Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
8 Values
(07-21-2017, 09:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: OK Richmond is to the right of me. I'd shoot myself, but I'm guessing I'm anti-gun.

Richmond didn't post his, that I can see. He just quoted SSF.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-21-2017, 10:09 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Richmond didn't post his, that I can see. He just quoted SSF.

Oh I thought that was his.  Still I figured I was to the right of SSF.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-21-2017, 09:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: OK  Richmond is to the right of me.  I'd shoot myself, but I'm guessing I'm anti-gun.

That's my result, Richmond just quoted my OP.
(07-21-2017, 09:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The only thing that pushed you towards liberalism seems to be the last one. Everything else was centrist/moderate. So it seems you might be less likely to hold onto tradition for the sake of tradition than a pure centrist.

Yup, I think that sounds right. While I may lean a little bit more towards center for the last one, I don't believe that that's what everyone else SHOULD be doing.  So, it makes sense that it scored me as a liberal there.  Also, some more specific questions would have nudged me more towards center there.
(07-21-2017, 09:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: OK  Richmond is to the right of me.  I'd shoot myself, but I'm guessing I'm anti-gun.

(07-21-2017, 10:09 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Richmond didn't post his, that I can see. He just quoted SSF.

(07-21-2017, 10:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh I thought that was his.  Still I figured I was to the right of SSF.  

(07-21-2017, 10:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's my result, Richmond just quoted my OP.

Sorry for the confusion guys...I got a little drunk last night Wink

I remember taking the quiz, but don't remember the results lol.  Though I'm fairly sure it was pretty liberal Cheers
[Image: 7lKXxKe.png]

needed a libertarian here, albeit one who leans more left on the economy.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-21-2017, 02:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: needed a libertarian here, albeit one who leans more left on the economy.

Is that possible--a big government libertarian?
(07-21-2017, 02:50 PM)Dill Wrote: Is that possible--a big government libertarian?

Thought the same thing. In my view, a libertarian, by nature, can't be left.
(07-21-2017, 02:50 PM)Dill Wrote: Is that possible--a big government libertarian?

Some economic protections doesn't have to constitute "big government". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[img]http://[Image: tVjKQ1s.jpg][/img]

I'm a social peaceful moderate progressive !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Centrist, balanced, moderate, neutral
(07-21-2017, 10:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh I thought that was his.  Still I figured I was to the right of SSF.  

As defined, neo-liberalism is to the right of a centrist.
(07-21-2017, 04:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As defined, neo-liberalism is to the right of a centrist.

Yup. This is speaking on the global political spectrum. Neo-liberalism is center-right, or centre-right if we use Queen's English. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-20-2017, 03:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: First off, I told you guys I'm a centrist. Tongue

Secondly, I'd be very interested in seeing what bfine and lucie got on this test, assuming the latter is being serious.

I will take this seriously.

I am little surprised with the civil portion. I wonder if some of the nation responses play into the civil portion. I choose to legalize drug use, etc.

Everything else I am comfortable.

[Image: jq0gFzS.jpg]
(07-22-2017, 10:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I will take this seriously.

I am little surprised with the civil portion. I wonder if some of the nation responses play into the civil portion. I choose to legalize drug use, etc.

Everything else I am comfortable.

[Image: jq0gFzS.jpg]

You should look up the original and modern dilemmas as they pertain to political science/government. I think that would be helpful to understand this more. Not just for you, but anyone lookingto understand this sort of stuff. I would go into it, but I am on my phone right now. LOL

Anyone get Roto to do this yet? Or did I just miss it?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Looks like I'm a bit closer to center than some might think.

[Image: 20245526_10212121946477076_3535348557632...e=59FAB1EE]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-22-2017, 03:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like I'm a bit closer to center than some might think.

[Image: 20245526_10212121946477076_3535348557632...e=59FAB1EE]

You're center-right, which doesn't surprise me at all.

(07-21-2017, 02:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: 7lKXxKe.png]

needed a libertarian here, albeit one who leans more left on the economy.

I was too lazy to go through the work of posting mine. I'm right around this too. 
(07-22-2017, 05:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You're center-right, which doesn't surprise me at all.

Correct, and many are also center-left.  Meaning that there is still more that unites most of us than divides.  Now, if only we could get our elected officials to realize that they are also all Americans, not just Left Wing or Right Wing, and start moving forward for the general good, things would be much better for all of us.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23