Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 year old in NH survives being hung from tire swing in apparent hate crime
(09-14-2017, 02:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't mean to make light, but I am in the 1500's? 

When my dad was stationed in Europe in the mid 80's gypsie related crime was a not insignificant issue.  We lived off base in a small town and there was a gypsie camp on the outskirts, there was a fair amount of tension between the two groups.  As an aside, "gypsie" is now a no no word, in the UK they call the "travelers" now.
(09-15-2017, 12:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: When my dad was stationed in Europe in the mid 80's gypsie related crime was a not insignificant issue.  We lived off base in a small town and there was a gypsie camp on the outskirts, there was a fair amount of tension between the two groups.  As an aside, "gypsie" is now a no no word, in the UK they call the "travelers" now.

This is why I used Romani when I was referring to them. Though not all "travelers" are Romani, that is the ethnic group most associated with them.
(09-15-2017, 12:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: When my dad was stationed in Europe in the mid 80's gypsie related crime was a not insignificant issue.  We lived off base in a small town and there was a gypsie camp on the outskirts, there was a fair amount of tension between the two groups.  As an aside, "gypsie" is now a no no word, in the UK they call the "travelers" now.

(09-15-2017, 12:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is why I used Romani when I was referring to them. Though not all "travelers" are Romani, that is the ethnic group most associated with them.

They're quite common here on the East Coast. They live up here and go down South during the winter to pave driveways. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-15-2017, 01:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They're quite common here on the East Coast. They live up here and go down South during the winter to pave driveways. 

True story, my sister (who is ten years older than me) used to tease me by telling me "the gypsies are coming to get you!" I was very concerned about this from the ages of 3 to 5.