Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
7th Round Welcome Jeffrey Gunter
(04-30-2022, 08:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interesting how heavily defense we went.

Lou is in control of the team. He runs it.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 08:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interesting how heavily defense we went.

Not a lot of options to improve the O, 
Skills positions are Check.
And we got one more that can compete for LG. So OL check.

The O finished in the top half of the league, and with the OL upgrades, shouldn't be a problem to finish in the top 10.
Defense finished average (but put on a show during playoffs), so more help needed there and a great year to need backfield help.

Next you, either we go heavy O, to prepare for losses or we can do a more balanced attack, then in 2024 heavy O.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gunter I think at 7 was very good. He’s got a ton of upside and no investment
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 12:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Gunter I think at 7 was very good. He’s got a ton of upside and no investment

Any player picked Rd 5 or later really isn't a big investment at all.
Most Rd 5 players just end up being role players/depth, if they make the roster at all.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

After listening to the podcasts with Duke and Mike Potts as guests, going this heavy on defense wasn't their plan. They both mentioned that there were runs on positions they didn't expect.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 06:15 PM)pulses Wrote: He played 2 years at Coastal and transferred to NC State to be closer to home in 2019 and sat out. He missed it so much he transferred back to Coastal in 2020 for his last 2 years.

Hope Jeff can handle being so far from home lol
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 01:29 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: After listening to the podcasts with Duke and Mike Potts as guests, going this heavy on defense wasn't their plan. They both mentioned that there were runs on positions they didn't expect.

Yep they were interested in Romeo Doubs WR/PR in the 4th but he was gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 08:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This can be worked on. Gunter is a natural with his hands, athleticism and bend. Some edge rushers just don't have these things 
and get washed out of the League. Happens all the time. You can work on your strength, but man do you really have to work to 
improve your hands, athleticism and bend. Most cannot ever work enough to improve these things enough to remain in the NFL.

Just you all wait till I put up 25 reps of 225..  I'll have triple and quadtriple hernias and two broken arms!  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 10:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just you all wait till I put up 25 reps of 225..  I'll have triple and quadtriple hernias and two broken arms!  Cool

At least you give it your all Gramps lol
Reply/Quote