Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.J. Agrees To Extension
Alright! Can't think of anyone on our roster that deserves it more. Congrats to AJ!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Does anyone else expect Green to just ball out Sunday now? Raiders better watch out!

I would think he's going to be more focused (?) now that he's got this behind him.  Hope he tears it up big time, he's my WR1 on my fantasy team.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals are one of the best, if not the best FO in football managing the cap since 2011 (new CBA and the rules changed)

This is another example of using cap dollars and cash wisely to keep th key ingredients together

Can we now stop all of the lies that AJ does not want to play with Dalton and the Bengals and why he had not signed a 2nd contract? It is time to stop that silliness.

Totally agree.  The Bengals have been excellent at managing the salary cap.  There always used to be the old axiom that MB was a good businessman but not a good football man.  Maybe that is starting to pay off because in the NFL money management is critical to team longevity.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:45 PM)Trademark Wrote: Think me and you posted at the same time lol but it is 4 years for 60 million

COMMENCE THE MERGE!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I am happy with what the front office got him extended for. The next on my list to get resigned would definitely be Iloka because we need him in our secondary and it would be nice to get Whit extended after that because I think he is more valuable than Andre Smith is. I think these are the most important to do next because we will be left with a huge hole in our defense if Iloka is gone and we will lose a big piece of our offensive line and leader in the locker room if Whit is let go. Come on Katie get it done for your loyal fan base. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Thank freakin' god this is out of the way. I wasn't too worried about it, but still...
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Very good news although I had little doubt it would get done.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:18 PM)Stormborn Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/642386506724843520

4 years 60 million extension

This is great news....This had to be done before the season starts because Mike Brown as his father Paul Brown never ever talk contracts once the season starts, with the focus then on the games and not contracts. ...This concludes what I consider a very positive off season and preseason. ...NOW....PLAY BALL !!!!!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Outstanding news!

So add that this to his one year, 10 mil option + 4 yrs 60 mil extension, and that essentially puts him @ 70 mil over the next 5 yrs.

[Image: lsivzPZ.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Props to the FO. Even though I'm sure contract negotiations are never simple, it would have been monumentally moronic not to get this deal done. I never cared for the money side of the NFL but now it's up to AJ to live up to the contract and continue to show why hes one of the best in the league.
Reply/Quote
Needed to happen and both sides got it done! Kudos!
Reply/Quote
So is his total contract now 5 years ~70 million?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 04:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So is his total contract now 5 years ~70 million?

5 years, $70,176,000

Total and injury guarantees still unknown.
Reply/Quote
Great deal for AJ and the Bengals. Awesome job!

[Image: super-duper-anchorman.gif]
Reply/Quote
Awesome news!! Well deserved A.J.!

Now, let's get that elusive playoff win!
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals FO and AJ Green = 2 class acts getting it done. No back and forth in the media, pretty impressive. Good job Katie and crew. Great to see AJ wanting to help the Nati get a banner. New favorite player
Reply/Quote
That is great news!  One less thing to distract the team from concentrating on winning football games.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:37 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Well the Tweet you quoted said lower guarantee was made up by a lot of first year money, so I'm guessing it's not quite the $45-ish million that the other deals saw.

I'd take a guess and say $30 mil?

I just read an article that said the exact details have not been released, but it is believed to be more upfront and more guaranteed than any of the other three got.  Kind of all conjecture at this point though.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 04:31 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I just read an article that said the exact details have not been released, but it is believed to be more upfront and more guaranteed than any of the other three got.  Kind of all conjecture at this point though.

Keep in mind when you initially see the guaranteed number, it probably includes "injury guarantees". Like with Julio, only 35 of his 47 guaranteed is truly guaranteed if he doesn't have a career ending injury.

Ehh, didn't really say that right. Not necessarily correlates with injury, just not totally guaranteed to 47m until a certain date
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 04:34 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Keep in mind when you initially see the guaranteed number, it probably includes "injury guarantees". Like with Julio, only 35 of his 47 guaranteed is truly guaranteed if he doesn't have a career ending injury.

Baring injury, I don't see how Green doesn't collect the entire $70 million.  He'll only be 32 when the contract ends and the Bengals have a history of living up to contracts.
Reply/Quote