Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-7-1 wins division?
I know it's a long shot but if this team somehow won out and finished 8-7-1 could that win the division? The Ravens and Steelers both still have some tough games left and they obviously play us
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
"Long shot"? You honestly think there is any shot that this team, who has not won five games all year, suddenly rolls off five in a row? There is an exponentially better chance that they don't win another game, including the Browns, than them winning the next five.
Reply/Quote
It could but it won't. Don't get your hopes up it's over for this year.

Look forward to doing other things with your Sunday's and be happy we won't be one and done this year in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
The sad part is as bad as the Bengals have played they could have been in contention.

Nugent cost a couple games and the refs hosed us against Pittsburgh or they would be in the right in the thick of things.

Undeservingly per sucking, yet still could have been.

Think you are right 8-7-1 may win division.

Just can not envision the Bengals winning 5 straight with this O-line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:20 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Just can not envision the Bengals winning 5 straight with this O-line.

True, and even more accurately, I can't see it with a coaching staff that just keeps doing the same stupid-ass things and expects a different result.  

How about giving Dalton a moving pocket?  Opposing defenses always know right where he will be....easy pickings.  

How about running more two and three TE sets with AJ on the sideline?

How about the double A-gap blitz that actually wreaked havoc on some of the best QBs in the league? 

How about giving TJ Johnson a start at C and see if the team responds?  Maybe Bodine will respond?  Ditto RT and WInston?

No, no, no, and no-no.

That is why they won't make a run.  They won't admit that what they are doing isn't working.  It is always:  "we just have to execute".  Right.  Marv, you and your staff should be executed. (That was supposed to be funny...I obviously don't want them killed, just fired)
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 12:16 AM)Trademark Wrote: I know it's a long shot but if this team somehow won out and finished 8-7-1 could that win the division? The Ravens and Steelers both still have some tough games left and they obviously play us
They haven't won a game in a month. They haven't strung together wins all season. It ain't happenin'.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 12:03 PM)jason Wrote: They haven't won a game in a month. They haven't strung together wins all season. It ain't happenin'.

Their best move now, is to play all of the young talent, get some serious evaluation time on our youth and continue to improve their draft position.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 12:16 AM)Trademark Wrote: I know it's a long shot but if this team somehow won out and finished 8-7-1 could that win the division? The Ravens and Steelers both still have some tough games left and they obviously play us

So they'll each get at least 1 more win  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Stop it, just stop, don't torture yourself

Eagles - a big maybe

@Browns - they'll most likely win a game or two before it's over, a loss wouldn't shock me.

Steelers - in PT @ PBS. Marvin is 2-13 @ PBS against them and that's with having some pretty good teams. Marvin has a grand total of 4 PT wins against teams with winning records in 14 seasons. You honestly think we have a prayer here ?

@Texans - again in PT, the Texans just have our number and they'll be playing for a playoff spot. Little chance here

Ravens - they'll probably still need this win.

If we win two of these games we'll be flying ! In fact losing out is a waaaaayyyyyy better possibility.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 12:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Stop it, just stop, don't torture yourself

Eagles - a big maybe

@Browns - they'll most likely win a game or two before it's over, a loss wouldn't shock me.

Steelers - in PT @ PBS. Marvin is 2-13 @ PBS against them and that's with having some pretty good teams. Marvin has a grand total of 4 PT wins against teams with winning records in 14 seasons. You honestly think we have a prayer here ?

@Texans - again in PT, the Texans just have our number and they'll be playing for a playoff spot. Little chance here

Ravens - they'll probably still need this win.

If we win two of these games we'll be flying ! In fact losing out is a waaaaayyyyyy better possibility.

A better bet would be that we win 1 ... against the Clowns. But I would NOT be surprised that we lose out.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 12:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Their best move now, is to play all of the young talent, get some serious evaluation time on our youth and continue to improve their draft position.

This is about all that is left of this season.. 
Reply/Quote
Hey I know that I'm echoing a lot of other fans but all I care about this season is for AJ Green to make it back to get those yards.

Other than that... this season is over.

Between a terrible OC who shouldn't be one and starting players who lack basic fundamentals this has been the epotime of faliure.

Even if this team mustered up enough wins to make it this year they would have been an embarrassment and just ripped the fans heart out before halftime.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hey I know that I'm echoing a lot of other fans but all I care about this season is for AJ Green to make it back to get those yards.

Other than that...  this season is over.

Between a terrible OC who shouldn't be one and starting players who lack basic fundamentals this has been the epotime of faliure.

Even if this team mustered up enough wins to make it this year they would have been an embarrassment and just ripped the fans heart out before halftime.

I would love to see AJ get those yards too.  Other than that, flush this shitstorm.

(11-29-2016, 04:20 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This is honestly one of the most absurd things I have ever read, even on the internet.

Hell, if you don't get your fill of it here, just check various other threads, and even an entire thread based on that one post.  It's literally everywhere. Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:20 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Just can not envision the Bengals winning 5 straight with this O-line.

really that's the key of all of this.. .Bondine seems to have gotten worse...   he was always kinda bad in protection but at least he was snapping the ball decently in years past for the most part.  now most of them are near daltons ankles

other than that only the RT spot changed....  the only real reason I can think the OL is struggling this much is we are calling plays that take longer to develop. (or the fast pass attack was hiding how bad our OL really is)
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 02:03 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: This is about all that is left of this season.. 

Oddly enough, I can imagine Marvin at a presser, proclaiming that we are still in it to win it..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 07:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: really that's the key of all of this.. .Bondine seems to have gotten worse...   he was always kinda bad in protection but at least he was snapping the ball decently in years past for the most part.  now most of them are near daltons ankles

other than that only the RT spot changed....  the only real reason I can think the OL is struggling this much is we are calling plays that take longer to develop. (or the fast pass attack was hiding how bad our OL really is)

I think your point in parenthesis is where it's at.  I've been saying that for a couple of years now.  Ever since Braham left, we've had issues with pressure up the gut from poor center play.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Enough that is not going to happen this team is done. What ifs are no good at this point. If they win out no way that happens with they way they are playing. Look if my grandma had balls I would call her grandpa, but that's not the case. This team is just not that good.
Reply/Quote
It could win the division, but even if we just assume the Bengals win out, it would then mean both PIT/BAL going at best 2-3.... just not likely.
Reply/Quote
Even if the Bengals win the division, it sets us up for our infamous playoff loss in the first game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 07:51 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It could win the division, but even if we just assume the Bengals win out, it would then mean both PIT/BAL going at best 2-3.... just not likely.

How is that not likely? Did you see their remaining schedule? Ravens still have the Dolphins, Patriots, Eagles, Steelers and us. The Steelers still have the Giants, Bills and us. Not counting the Browns cause they suck.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote