Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 down 2 to go
1/2 the draft class have signed their contracts. I would expect the other 6 to sign before the end of Rookie Camp

I do not miss the old days of "will he or won't he" sign before training camp

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Let me guess their names from just looking at them from left to right....

Matt Lee, Cedric Johnson, McLachlan, McKinnley Jackson and Fig Newton Mellow
Reply/Quote
Yes it is much better with the rookie salary structure in place. Could just be my bad memeory but it seems like the Bengals first round pick held out or had difficult negotiations more often than not.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 11:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Yes it is much better with the rookie salary structure in place.  Could just be my bad memeory but it seems like the Bengals first round pick held out or had difficult negotiations more often than not.

Yeah, and it hurt both the team and player in several cases.  Andre Smith was a big one.  Rivers was fairly late as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 11:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Yes it is much better with the rookie salary structure in place.  Could just be my bad memeory but it seems like the Bengals first round pick held out or had difficult negotiations more often than not.

And who can forget Ricky Hundley
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Let me guess their names from just looking at them from left to right....

Matt Lee, Cedric Johnson, McLachlan, McKinnley Jackson and Fig Newton  Mellow

close you missed by 1
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 12:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: close you missed by 1

Ah, who did I miss? Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 10:49 AM)seab0000 Wrote: And who can forget Ricky Hundley

I did.

You said "Ricky Hundley" and I"m like "Who?"

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
sixth-round pick Cedric Johnson is under contract

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 12:38 PM)pally Wrote: I do not miss the old days of "will he or won't he" sign before training camp

Ya know, I actually do kinda miss it.
It actually made May through July actually kind of somewhat interesting for the NFL.
This is the most boring time of year for NFL fans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Imagine what the 1OA would be getting paid now under the old structure. Definitely highest player in the league.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
So, the top 3 and All are what is left?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ah, who did I miss? Mellow

I didn’t see a reply so I’m gonna take a stab at it. From left to right. Matt Lee, Daijahn Anthony, Tanner McLachlan, McKinnley Jackson, Fig Newton.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Just Mims and Jenkins left.

I do not miss the signing of draft picks being stressful.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 07:29 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I didn’t see a reply so I’m gonna take a stab at it. From left to right. Matt Lee, Daijahn Anthony, Tanner McLachlan, McKinnley Jackson, Fig Newton.

You got the one he missed
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 04:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You got the one he missed

Yayyyy
Reply/Quote
Help me understand something. Why are we excited to see these guys signing? Isn't it pretty much a given they are going to sign? Can they go someplace else? 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2024, 11:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Help me understand something. Why are we excited to see these guys signing? Isn't it pretty much a given they are going to sign? Can they go someplace else? 

C'mon now! We're still getting over decades of holdouts. Overreacting to draft signings is a key step in our rehabilitation program lol
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2024, 11:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Help me understand something. Why are we excited to see these guys signing? Isn't it pretty much a given they are going to sign? Can they go someplace else? 

The quicker the signing, the quicker things can go ahead. Guys can still hold out if they wish
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote