Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8,300 rounds of ammo, assault rifle, body armor:man who impersonated Air Marshal
The Guy is off the street. Like bfine said..... Process works

Good of you to point that out Dino.
(12-06-2015, 04:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know about anyone else, but I see a big difference between a regular fake ID and a fake ID for a law enforcement agency. I see the latter as a bit more nefarious than some of you, apparently.

How so?

Someone with a fake hospital badge could get into a healthcare center and wreak havoc. Fake press pass will get you into just about any event. Fake teachers certificate gets you next to kids. Fake coaching credentials will get you at least half a season coaching the Browns. 

It's not like the guy is going to arrest someone and take them to a real jail.

Guy needs heklp with his mental health. That doesn't make him a terrorist.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-05-2015, 10:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh, that and he's not a terrorist or really even considered a threat.

He just made the mistake of doing all of those things AND impersonating an Air Marshal.

Dang foreigners....

Yes it is not illegal to own a lot of weapons and ammo.  It is illegal to have ID saying you are law enforcement if you are not so he was arrested for it because someone gave a tip on awhite guy.  The thing you didn't think should be done to a middle easterner.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-06-2015, 11:12 PM)Benton Wrote: How so?

Someone with a fake hospital badge could get into a healthcare center and wreak havoc. Fake press pass will get you into just about any event. Fake teachers certificate gets you next to kids. Fake coaching credentials will get you at least half a season coaching the Browns. 

It's not like the guy is going to arrest someone and take them to a real jail.

Guy needs heklp with his mental health. That doesn't make him a terrorist.

When I think of a regular fake ID I am thinking of a state issued ID/DL that just identifies a person as a different name. Not something that grants the access to something such as what you describe. A fake ID is one thing, but fake, credentials I suppose would be a better word, are a more nefarious thing to me.
(12-06-2015, 11:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: When I think of a regular fake ID I am thinking of a state issued ID/DL that just identifies a person as a different name. Not something that grants the access to something such as what you describe. A fake ID is one thing, but fake, credentials I suppose would be a better word, are a more nefarious thing to me.

Ah, I understand.
(12-06-2015, 11:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: When I think of a regular fake ID I am thinking of a state issued ID/DL that just identifies a person as a different name. Not something that grants the access to something such as what you describe. A fake ID is one thing, but fake, credentials I suppose would be a better word, are a more nefarious thing to me.

Gotta agree with Benton on this one....If it was a good enough fake, then presumably this guy can bring at least a handgun into an airport, or on an airplane.

He may not be a threat, but he's clearly unstable...which normally means unpredictable and very possibly a threat.