Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.J. Green not happy that the Bengals are holding him out vs Texans
I really wanted to see Green play today but I do understand the Bengals stand on this if it's unsafe conditions for him to be playing in.

Although, the 36 yards.... Oh well...

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/sources-aj-green-unhappy-teams-decision-play/story?id=44384901

UPDATE: According to reports, he didn't come back to the team meeting after the news of him not being able to play.

Discuss:
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 12:48 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I really wanted to see Green play today but I do want him to be safe for sure and if it's rainy/dangerous for him to play, I absolutely understand.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/sources-aj-green-unhappy-teams-decision-play/story?id=44384901

Discuss:

If I was him, I'd be pissed too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 12:52 PM)McC Wrote: If I was him, I'd be pissed too.

Update to the Report: He didn't return to the team meeting after the news.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Good. Maybe it is time to trade him for a first round pick.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
My son just read Twitter stuff about this.  The decision came from MB and MB says no guarantee he will play against the Ravens.

MESSAGE TO MB:  Hey Mike!  No playoffs this year, and Green has already said he will not play in Pro Bowl if not 100%.  He has all the offseason to rest.  If you deny him the chance to get his 36 yards to keep the record in tact, Bengaldom will probably throw trash in your yard and you may lose Green in the end!!!

Put him in against the Ravens, get him his 36+, then yank him. It's not rocket science Mikey!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Like I said folks, NOTHING changes until he steps down!! NOTHING!!!
Reply/Quote
Doesn't surprise me nothing does with this piece of garbage franchise
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 12:57 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: My son just read Twitter stuff about this.  The decision came from MB and MB says no guarantee he will play against the Ravens.

MESSAGE TO MB:  Hey Mike!  No playoffs this year, and Green has already said he will not play in Pro Bowl if not 100%.  He has all the offseason to rest.  If you deny him the chance to get his 36 yards to keep the record in tact, Bengaldom will probably throw trash in your yard and you may lose Green in the end!!!

Put him in against the Ravens, get him his 36+, then yank him.  It's not rocket science Mikey!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Like I said folks, NOTHING changes until he steps down!!  NOTHING!!!

Jay Glazer says it is the decision of the doctors...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dare I say...... Greengate!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I hate the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Ye gods, will wise and gentle Mike and Marvin ever get a top WR who isn't a big ol' me-first DIVA CANCER!!! Ninja

[Image: diva-bg.png]

[Image: zodiac-Cancer.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 01:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Jay Glazer says it is the decision of the doctors...

MB is the owner.  HE has final say so. He is writing the checks. With bad weather ahead and one game left, I am not saying not playing him tonight is wrong, but if he holds him out next week, heads will roll!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 01:44 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: MB is the owner.  HE has final say so. He is writing the checks. With bad weather ahead and one game left, I am not saying not playing him tonight is wrong, but if he holds him out next week, heads will roll!!!!

Meh, some message board folks will kvetch and moan but that's about it.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 01:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Jay Glazer says it is the decision of the doctors...

Then why is he walking out of team meetings?? Somebody inside the organization pissed him off. Pissed off one of our star players. Call me if you haven't heard that before  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 01:44 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: MB is the owner.  HE has final say so. He is writing the checks. With bad weather ahead and one game left, I am not saying not playing him tonight is wrong, but if he holds him out next week, heads will roll!!!!

Not over the doctors.  No doctor can ethically or legally say he is not able to play because that's what the owner wants him to say.  That opens up malpractice and the ability to lose their license to practice medicine.

If MB wants to tell the coaching staff "don't risk him", he has every right and the ability to do so.  He cannot, however, make the doctors decline to clear him to play.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 01:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not over the doctors.  No doctor can ethically or legally say he is not able to play because that's what the owner wants him to say.  That opens up malpractice and the ability to lose their license to practice medicine.

If MB wants to tell the coaching staff "don't risk him", he has every right and the ability to do so.  He cannot, however, make the doctors decline to clear him to play.

I could see if he had a massive concussion and was risking an on-field lobotomy if he got hit again, but I'm not sure a hamstring injury requires ethical intervention from medical professionals.  Or maybe it does...what do I know?
Reply/Quote
The team is being cautious with its injured star when there is nothing to play for - this is a good thing.

The star is a competitor and is upset that he won't be allowed to play - this is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 12:48 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I really wanted to see Green play today but I do understand the Bengals stand on this if it's unsafe conditions for him to be playing in.

UPDATE: According to reports, he didn't come back to the team meeting after the news of him not being able to play.

Discuss:

I like it, from Green's perspective. If he feels he's healthy, his opinion should hold more weight. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
According to Schefter, AJ is done for the season...

Reply/Quote
I am ok with him not playing. If his leg isn't 100 percent why risk it. What if he tries to favor something and tears his ACL or something. The game is meaningless. Perhaps the Bengals communicated this wrong to AJ, but the decision is correct.
Reply/Quote
You know, it may come as a surprise, but I'm going to take the side of the team here. (Note: More proof I don't always bash the team)

There's little to nothing to be gained by playing him. Obviously, our season is over. Eifert is sitting, Burfict is sitting, Bernard is shelved. Does a rusty, 80% AJ Green make this game a likely win? Does a win matter?

If he really wants to go for that record then let him do it next week, and only if he's not risking further injury.

Right now this team needs to worry about two things: 1.) Keeping their stars healthy/safe. 2.) Use these games to take a long, hard look at your roster/Give reps to young guys.

IMHO AJ has no reason to be that pissed. This isnt a big deal. Next week? Maybe.
Reply/Quote