Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
86% of voters think Biden is too old for a 2nd term
The sooner we get a republican back in office, the sooner we can stop blaming people having money issues on Biden and get back to telling people to sell their fancy phones and quit buying avocado toast.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 08:45 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This, to me, is the most important part in all of this. I worry less about Trump the individual or Biden the individual than I do those around them. In Trump's first administration he was surround by people that helped temper him, they kept him from acting on those intrusive thoughts. We won't see that in a second Trump term. Instead of the GOP trying to surround him with their own they have now become the party of MAGA and have abandoned Republican principles.

What GOP principles have conservatives abandoned? Do you know exactly what GOP principles are today? Let me help you:

1. America first, take care of our own before we take care of illegal immigrants. Secure our border before we give over 100 billion dollars to another country to secure their border.
2. God before country
3. Life before death for a fetus who does not get a vote. Term limits on when a fetus can be aborted with health exceptions for the mother.
4. Low Taxes, less government.
5. Pro police and law enforcement. Dead against defund the police.
6. Democracy, against our DOJ being used for political persecution.
7. Fair elections by enforcing voter ID
8. Secure border, have no country without a secure border.

This. is off the top of my head of the current Trump GOP, yes the party has evolved and the old school GOP like McConnell, Bush Cheney and war mongers of. the past are the never Trumpers.

Help me out, has the Democratic party principles changed since Kennedy, Clinton and others? I have my opinion the party now puts the world first versus our own citizens. Shw us through policy of the DNC I am wrong.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 02:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Exactly how important are "single issue" voters?  Are they a sizeable voting block that reliably predict outcomes?  Not seeing inflation on that list has me thinking it's a bunch of bullshit.  

Not sure. I looked for "independent" voters but no studies immediately popped up. I think enthusiasm and/or concern among independents will determine this election. If people consider the threat to democracy posed by Trump as significant, I think turn out will be good. If people have become numb to Trump and just think he and Biden are essentially the same, then turn out will probably be down, in which case Trump has a significantly better shot.

Quote:Inflation is absolutely not down.  It's still far higher under Biden than it was under Trump.

Biden's average inflation rate is over double that of Trump's.  Saying inflation is down is like saying Biden produced jobs, when what really happened was an end to the pandemic lockdowns and boatloads of people returning to the workforce.  Saying inflation is down now is garbage propaganda, you're far too smart to buy that, or to be repeating it.

Coming out of the pandemic, we all knew inflation would be high, so they are down relative to 2021 and 2022. It's not propaganda. It's just what it is. Comparing Biden's term to Trump's term are apples to oranges. 

But your sentiment is correct in that people who would blame Biden for those high inflation numbers will definitely not be happy if they compare the inflation numbers from Biden's term to the inflation numbers from Trump's term.

My concern is not about whether Biden or Trump would have created a better inflation number as we recovered from the pandemic. That's dabbling in hypotheticals and imagination. My concern is the perception that Biden's inflation numbers will have on the voting public.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 04:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Not sure. I looked for "independent" voters but no studies immediately popped up. I think enthusiasm and/or concern among independents will determine this election. If people consider the threat to democracy posed by Trump as significant, I think turn out will be good. If people have become numb to Trump and just think he and Biden are essentially the same, then turn out will probably be down, in which case Trump has a significantly better shot.

When I see guns and democracy ahead of inflation on such a list it's gonna set off warning bells.  

Quote:Coming out of the pandemic, we all knew inflation would be high, so they are down relative to 2021 and 2022. It's not propaganda. It's just what it is. Comparing Biden's term to Trump's term are apples to oranges.

Yeah, down from the higher levels, but not down from Trump.  Hence saying they're down is deliberately misleading, regardless of why. 

Quote:But your sentiment is correct in that people who would blame Biden for those high inflation numbers will definitely not be happy if they compare the inflation numbers from Biden's term to the inflation numbers from Trump's term.

Which is pretty much everyone.

Quote:My concern is not about whether Biden or Trump would have created a better inflation number as we recovered from the pandemic. That's dabbling in hypotheticals and imagination. My concern is the perception that Biden's inflation numbers will have on the voting public.

Oh, mine as well.  Hence my being highly skeptical of the single issue voter poll and its relevance.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 04:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, down from the higher levels, but not down from Trump.  Hence saying they're down is deliberately misleading, regardless of why. 

I don't think it's misleading to say "inflation is down, we are trending towards a more normal inflation number after 2 years of insane inflation." You're inferring a second part of the sentence that no one is saying or believing. 
Quote:Which is pretty much everyone.

Perhaps. I think there could be a fair number of people who understood that inflation was up world wide as the world restarted following COVID. Inflation numbers were going to be high. Blaming Biden or thinking Trump would have done better if he were in the position is something people can certainly think, but it wouldn't have any basis. It would simply be a belief born from frustration.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 04:33 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote:  
I don't think it's misleading to say "inflation is down, we are trending towards a more normal inflation number after 2 years of insane inflation." You're inferring a second part of the sentence that no one is saying or believing.

No one is saying or believing?  Biden says it and believes it all the time.  So does his press secretary.  It's deliberate misinformation. 

