Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
8 Values
(07-20-2017, 02:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was going to say neo-con, but your authority ranking isn't high enough for that. Not sure, really.

Re-did it, making just like 3-4 answers from agree/disagree to strongly agree/disagree to get those extra few % in order to go from Centrist to Market and Moderate to Liberal.

Turns out... still just called Neo-Liberalism. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(07-20-2017, 03:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Re-did it, making just like 3-4 answers from agree/disagree to strongly agree/disagree to get those extra few % in order to go from Centrist to Market and Moderate to Liberal.

I was kind of expecting that, really, based on your other scores.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-20-2017, 02:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was going to say neo-con, but your authority ranking isn't high enough for that. Not sure, really.

I hit every tradition thing there was, but still ended up 50/50.  I did do a few no opinions because I didn't know what they wee asking or really didn't care.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-20-2017, 03:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I hit every tradition thing there was, but still ended up 50/50.  I did do a few no opinions because I didn't know what they wee asking or really didn't care.  

A good test, and I'm just speculating as to the internals of this one, won't lend itself easily to achieving a desired result.  The questions will be cross referenced and will interact with each other to modify results in a way that's not easily foreseeable. I've seen traditionalist scores over 50 so I know it's possible.
First off, I told you guys I'm a centrist. Tongue

Secondly, I'd be very interested in seeing what bfine and lucie got on this test, assuming the latter is being serious.
(07-20-2017, 03:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Re-did it, making just like 3-4 answers from agree/disagree to strongly agree/disagree to get those extra few % in order to go from Centrist to Market and Moderate to Liberal.

(07-20-2017, 10:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No idea how to post the image, but I'm a damned neo-liberal.  I'm divorcing my wife 'cause I ain't living with no commie lover.

Embrace it you guys.  A neo-liberal is likely center-right, not centrist or moderate.

Remember the "liberalism" in neoliberalism refers to classical, free market liberalism, in fact an extreme version of that, not the "new" or "progressive" liberalism associated with FDR. 

Adam Smith and James Madison were classical liberals. A neo-liberal actually takes them a step further, working to break down the welfare state and international trade barriers. Think of Milton Friedman and the Chicago School of economics, and people who want to privatize public parks and the post office.

So it's not about supporting gay marriage and Black Lives Matter.
(07-20-2017, 03:44 PM)Dill Wrote: Embrace it you guys.  A neo-liberal is likely center-right, not centrist or moderate.

Remember the "liberalism" in neoliberalism refers to classical, free market liberalism, in fact an extreme version of that, not the "new" or "progressive" liberalism associated with FDR. 

Adam Smith and James Madison were classical liberals. A neo-liberal actually takes them a step further, working to break down the welfare state and international trade barriers. Think of Hayek and Friedman.

Hm? I wasn't denying or not embracing anything.

I just noticed that two of my four things were less than 1% from falling into a different category, and I was wondering what that would change. Only re-did it out of sheer curiosity.

social liberalism for me!

Whew!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(07-20-2017, 03:44 PM)Dill Wrote: Embrace it you guys.  A neo-liberal is likely center-right, not centrist or moderate.

Adam Smith and James Madison were classical liberals. A neo-liberal actually takes them a step further, working to break down the welfare state and international trade barriers. Think of Milton Friedman and the Chicago School of economics, and people who want to privatize public parks and the post office.  

So it's not about supporting gay marriage and Black Lives Matter.

I was yes on gay marriage, pot and prostitution, and I'm good with parks like they are.  I'm a damn commie i tell ya.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I don't know if everyone would agree with me on this or not, but I have not been surprised by anyone's results. I've had some fun with other groups and this test before, it seems to be rather accurate.
Here's the European benchmark... (As usual, I talk on behalf of all of us):

[Image: Download.png]
For the record, I take surveys like this with a big grain of salt.

[Image: 20245826_10213851733431211_7790513980719...e=5A09C615]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(07-20-2017, 03:00 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: A bit surprising.

How so?
(07-20-2017, 06:22 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: For the record, I take surveys like this with a big grain of salt.

LOL judging from your scores, you'd be happy if the taxpayers paid for that grain! Cool
I got liberal. I was in the center on most. A slant toward patriotic on diplomatic issues and very liberal on civil issues. The civil issues put me over the line.
(07-20-2017, 10:19 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL judging from your scores, you'd be happy it the taxpayers paid for that grain! Cool

Always knew Zona was a secret Bernie Bro.   Ninja

(07-20-2017, 10:16 PM)Dill Wrote: How so?

I thought I would be a centrist.

I suppose if many of the questions were more specific I may have been able to be at the "center".  I do take these type of questionnaires with a grain of salt.
(07-19-2017, 11:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It occurred to me today that we've never had this thread, iirc.

Go to https://8values.github.io/

Answer questions.

Post results.

Discuss.

Mine.

[Image: 8%20values.png?t=1500431696]
(07-21-2017, 02:16 AM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I thought I would be a centrist.

I suppose if many of the questions were more specific I may have been able to be at the "center".  I do take these type of questionnaires with a grain of salt.

The only thing that pushed you towards liberalism seems to be the last one. Everything else was centrist/moderate. So it seems you might be less likely to hold onto tradition for the sake of tradition than a pure centrist.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
OK Richmond is to the right of me. I'd shoot myself, but I'm guessing I'm anti-gun.