Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
95% chance Marvin returns as Head Coach - just has to get back on "same page" as Mike
(01-02-2018, 04:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A lot of tension in here today?

Yeah, thought it was going to be an exciting Offseason. This bringing back Marv talk really throws all of that away.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 04:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A lot of tension in here today?

Yep - To many people on the Board, Marvin is like that unemployed Uncle that moved in on the couch for "a day or two" and now no one in the house can get him to leave.

The family talks about it right in front of him and he still won't leave.

Then family members are at each other's throats if his name is even mentioned.

He empties the Fridge, won't pick up after himself, breaks appliances around the house and needs rides everywhere in town. Plus spending cash.

People thought a New Head Coach was coming (uncle leaving house) but all signs point to more couch time.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Same page, same 2nd half meltdowns.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree with this and if my previous statement implied otherwise, I apologize.
I think where the control comes in is roster and assistant coach decisions.
I think we can all agree that there have been some head scratcher decisions when it came to player and coaching personnel.
With that said, it's Marvin's responsibility at that point to work with what he's been given.

My apologies, we do agree.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would bet about anyone would do better than Marv even if they had less control.

That is how bad of a HC Marvin Lewis is, and he has just gotten worse.

I would take Simmons, Paulie G, Lazor or even Urban over Marvin.

For him to stick his nose in the Offensive playcalling is beyond stupid.

Just stick to what you know. Is this too much to ask? The results are written in stone.
I agree with everything! I have to ask though, what does he know? I still contend Paulie G has been thrown under the bus. This defense the last 2 years has Marvin's "wussified" mark on it.
Reply/Quote
If Marvin stays their will remain 4 tiers for this division. Tier 1 Steelers Tier 2 Ravens Tier 3 Bengals Tier 4 Browns. I felt replacing Marvin would have put us in tier 2 category at minimum.
Reply/Quote
If Marv stays, Browns will pass us in two years. They may even be playoff-caliber while we sink to the bottom.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 06:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

That doesn't sound like it's going to go the way we want it to......
Reply/Quote
Assistants told to come back tomorrow because the Brown office closes at 5. All other teams work far longer to get these situations resolved.

Urgency just isn't in the Browns blood.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

This pathetic organization has no Pride. Mediocrity continues to be the goal. If no changes are made, games need to be played in an empty stadium. PERIOD!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 06:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Assistants told to come back tomorrow because the Brown office closes at 5. All other teams work far longer to get these situations resolved.

Office closes at 5:00 pm

Mike home by 6:00 pm

Dinner at 6:30 pm

Metamucil at 7:00 pm

In jammies at 7:30 pm

Tucked in at 8:00 pm

Numerous potty trips through the night  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Sucks to be the assistants.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 06:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That doesn't sound like it's going to go the way we want it to......

You can't make this shit up. They are trying to work out a deal to bring back a coach who has failed in 15 years and 7 chances to win a single playoff game and is only 68-89 versus AFC teams not from Cleveland (counting the PO's) in his career.
Reply/Quote

This is becoming ridiculous. I am pretty sure every other organization that has moved on from their coach, already has at least 2 interviews set up. And we need to move on the most out of ALL of these organizations.

We have every right to be mad. Idc what anyone says.
Reply/Quote
Assistants just hanging around because no one else in the league wants them. Sad!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
As if I needed further proof that I'm a diehard fan of an utter ***** joke of a franchise.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 06:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Assistants told to come back tomorrow because the Brown office closes at 5. All other teams work far longer to get these situations resolved.

Urgency costs money, the longer they wait the cheaper the options will be. It’s the same principle they apply to free agency. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 05:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree with everything! I have to ask though, what does he know? I still contend Paulie G has been thrown under the bus. This defense the last 2 years has Marvin's "wussified" mark on it.

Yeah seems like Marv knows less than ever.

He used to know Defense a bit, but you are right it is even a bit unfair to judge Paulie G with what is going on.

(01-02-2018, 06:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
You can't make this shit up. They are trying to work out a deal to bring back a coach who has failed in 15 years and 7 chances to win a single playoff game and is only 68-89 versus AFC teams not from Cleveland (counting the PO's) in his career.

Sick

I thought at the very least Paulie G would be the next coach, he deserves it more than Marv getting another chance.

We know what will happen with Marv, maybe we make the Playoffs, but it will always be one and done with him.

What the hell is the point if we don't even try something different. This isn't working.
Reply/Quote