Quote:Perhaps. I think there could be a fair number of people who understood that inflation was up world wide as the world restarted following COVID. Inflation numbers were going to be high. Blaming Biden or thinking Trump would have done better if he were in the position is something people can certainly think, but it wouldn't have any basis. It would simply be a belief born from frustration.

I think people believe what they see every day over more nebulous concepts.  And that goes for every facet of the political spectrum.  Here is an excerpt from an MSNBC segment.

This site won't allow a time stamp, so start at 5:51.  Also, I don't know anything about the channel, it's the only place I found on YouTube with part of this segment.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 05:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No one is saying or believing?  Biden says it and believes it all the time.  So does his press secretary.  It's deliberate misinformation. 

Biden and his press secretary have both said that inflation under Biden is now lower than it was under Trump? If so, I agree with you that that is deliberate misinformation. But I'd be surprised if they said anything so easily fact checked.

Quote:I think people believe what they see every day over more nebulous concepts.  And that goes for every facet of the political spectrum.  Here is an excerpt from an MSNBC segment.

This site won't allow a time stamp, so start at 5:51.  Also, I don't know anything about the channel, it's the only place I found on YouTube with part of this segment.

Yea, that clip isn't surprising at all. Trump has spent decades cultivating this persona of "money guy" and it persists to this day, even despite all the evidence to the contrary. 

It is and will continue to be the Democrat's biggest battle trying to prove that they are in fact good for the economy relative to the Republicans. But Republicans, oddly enough, never need to prove the efficacy of their policies. They're often just crowned as better for the economy despite being the leaders in multiple failed economic policies, such as trickle down economics and tax cuts for the wealthy.
Reply/Quote
You know what is really funny about this "terrible" economy is how all these red state governors during their State of the state addresses are bragging about how well their states are doing economically like the overall federal economy had nothing to do with their state's successes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 11:00 PM)pally Wrote: You know what is really funny about this "terrible" economy is how all these red state governors during their State of the state addresses are bragging about how well their states are doing economically like the overall federal economy had nothing to do with their state's successes

Politicians in DC vote against the very things they brag about when they go home.

The gop has no ethics, morals or soul.  Really nothing new about it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 11:00 PM)pally Wrote: You know what is really funny about this "terrible" economy is how all these red state governors during their State of the state addresses are bragging about how well their states are doing economically like the overall federal economy had nothing to do with their state's successes

California has a budget deficit of $68 billion for the upcoming fiscal year.

https://lao.ca.gov/Publications/Report/4819

California Faces a $68 Billion Deficit. Largely as a result of a severe revenue decline in 2022‑23, the state faces a serious budget deficit. Specifically, under the state’s current law and policy, we estimate the Legislature will need to solve a budget problem of $68 billion in the upcoming budget process.

What's the federal economy's role in that?

Reply/Quote
I have faith that like a miracle Biden's dementia and inflation will disappear very soon.
Reply/Quote
Lmao this guy, man.

https://x.com/GaryGrumbach/status/1757865778936754332?s=20
Reply/Quote

Please provide how the federal government has been the catalyst for economic success in red states. If they are, then why are blue states hemorrhaging money with all that federal help?

California has a massive deficit, but according to your assumptions, they should have a healthy surplus of cash.

I told my children a long time ago. It is not solely your income that helps you become wealthy, it is your budgeting skills to learn to live on whatever income you have. Then work hard and continue to manage your money well with a solid budget and great discipline as your income grows. Just because your income grows does not mean you have to grow your expenses. Never charge anything on a credit card you can't pay off in full at the end of the month.Invest in your vehicle's maintenance so the vehicle will last longer and have more value when you sell it or trade it in.

These are just some basic conservative principles I was taught by my parents who had 7 children and we lived in a 3 bedroom house my entire childhood. We were closer to lower class than middle class, but all of us felt like we had everything we needed. I got married very early in life, started my marriage in debt due to doctor and hospital bills. But, my wife and I worked hard, at times I worked 2 jobs or I had side jobs like being a football, basketball and soccer ref as well as an umpire in baseball.

I wish every person learned the importance of a balanced budget, understood patience and not leaving above their means. I think the US is the same day. The American dream is very much alive, but it takes persistence, hard work for many years and some cases decades, but it is alive.

I share my story not because I am better than anyone else. I am not smarter than most in this forum. In spite of my lack of education, I have been blessed by God to have a hard work ethic, I wish the leaders in all levels of government had learned and applied basic fiscal responsibility, if so our country would not be drowning in debt, both sides of the aisle are guilty.

We all need to help our leaders understand. Politicians use us as pawns. That have us fighting on party lines. The latest is the ask at first of 110 billion to fund 2 wars mostly, with a little bit of it 14 billion to improve the asylum process. All of us should be sending messages to our leaders to stop the spending, our budget can't afford it. But instead we line up against each other and the politicians get a free pass to waste our tax money.

Since we are in a hole it will be painful to dig out of it. But, if and when we decide tonot leave a heavy financial burden on our children and their children, it will be business as usual, government wasting money and placing blame on each other.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote