Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Football Life: Chad Johnson
Here is a trailer of Chad Johnsons new "A Football Life"
http://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2016/9/27/13079662/a-football-life-chad-johnson-september-30-trailer-nfl-network?client=safari

If you are not sure what "A Football Life" is, it is a show where they put documentaries of football players, kind of like 30 for 30 but for only Football.

I advise everyone to tune in Friday night at 9pm EST. Not only was he a great reciever at the time, he was definitely a HUGE part of this Bengals team.

What a great personality as well.

He is definitely missed, and had a great impact on the game.
Reply/Quote
His gold jacket HOF class of 20?? is such a cringeworthy stunt in retrospect. I'll more than likely record the program though.
Reply/Quote
A 30 for 30 about Chad Johnson? Don't they know he wasn't any good and nobody cares about that guy? Just ask half the people on here. Mellow

Maybe they should make a 30 for 30 about Isaac Curtis instead.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
A playoff win....at least just one would positively increase "appreciation". At least an Isaac Curtis football life would show Ike celebrating PLAYOFF VICTORIES !
Reply/Quote
Meh, Chad became a nuisance and a joke. **** that dude.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 04:32 PM)John Shaft Wrote: A playoff win....at least just one would positively increase "appreciation". At least an Isaac Curtis football life would show Ike celebrating PLAYOFF VICTORIES !

The Bengals have 5 total playoff victories across 48 seasons, all of which came in 2 seasons. That's a lot of great players going unappreciated. Well I guess if you weren't on the '81 or '88 teams, then phooey on you!
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 10:52 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A 30 for 30 about Chad Johnson? Don't they know he wasn't any good and nobody cares about that guy? Just ask half the people on here.  Mellow

Maybe they should make a 30 for 30 about Isaac Curtis instead.

This is good stuff Hilarious
Reply/Quote
God I forgot how good he was. Some of those routes he ran in that video are just disgusting.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Heard Rex Ryan already set it to record on his DVR.

Those feet!

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
In all seriousness though, I'm proud to see the first Bengals player featured on this amazing show. The preview got me pretty pumped. High praise from guys like Belichick, Ray Lewis and Palmer. Chad continues to put the Bengals on the map. Even in retirement.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 05:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: God I forgot how good he was. Some of those routes he ran in that video are just disgusting.

I really wish he would have stayed Chad Johnson.  I always felt like once "Ochocinco" showed up that he went down hill.  He got caught up in reality television and all the dating shows.  If he just could have stayed focused on football, who knows what could have been... I hoped he would last with New England and get a ring or two.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 05:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Bengals have 5 total playoff victories across 48 seasons, all of which came in 2 seasons. That's a lot of great players going unappreciated. Well I guess if you weren't on the '81 or '88 teams, then phooey on you!

Well Boomer and Cris obviously hate us now so nuts to them, too.  Munoz and Anderson...who went to the Steelers to win a ring (ouch) are about the only players we still like, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll be watching.

"A Football Liffe" has been on for a few years now and it wasn't until recently that they did one on Paul Brown, which I watched and enjoyed.

I remember when the show first aired and was thinking "Tebow? REALLY? TE...BOW?"
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 05:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Bengals have 5 total playoff victories across 48 seasons, all of which came in 2 seasons. That's a lot of great players going unappreciated. Well I guess if you weren't on the '81 or '88 teams, then phooey on you!

I wish they came in 2 seasons!
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 09:22 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: I wish they came in 2 seasons!

I wish there were more than 5 total wins. I think the Steelers have like 50 playoff wins. Yet here I am in my 24th season as a Bengals fan, and I'm still waiting to see playoff game win #1.
Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer to Chad Johnson.

Ken Anderson to Isaac Curtis.

Andy Dalton to AJ Green.

Just amazing. Timeless. Classic.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 10:11 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Carson Palmer to Chad Johnson.

Ken Anderson to Isaac Curtis.

Andy Dalton to AJ Green.

Just amazing.  Timeless.  Classic.

Why'd you leave off the legendary pairing of Akili Smith to Peter Warrick?    Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 09:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wish there were more than 5 total wins. I think the Steelers have like 50 playoff wins. Yet here I am in my 24th season as a Bengals fan, and I'm still waiting to see playoff game win #1.
Oh come on... You saw one last year.

It's just that normally that feeling lasts longer than 90 seconds.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Nobody made sideline catches like Chad. Will watch this for sure!
Reply/Quote
Definitely going to check this out.

I was a big fan of Chad Johnson. Ochocinco...not so much.

Reply/Quote