Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A. Dalton is 6th in accuracy
Would anyone have guessed the 5 above him?

1 Sam Bradford, QB MIN 70.4 990
2 Matthew Stafford, QB DET 68.9 1,648
3 Brian Hoyer, QB CHI 68.8 1,396
4 Dak Prescott, QB DAL 68.7 1,486
5 Matt Ryan, QB ATL 68.1 2,075
6 Andy Dalton, QB CIN 67.4 1,757
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 02:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Would anyone have guessed the 5 above him?

1 Sam Bradford, QB MIN 70.4 990
2 Matthew Stafford, QB DET 68.9 1,648
3 Brian Hoyer, QB        CHI 68.8 1,396
4 Dak Prescott, QB DAL  68.7 1,486
5 Matt Ryan, QB        ATL 68.1 2,075
6 Andy Dalton, QB        CIN 67.4 1,757

Good post! Bradford and Stafford don't surprise me too much, especially Stafford. And look how many more yards Stafford has than Bradford. That is impressive, although YAC could distort that I guess...

Hoyer - that name surprises the hell out of me, as does Matt Ryan. I really thought his best years may be behind him already.

I did say in preseason if Romo got hurt it could be the best thing that ever happened to Dallas, ala Bledsoe and Brady in NE. About two days later Romo broke his back, and I felt like a Svengali. And that comment just makes me look smarter every week.

Only surprise about Andy is that he is not higher on the list. But, everyone here knows he sucks. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have the 29th ranked offense, it's redzone.

Ryan has 15 TDs, Andy with only 6.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 03:52 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bengals have the 29th ranked offense, it's redzone.

Ryan has 15 TDs, Andy with only 6.

And Ryan as legit coaches... I don't think the same could be said about Dalton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 04:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: And Ryan as legit coaches... I don't think the same could be said about Dalton.

One could argue it helps Ninja
Reply/Quote
He's 6th on this list, but 1st in our hearts.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure most of not all of the 5 head of Andy get better pass protection.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 04:38 PM)jason Wrote: He's 6th on this list, but 1st in our hearts.

Wub
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 05:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm pretty sure most of not all of the 5 head of Andy get better pass protection.

I wonder what the %s would be if you counted drops as completions
Reply/Quote
Dalton is also 5th in possibly my favorite passing stat: Yards per Attempt.

This shows that the high completion % isn't phony. He's pushing the ball down field more than most.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 08:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton is also 5th in possibly my favorite passing stat: Yards per Attempt.

This shows that the high completion % isn't phony. He's pushing the ball down field more than most.

Nonsense.  You've read it here also, we don't take deep shots.  And don't let the fact that only Matt Ryan has more completions of 20+ yards fool you!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 04:38 PM)jason Wrote: He's 6th on this list, but 1st in our hearts.

Awww... I love him too. Took awhile for him to earn his recognition and a few years ago I doubted his worth. He has earned the respect of the doubters.

Reply/Quote
Passing stats are rising dramaticall.

In Dalton's rookie season the #10 ranked QB had a 90.1 passer rating. This year that same rating would rank 20th.

Right now a 99 rating would rank 10th on the league. In 2011 it would have been the 5th best.
Reply/Quote
The press would spin this as it's because of our elite offensive line.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Passing stats are rising dramaticall.

In Dalton's rookie season the #10 ranked QB had a 90.1 passer rating.  This year that same rating would rank 20th.  

Right now a 99 rating would rank 10th on the league.  In 2011 it would have been the 5th best.

There was a push years ago to improve offense, I think the pendulum has swung too far and they need to re empower the defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 10:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: There was a push years ago to improve offense, I think the pendulum has swung too far and they need to re empower the defense.

I don't disagree, but don't see it happening.  Passing and scoring touchdowns generate excitement, kind of like home runs in baseball.  It attracts new fans and helps to raise revenue.  Then throw in the added emphasis on player safety, and this is an offensive driven league.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 11:07 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't disagree, but don't see it happening.  Passing and scoring touchdowns generate excitement, kind of like home runs in baseball.  It attracts new fans and helps to raise revenue.  Then throw in the added emphasis on player safety, and this is an offensive driven league.

You can have both really. One of the reasons offense is up is the advent of these spread offenses that rely on screens with illegal downfield blocking before the ball arrives, and pick plays. Both of these types of plays are illegal but very rarely called. Call them as they should and I think you see a shift back to more conventional play calling, but it will take games where the 80% of the time these played are run illegally they actually get flagged for this to happen.

Player safety is a straw man for everything today. The changes that need to be made to empower the defense don't put anyone's health in danger.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Passing stats are rising dramaticall.

In Dalton's rookie season the #10 ranked QB had a 90.1 passer rating.  This year that same rating would rank 20th.  

Right now a 99 rating would rank 10th on the league.  In 2011 it would have been the 5th best.

Wow, that's pretty eye opening.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 10:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: There was a push years ago to improve offense, I think the pendulum has swung too far and they need to re empower the defense.

(10-21-2016, 11:07 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't disagree, but don't see it happening.  Passing and scoring touchdowns generate excitement, kind of like home runs in baseball.  It attracts new fans and helps to raise revenue.  Then throw in the added emphasis on player safety, and this is an offensive driven league.

The rules have been changed and the offense has been given an advantage.  But as long as it does not continue I don't think it has gotten out of control.  There are still NFL teams that can win with defense.

College football is another story.  Defense in college is becoming a joke.  There are always going to be college games that are more lopsided where the better team runs up a big score, but now it is not uncommon for two good teams to play each other and both score in the high 40's or 50's.  Just look at last years championship game.  Alabama's vaunted defense allowed over 500 yards and 30 first downs and still won.  that is just ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 11:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The rules have been changed and the offense has been given an advantage.  But as long as it does not continue I don't think it has gotten out of control.  There are still NFL teams that can win with defense.

College football is another story.  Defense in college is becoming a joke.  There are always going to be college games that are more lopsided where the better team runs up a big score, but now it is not uncommon for two good teams to play each other and both score in the high 40's or 50's.

I don't think it is out of control, just think some of the ticky tack stuff could go away.  Sometimes the pass interference and/or defensive holding seems a little over the top.  Offense generates excitement for the great bulk of fans, and especially for new fans they are trying to attract.  It's just the way it works.
Reply/Quote