Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-0.........Really?
Can you imagine the homer hate speech someone would have received had they predicted an 8-0 start anytime after last year's Colts playoff game. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The other boards were cursed first season on this one and everything is clicking
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't ask Heath Evans how the Bengals are doing though.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572805/article/2015-nfl-midseason-predictions-afc-wildcard-race-heating-up

He still thinks the Steelers are going to win the division. LOL

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't ask Heath Evans how the Bengals are doing though.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572805/article/2015-nfl-midseason-predictions-afc-wildcard-race-heating-up

He still thinks the Steelers are going to win the division. LOL

I saw this yesterday.  Basically, for this to happen, the Bengals would have to go 3-5 from here on out and the Steelers would have to go undefeated.  It's seriously the most idiotic prediction that I've heard in quite a long time.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 04:54 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Can you imagine the homer hate speech someone would have received had they predicted an 8-0 start anytime after last year's Colts playoff game.   Hilarious

If you would have predicted 8-0, you are a massive homer.  This was really unexpected.  A welcome surprise, but a surprise nonetheless.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 04:54 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Can you imagine the homer hate speech someone would have received had they predicted an 8-0 start anytime after last year's Colts playoff game.   Hilarious

This is the first year that "homers" had it right. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:41 PM)Fresno B Wrote: This is the first year that "homers" had it right. Hilarious

And we homers will keep being right this year. Cheers
Reply/Quote
To Heath Evans - sit the pipe down and step away from the crack.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:41 PM)Fresno B Wrote: This is the first year that "homers" had it right. Hilarious

Negative!  My definition of a 'homer' is a fan that realizes that he/she has no input to the team whatsoever, and does not spend time carrying on ranting and raving as if her/she were a coach and did have some say so in what happens, realizes they can only root for whatever hand the coaches deal him/her, hope for the best staying with a positive attitude, and hoping that things get better as the season(s) roll on, if the hate gets so heavy and he/she gets tired of hearing about, they refuse to debate it, stick with their team through thick and thin, go on with other much more important things in their lives and keep football and the Bengals in proper perspective.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 09:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Negative!  My definition of a 'homer' is a fan that realizes that he/she has no input to the team whatsoever, and does not spend time carrying on ranting and raving as if her/she were a coach and did have some say so in what happens, realizes they can only root for whatever hand the coaches deal him/her, hope for the best staying with a positive attitude, and hoping that things get better as the season(s) roll on, if the hate gets so heavy and he/she gets tired of hearing about, they refuse to debate it, stick with their team through thick and thin, go on with other much more important things in their lives and keep football and the Bengals in proper perspective.

Good Post
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 09:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Negative!  My definition of a 'homer' is a fan that realizes that he/she has no input to the team whatsoever, and does not spend time carrying on ranting and raving as if her/she were a coach and did have some say so in what happens, realizes they can only root for whatever hand the coaches deal him/her, hope for the best staying with a positive attitude, and hoping that things get better as the season(s) roll on, if the hate gets so heavy and he/she gets tired of hearing about, they refuse to debate it, stick with their team through thick and thin, go on with other much more important things in their lives and keep football and the Bengals in proper perspective.

I probably deserve a good stiff beating for thinking that this team was better than others thought. Heck, I even thought they should have kept Andy Dalton as our quarterback. See what I get for being such a subversive homer?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Heath Evans is a complete idiot. There is no chance that the Steelers will catch the Bengals to win the AFC North. It would take a complete meltdown for that to happen. The Steelers do not have the talent that the Bengals have and it is not even close. Cincy is arguably the deepest team in the league and can beat anyone. The only hope for the Steelers would be 2016 when the records begin at 0-0 but forget 2015 because this is the year of the tiger. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 09:36 PM)grampahol Wrote: I probably deserve a good stiff beating for thinking that this team was better than others thought. Heck, I even thought they should have kept Andy Dalton as our quarterback. See what I get for being such a subversive homer?

Exactly!  Me too.  The 90s were rough and there were several seasons that I got to the point that I just checked the scores each week, continued to pull for them, but realized the ingredients just weren't there, and really didn't follow to the extent I do now.

Reply/Quote

Nobody but a homer was going to make that prediction, so yeah I think the ridicule would have been justified. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 11:00 PM)Utts Wrote: Nobody but a homer was going to make that prediction, so yeah I think the ridicule would have been justified. 

I've been warned about you.

Congratulations, you just made the All Homer, All the Time, I Realize Whatever I Think About The Bengals Will Not Make Any Difference Whatsoever, So Why Be One Of Those People Who Isn't Happy Unless Their Bitching About The Team, and Would Rather Be Right and Think They Know Everything, Ignore List!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 11:00 PM)Utts Wrote: Nobody but a homer was going to make that prediction, so yeah I think the ridicule would have been justified. 

I'm sure wherever he is Denny made that prediction, just like had the previous 15 or 20 years.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 11:09 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I've been warned about you.

As well you should have. Be sure to send me a post card from crazy town!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 11:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm sure wherever he is Denny made that prediction, just like had the previous 15 or 20 years.

Denny has finally been vindicated!!! lol
Reply/Quote

Your definition of a homer is horse shit. Not sure why you're on a message board if you don't want to debate or hear differing opinions. I'm sure you can find a cheerleading forum somewhere out there.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 11:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm sure wherever he is Denny made that prediction, just like had the previous 15 or 20 years.

Now THIS season.....is just what the doctor ordered.
LFG  

Reply/Quote