Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron
(01-07-2016, 11:36 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: The closer we get to this game the more I think we're gonna win.

I'm feeling the same way. I'm not sure why, just a gut feeling.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dear Geno and Carlos,

We need the game of your lives from you, wreak havoc every play, every down!! Only chance the Bengals have is for you guys  to make Big Jen feel like he is a hot young lady trying to get away from a big ugly in a bathroom stall!!!!

Forget what the hell Marvin is talkin about he don't know how to hype you guys for a game like this. Hype yourself, read the history, pump the music, and take your destiny into you own hands!!!! You got this!!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 11:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm feeling the same way. I'm not sure why, just a gut feeling.

The closer we get to this game, the harder it is to keep my pants on.

Shopping at Costco tomorrow is going to be very awkward.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:16 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The closer we get to this game, the harder it is to keep my pants on.

Shopping at Costco tomorrow is going to be very awkward.

Go to Wal-Mart instead. You'll blend right in. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 11:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm feeling the same way. I'm not sure why, just a gut feeling.

I've got that feeling too.
These teams no each other so well.
They both hate one another.
They are down 2 running backs.
We are down Dalton.
 So many variables it has to come down to overall talent. And that is that we have more of. Players have to play up to their own capabilities.
 If we do we win. Rock On It's that simple.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The fact that so many of us are having a "gut feeling" that the Bengals will win is a huge sign that it is a foregone conclusion and we are all picking up on the energy of it that the universe is putting out there. Feel the positive vibes, let them flow through you, pass them on to others, and refuse to doubt, even when the Bengals look to be in trouble. The win is inevitable in the end!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 10:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Backup QB's Who Have Won Playoff Games:

- Franck Reich
- Jeff Hostetler
- Trent Dilfer
- TJ Yates
- Mike Tomczak
- Tommy Maddox

A Couple More Backup QB's, Who Not Only Won Playoff Games, But Became Legitimate Stars:

- Tom Brady
- Kurt Warner

Absolute Turd Sandwiches Who Have Also Won Playoff Games:

- Mark Sanchez
- Early Joe Flacco
- Rob Johnson
- Rex Grossman
- Tim Tebow
- Rodney Pete
- Jay Schroeder

And these are just a collection of backups, scrubs and noodle arms that I came up with off the top of my head.  I'm sure there's a lot, lot more.  And if we were to include any and all NFL games, then the list would be almost endless.  We could have a discussion of how teams win with the Ryan Lindley's and Matt Flynn's of the world, all of the time in this league.

The fact is AJ McCarron is currently sitting on a 95 QB rating.  The fact is teams have won with worse.  The fact is we'll be playing at home.  And the fact is, if this team is anywhere near the caliber many of us think they are, there should be absolutely no reason why they can't go out there and bring home a W against the Jets or the Steelers.

It's all right there for the taking.  Having a guy who has two full regular seasons under his belt in the same scheme, who now has a number of starts, who also happens to be a two time National Champion, who is sporting a 90+ rating if far from being at a tremendous disadvantage.  Hell, against the Jets you could probably make the case both teams have a similar caliber starting QB.

LET'S FINALLY GET IT DONE, BENGALS!!!!  Tiger

I agree.  It's just really hard to have confidence in a Marvin Lewis coached team that is missing it's starting qb.  I've long been under the impression that Lewis just isn't the caliber of coach that can scheme and manage and manipulate a team into getting a win in the playoffs without optimal conditions I.e. a complete team who's talent prevails in spite of Lewis' lack of coaching powess.  With Dalton out, I'm not confident at all.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Please don't drag our mood down.
Reply/Quote
I am more antsy not calm that we're going to win. My reasoning is we just lost to them with AJM basically at the helm. We're all banking that AJM has learned something since that game.

I would say he just can't turn the ball over, but still play his normal game. He almost beat Denver; he can beat Pittsburgh, he must, and he will, and that will not be the only game the Bengals win this post season if so. They have waited too damn long. AJ Green is going to go off.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Here's the thing that I believe is the entire key to the game, play football !

If we come out and get into the normal pissing contest with them, seeing who can swell up the most, talking all kinds of trash and playing into their game - we lose.

And make no mistake they're going to do everything in their power to get into a pissing contest. They know if they get in the Bengals heads and rattle them they'll win. The penalties start, the delay of games start, the turnovers etc.

We have to stop letting them do it to us, ignore what they say, play between the whistles no matter what !

If we can do this I like our chances. If we come out and do the high school puffing up crap.....we lose.

I'm not saying back down and play soft. Knock the hell out of em between the whistles. But do nothing else after or before the play.
Reply/Quote
We need to god damn crush them. They can't cover green. Force them to double green. If not he needs to go off for 200 yards and make a statement.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 04:07 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: With Dalton out, I'm not confident at all.

*It don't take a rocket appliance to see that Andy Dalton shits the hedge in the playoffs.*

Confused Tongue
Reply/Quote
Are any of the rest of you restless and anxious like I am? All day I've been pacing, distracted, and totally detached. I can't concentrate on homework, I couldn't eat lunch, and we're all going out to a birthday dinner before the game; I even enjoyed being in line wearing my Andy Dalton jersey at the local BMV to renew my license plate tag.

The Bengals have to win this game, no ifs, ands, or buts.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 04:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We need to god damn crush them. They can't cover green. Force them to double green. If not he needs to go off for 200 yards and make a statement.

You're absolutely right.  This can't be a close win; it has to be an intense crushing of Old Testament proportions.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You're absolutely right.  This can't be a close win; it has to be an intense crushing of Old Testament proportions.  

A mudhole stomp or a FG as time expires for the 1 point win. I don't care which way it happens.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: A mudhole stomp or a FG as time expires for the 1 point win. I don't care which way it happens.

I do understand, Beaker, I really do -- but it's the Steelers.  I want to see their fans using those Terrible Towels to soak up all their Iron City-flavored tears.
Reply/Quote