Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.J. Agrees To Extension
(09-11-2015, 02:34 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Correct. Basically he's going to average $14.035 million a year (including 5th year option).

Blackburn, you've done it again, you magnificent lady
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Awesome. That's an amazing deal then! I wonder what his guarantee money will be.

Haven't seen anything yet. Seems they wanted to give more money now than guaranteed money. Allows them cap space in the future.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Awesome. That's an amazing deal then! I wonder what his guarantee money will be.

Well the Tweet you quoted said lower guarantee was made up by a lot of first year money, so I'm guessing it's not quite the $45-ish million that the other deals saw.

I'd take a guess and say $30 mil?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So he won't hit the cap as hard in future years? That's a good thing considering we will need to sign some important pieces during the offseason.

Bengals are one of the best, if not the best FO in football managing the cap since 2011 (new CBA and the rules changed)

This is another example of using cap dollars and cash wisely to keep th key ingredients together

Can we now stop all of the lies that AJ does not want to play with Dalton and the Bengals and why he had not signed a 2nd contract? It is time to stop that silliness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:37 PM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: Blackburn, you've done it again, you magnificent lady

Seems like a great hometown discount. Especially while looking at other contracts.
Reply/Quote
Its basically the Jones deal but 2015, not 2016, counts as Year 1 and the Bengals are providing a large guarantee up front to offset the fact that the deal is technically a year shorter than the others.
Reply/Quote
[Image: anchorman.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:37 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Well the Tweet you quoted said lower guarantee was made up by a lot of first year money, so I'm guessing it's not quite the $45-ish million that the other deals saw.

I'd take a guess and say $30 mil?

Wouldn't surprise me honestly. And that's not a bad price either, especially early on. We have cap space now so this helps the team later down the line with signing other players. IE: Iloka and Kirkpatrick
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:39 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Its basically the Jones deal but 2015, not 2016, counts as Year 1 and the Bengals are providing a large guarantee up front to offset the fact that the deal is technically a year shorter than the others.

I think they paid him more bonus or 2015 salary money upfront thus taking more of the cap hit in 2015.

We had 17 million plus. AJ already was a part of the cap for 10 million. So, My guess he is now 15 to 20 million to the cap in 2015, thus his cap hit in future years will be a whole lot less than 15 million on average in years 2 to 4 of his contract

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:40 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me honestly. And that's not a bad price either, especially early on. We have cap space now so this helps the team later down the line with signing other players. IE: Iloka and Kirkpatrick

Iloka, Kirkpatrick, and Whit/Smith (can see us letting 1 walk and keeping the other) alone will cost a pretty penny next offseason.

We have a bunch of contracts coming off the books. The Bengals will have plenty of cash to go around, but this being a big front loaded deal is still just fantastic news.
Reply/Quote
Good for Green and the Bengals. Props to the Front Office.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Think me and you posted at the same time lol but it is 4 years for 60 million
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Does anyone else expect Green to just ball out Sunday now? Raiders better watch out!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:45 PM)Trademark Wrote: Think me and you posted at the same time lol but it is 4 years for 60 million

It's an extension though, so you add in this year too.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:42 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Iloka, Kirkpatrick, and Whit/Smith (can see us letting 1 walk and keeping the other) alone will cost a pretty penny next offseason.

We have a bunch of contracts coming off the books. The Bengals will have plenty of cash to go around, but this being a big front loaded deal is still just fantastic news.

I have a feeling kirks gonna do some great things this year, get him signed before his price shoots up dramatically.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:42 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Iloka, Kirkpatrick, and Whit/Smith (can see us letting 1 walk and keeping the other) alone will cost a pretty penny next offseason.

Iloka and Whit are the priorities between January and early March.  Smith will be replaced by Fisher IMO and Kirkpatrick is under contract for 2016, albeit at a fairly high cap number.
Reply/Quote
POW!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:35 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah we need to get Iloka done and at least one of the tackles hitting FA, and that could cost a bit.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but since this is a contract extension, this means we have him for 5 years, $70 million total now. I don't think that's too crazy for a player of his caliber. Good deal on both ends, I'd say.

That is what I was trying to figure out.

It says through 2019 which is 5 years
He was under contract for 10 million in 2015, so I would say he is getting 70 million over 5 years.

Of course, they can structure it for more to hit the cap in 2015, thus reducing the cap hit in years 2-5 of the contract

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 03:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is what I was trying to figure out.

It says through 2019 which is 5 years
He was under contract for 10 million in 2015, so I would say he is getting 70 million over 5 years.

Of course, they can structure it for more to hit the cap in 2015, thus reducing the cap hit in years 2-5 of the contract

they said they up'd his first year money to make up for lesser gaurenteed amounts...

So would that be this year or the first year of the extenstion which is next year.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:46 PM)Bengal Jells Wrote: I have a feeling kirks gonna do some great things this year, get him signed before his price shoots up dramatically.

well for kirk we already got him locked down for next year but on the 5th year option i believe. same with Big Z
Reply/Quote