Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
A Bengals Positive, for a change
My wife and I were at Carlo and Johnny last night. I was outside on the phone, Carlos Dunlap walked in and I asked if he would go say hi to my wife as he is her favorite plater. He went in, took a picture, wished her a happy birthday and gave her the necklace he was wearing. It meant something to the effect of seeing good and keeping out bad.

Super class act and good guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's really cool!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:47 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: My wife and I were at Carlo and Johnny last night.  I was outside on the phone, Carlos Dunlap walked in and I asked if he would go say hi to my wife as he is her favorite plater. He went in, took a picture, wished her a happy birthday and gave her the necklace he was wearing. It meant something to the effect of seeing good and keeping out bad.

Great story.
It's kind of unfortunate how little it gets noticed with how many of these guys are within their communities and just being genuine good people.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
A Bengals positive?

This will barely make a page. Bump to help some.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
you feel bad for some of the players to have to go thru a season like this..
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:47 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: My wife and I were at Carlo and Johnny last night.  I was outside on the phone, Carlos Dunlap walked in and I asked if he would go say hi to my wife as he is her favorite plater. He went in, took a picture, wished her a happy birthday and gave her the necklace he was wearing. It meant something to the effect of seeing good and keeping out bad.

Bravo...Carlos seems a great guy and seems to support community stuff too.

Hell of a productive player over the years too
Reply/Quote
Good stuff
Reply/Quote
I don't think I'd recognize a lot of the players. I'd know AJ and Andy. Probably Gio, and I'd know Hubbard because my daughter went to grade school with him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Very cool. What a nice birthday for your wife. Dinner at Carlo and Johnny, most excellent, and then getting to meet her favorite player for pictures and he gave her his necklace. It is something you both will remember for a long time. During this depressing time when it comes to being Bengals fans it's good to see stories like this.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Pretty cool... If I remember right, Carlos had a couple red flags surrounding him coming out of Florida. It may have been little things like practice habits and work ethic, but he's really grown up in Cincinnati.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sweet ! Carlos Dunlap has been one of my favorite Bengals over last several seasons. As this proves he's one of the good guys.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:37 PM)jason Wrote: Pretty cool... If I remember right, Carlos had a couple red flags surrounding him coming out of Florida. It may have been little things like practice habits and work ethic, but he's really grown up in Cincinnati.

It was never his practice habits or character. He made a really bad decision the week before the SEC Championship Game his SR year. Drank too much, got behind the wheel and passed out in the car. No one was hurt and it was the only off-color incident he had his entire time at UF. He and Reggie Nelson are my all time fave Bungles. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:59 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It was never his practice habits or character. He made a really bad decision the week before the SEC Championship Game his SR year. Drank too much, got behind the wheel and passed out in the car. No one was hurt and it was the only off-color incident he had his entire time at UF. He and Reggie Nelson are my all time fave Bungles. 

I couldn't remember... I knew it wasn't much of anything. I do seem to remember the excuse for starting Geathers over him had something to do with practice.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Not at the table, Carlos.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I’ve never been one that puts players, musicians or celebrities on a pedestal. I’ve always thought that it is so weird to want an autograph from another human being. Having said that, it was very cool of him to be level headed and friendly while on that pedestal that people place them on. A lot of celebrities act like gods because people treat them like gods so they start to believe it. Anyways, he sounds like a good dude.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you feel bad for some of the players to have to go thru a season like this..

Jewelry should have gone the other way. Such as a ring. I'm just saying this team ain't getting a SB ring anytime soon. The only way the players will get one is if the fans buy them one. 
Reply/Quote

Cool story man, always liked Carlos off the field. Stand up fella and one of the most disruptive Ends in the League. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

I took my entire family, wife, 3 kids and 9 grandkids to Newport on the Levy for dinner and to play games in December a few years ago. Carlos and a couple of Bengals players were there doing something with some younger kids it appeared. We did not want to bother him, but he also is was of my favorites. We saw him alone and approached him. He was a class act. I told him we were celebrating my wife's birthday. He said bring them over and let's get some pics.  

I was 100% impressed, seemed like a man of character off the field as well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
In a day and age when sports icons like LeBron James farts on fans for asking for his autograph, it's truly refreshing to know that there are still some pro athletes like Carlos that have a genuine heart and truly enjoy interacting with the fans.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Contrast this with LeBron Jame's handling an impromptu request this last week by fans, he farted out loud and left.
One time I was leaving the LA Lakers Forum after an afternoon game and I ran right into Denzel Washington in the VIP parking lot.  A few of us asked for his autograph and he blew us off without a word.  Not condemning him or upset with him, he did what was right for him.

But you learn something when you catch high profile people off guard in public and see what they do.   Props to Dunlop.
Reply/Quote