Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
84 MPG for $6,800. What do you think of Elio?
https://www.eliomotors.com/

Obviously would not work for a family car or probably not even long trips. But it could be the perfect commuter car.
Reply/Quote
Has it been safety tested by govt agencies ?
the link loads so slowly I may have missed it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting, but would the state of Ohio consider it a car or motorcycle
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Can't wait to see that crash rating. Wonder how it performs? I'll bet it really holds it's own, when jockeying for position on the Interstate...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: https://www.eliomotors.com/

Obviously would not work for a family car or probably not even long trips.  But it could be the perfect commuter car.

Over 50,000 have reserved them... any word on when they will actually stop tweaking prototypes and start making and selling them?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 07:46 PM)Storer50 Wrote: Interesting, but would the state of Ohio consider it a car or motorcycle

I'd think the makers would want it considered a car. Less hassle as most people already have a drivers license.

That said, will have to have bumpers if it's going to be considered a car. Dodge ran into the same problem after it made its prowler years ago.
Reply/Quote
The Polaris slingshot in Ohio requires a motorcycle permit. That could be the kiss of death. I have no interest in even getting a motorcycle license so these three wheelers are a no go for me.
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
At least it's kind of cool looking in its own way.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I think it's cool, but I'll stick to my Ford Fiesta.
I can squeeze 50 mpg highway and I'm sure it's far safer in a crash.
I can also haul 3 other people + cargo.
Reply/Quote
i love the idea of it.... but it looks less safe than a smart car.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can't wait to see that crash rating.  Wonder how it performs?  I'll bet it really holds it's own, when jockeying for position on the Interstate...

I bet it's an asbolute joy to drive between and next to a few semi's on the Interstate.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't take that on highways or probably anywhere with speeds over 50mph.  But in and around the city, especially urban areas, it probably makes good sense (for parking, too).
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
I would consider it like a motorcycle that you could use in cold weather or rain.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 05:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would consider it like a motorcycle that you could use in cold weather or rain.

Motorcycles are cool....I'd probably group this with mopeds
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Just my opinion, but a 4th wheel would look alright on it. Like others said, it could be used for close commutes in warm weather.
Reply/Quote