Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
911 Operator
Woman hung up on thousands of 911 calls as an operator.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/houston-911-operator-accused-of-hanging-up-on-1000s-of-calls/ar-AAiUeK4?OCID=ansmsnnews11

- - - - -
"In one incident, Williams hung up on a caller reporting a robbery in progress at a convenience store. The man called back and spoke to a different operator, but by the time police arrived, the store manager was fatally shot."
- - - - -
A security guard called 911 on March 13 to report two motorists driving recklessly at high speed on a Houston freeway. Police said Williams was the 911 operator and cut short the call before the caller could provide his name.

According to a recording of the call, Williams hung up then said: "Ain't nobody got time for this. For real."
- - - - -
"The 911 operator answered the phone, and she said, 'This is Crenshanda, may I help you?'" Pendley recalled. He told her his wife had passed out and needed an ambulance, the operator said OK then hung up.
- - - - - -

Worst part of this story? She's only being charged with two counts of Interference With An Emergency Call. If convicted, she faces up to 1 year in prison and $4,000 fine per count.

So worst case scenario (for her, best case for society), she goes to jail for 2 years and is fined $8k for hanging up on thousands of people calling 911.

This is crazy. How is her punishment so light? Maybe that store manager survives if she does her job instead of hanging up. More importantly, how little empathy do you have to have in order to be capable of doing that? Woman needs to be tested for being a sociopath.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
White privilege at it's worst!!! Ninja oh wait...

But in all seriousness, this lady is scum and deserves much worse.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
How did this go on long enough for her to hang up on thousands of callers.

There had to be tons of complaints.
(10-13-2016, 07:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How did this go on long enough for her to hang up on thousands of callers.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe some people didn't report because they didn't want to be accused of being racist.

I could be wrong, but I hear there's an epidemic of such a thing.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
2 things:

This has absolutely nothing to do with race

The maximum sentence is far to lenient.

If I were the Judge and found guilty. I would sentence her to about 10 years and hand her a phone. Tell her to dial 911 to get it reduced.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-13-2016, 07:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How did this go on long enough for her to hang up on thousands of callers.

There were. Unfortunately, she also answered the phone for the complaint department.

Seriously, though, there should be some type of criminal negligence applied here.
Even if she is protected from harsh criminal penalties I wonder if some people have civil claims against her for negligence.

I also wonder if she would be protected from civil liability because she was a government employee.
(10-14-2016, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if she is protected from harsh criminal penalties I wonder if some people have civil claims against her for negligence.

I also wonder if she would be protected from civil liability because she was a government employee.

I don't know the specifics in this jurisdiction, but my understanding is that protections as a public employee only extend if you are following policies and procedures.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-14-2016, 11:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know the specifics in this jurisdiction, but my understanding is that protections as a public employee only extend if you are following policies and procedures.

That is the way it is supposed to work, but I have seen cases where it seemed people were protected for outrageous behavior.
This woman was clearly beyond hope, but I have to wonder if any sane people knew this was going on.
She said sometimes she doesn't feel like talking to people. Like you're all perfect. I wonder if she may have some mental issues.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-18-2016, 05:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: She said sometimes she doesn't feel like talking to people.  Like you're all perfect.  I wonder if she may have some mental issues.

She clearly does have issues to think that is a justification for not helping someone who called 911.  This is why I have to wonder why any of the not crazy people who knew of this just let it go for so long.