure it out. It might not happen overnight but it will get fixed.

I’ll say it again. R-E-L-A-X.

Should be seeing Progress we are not
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Should be seeing Progress we are not

You mean you aren't twice as R-E-L-A-X-E-D as you were a week ago?

Side note since we're talking about Rodgers and his catchphrase, he followed up yet another crappy week 1 loss with, you guessed it, a through dismantling of an inferior division rival.  Relax, indeed. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I have mad respect for Brady, but I wouldn't expect him to be traded straight up for a number of QBs in the league right now, including Burrow.  If I had to bet my life on winning 1 game I'd go with him, but it's a looong season and he's already looking up at a number of QBs 2 weeks in.

Right, because he is at the end of his career while guys like Burrow are at the beginning. But for one game, Brady is still the best in the league. He was never mobile, so he hasn't lost that part of his game. His accuracy, arm strength and ability to analyze weaknesses in the defense are all still there. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, because he is at the end of his career while guys like Burrow are at the beginning. But for one game, Brady is still the best in the league. He was never mobile, so he hasn't lost that part of his game. His accuracy, arm strength and ability to analyze weaknesses in the defense are all still there. 

He's still not immune to a pass rush, and he wasn't even when he was a young back way back in them good ol' days when you could see two Clark Gable talkies for a nickel. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:48 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I will R-E-L-A-X when I see ANY sign of improvement - as of yet, there has been none.

Turnovers were corrected in one week. That’s a sign of improvement and after the horrible week one show that was probably their biggest focus before week 2.

I have no idea how long it’ll take them to fix the o line and get the offense rolling the way it should, but there is no reason to think they won’t get this thing rolling at some point. Hopefully before it’s too late, but this team has proven it’s never too late for them to pull off something special.

Everyone wants to talk about two games like the season is over. The team showed over 21 games last year that they’ll get it together. The Bengals lost two games in a row last season. UGLY ones too. Just about everyone wrote them off then as well. 2 games is not a big enough sample size to write them off. Collins was out most of the preseason. 4 new o line starters. Joe clearly isn’t used to this o line either. Looks like he may still be feeling the effects of his surgery or lack of practice too.

I get that these games were ugly and everyone wanted a better start than this. I got absolutely no enjoyment out of watching the game yesterday and was tempted to turn it off because it was more like torture than watching my favorite team play on a Sunday afternoon. That’s no reason for some of the asinine takes that people are throwing out there after TWO games. Burrow is done, Taylor needs to go, FA money was all a waste. People need to calm down. All of this is two games post SB appearance and near win.
Reply/Quote
Remember that BS that Collins said about he's Burrow's new bodyguard!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:21 AM)jj22 Wrote: You still don't get it. 

1 year of a playoff run and SB appearance vs years of sustained success? Which do you choose. Well you sound like you chose that 1 year. Truth is, we may not have made it last year, but we'd be better positioned to maintain success with a solid line and receivers in following draft classes. You aren't thinking big picture, and that is why the debate is far from over. As we stare 3-14 in the face, it will resurface (it already has).

A Superbowl run (no victory) followed by mediocracy and what looks like a top 3 pick, or years of shots at Superbowls through sustained success.

I really don’t want to get into this debate again, but it’s been proven time after time that in today’s game an elite WR is more valuable than a single elite OT. Just look up the WAR. Cooper Kupp was more valuable to his team last year than Trent Williams was to his. And it’s no coincidence that the 2 teams that met in the Super Bowl had 2 of the very best WR’s in the game.

The league saw what we were able to do with Chase last year, and in turn this offseason you started seeing teams going out and trading for guys like Tyreek and Adams. That speaks volumes. Especially for a team like Miami that already had Waddle.

Anyway, you got a more serious response than you really deserved considering the “3-14, top 3 pick” hysteria.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:24 AM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow is trending towards damaged goods. It wouldn't be wise to give him (already being 26) with the beating he's taken and the lost pocket presence 300m. This offseason anyway. 

This isn't a young Herbert/Lamar/Murray with far less injury history or beatings.... 

He’s getting paid this offseason. And it’s absolutely wise to do it as early as possible.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 06:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I really don’t want to get into this debate again, but it’s been proven time after time that in today’s game an elite WR is more valuable than a single elite OT. Just look up the WAR. Cooper Kupp was more valuable to his team last year than Trent Williams was to his. And it’s no coincidence that the 2 teams that met in the Super Bowl had 2 of the very best WR’s in the game.

The league saw what we were able to do with Chase last year, and in turn this offseason you started seeing teams going out and trading for guys like Tyreek and Adams. That speaks volumes. Especially for a team like Miami that already had Waddle.

Anyway, you got a more serious response than you really deserved considering the “3-14, top 3 pick” hysteria.

Just wait until Miami has an opponent play...Cover 2. Those fools won't be able to score!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 06:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I really don’t want to get into this debate again, but it’s been proven time after time that in today’s game an elite WR is more valuable than a single elite OT. Just look up the WAR. Cooper Kupp was more valuable to his team last year than Trent Williams was to his. And it’s no coincidence that the 2 teams that met in the Super Bowl had 2 of the very best WR’s in the game.

Those teams you mentioned shored up their Olines first.... Rams should be a painful reminder (what were they before Big Whitt showed up) since you brought them up.

You build for the inside out isn't as outdated as you may hope given the Chase selection.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Those teams you mentioned shored up their Olines first.... Rams should be a painful reminder (what were they before Big Whitt showed up) since you brought them up.

You build for the inside out isn't as outdated as you may hope given the Chase selection.

I'm Team Chase. He has rare gamebreaking ability.

Sewell is a good Pro too.
Reply/Quote
Chase was a great pick.

Take away the players though and it's still debatable as to if you go for the elite LT or elite wideout when building a team around a Franchise QB. I don't think that debate is as over as some make it sound.

And I don't think you get blinded by 1 year success given that success may not be sustainable or forbid your Franchise QB gets run into the ground, and ruined by year 4.

We've lost sight of the big picture, and it's looking to be coming back to bite us.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Chase was a great pick.

Take away the players though and it's still debatable as to if you go for the elite LT or elite wideout when building a team around a Franchise QB. I don't think that debate is as over as some make it sound.

And I don't think you get blinded by 1 year success given that success may not be sustainable or forbid your Franchise QB gets run into the ground, and ruined by year 4.

We've lost sight of the big picture, and it's looking to be coming back to bite us.

It's not a simple debate. If 1 of the players suck its a simple debate.

With Sewell...I doubt we go to the SB last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:19 PM)Tony Wrote: They were 100% worst than the guys last year. Unbelievable

At least previous O-line got us to the superbowl. 

The problem has always been Zac calling the plays, poor plays.   Lou got the D clicking last season and the D took us to the SB. 
Reply/Quote