Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of our 2018 Free Agents is a lot more manageable
I was reading this article:
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/1/18/14313840/bengals-cap-space-carryover-for-2017-nfl-season-announced

And they mentioned who our 2018 free agents are, as follows:

Bengals 2018 free agents
PLAYER POS. AGE 2017 AAV STATUS
James Wright WR 25 $567,456 UFA
A.J. McCarron QB 26 $600,413 RFA
Rey Maualuga ILB 29 $5,000,000 UFA
Kevin Huber P 31 $2,800,000 UFA
Jeremy Hill RB 24 $938,401 UFA
Clark Harris LS 32 $990,000 UFA
Marquis Flowers OLB 24 $574,670 UFA
Tyler Eifert TE 26 $2,064,000 UFA
Will Clarke DE 25 $705,095 UFA
Vontaze Burfict OLB 26 $4,751,000 UFA
Russell Bodine C 24 $669,114 UFA

Considering this Free Agency period is rough, with Zeitler, Whit and Dre hitting free agency at the same year, it's nice to know that next year, really, the only two key players hitting Free Agency are Burfict and Eifert. Both of whom have their own red flags that will lower their price tag.

Hill is reaching free agency as well but, honestly, I don't even know if we'll even want him back, let alone if he'd be difficult to re-sign.

I think it's possible that we can sign all 3 big free agents, considering we won't have a huge problem next off season haha.

And, in addition, if we don't cut them this off season, we may be lucky enough to lose Maualuga and Bodine next off season too!

I'm looking forward to a much easier off season next year, especially after we win a playoff game or 2 Wink.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, that years draft class wasn't very good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 11:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was reading this article:
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/1/18/14313840/bengals-cap-space-carryover-for-2017-nfl-season-announced

Bengals 2018 free agents

Considering this Free Agency period is rough, with Zeitler, Whit and Dre hitting free agency at the same year, it's nice to know that next year, really, the only two key players hitting Free Agency are Burfict and Eifert. Both of whom have their own red flags that will lower their price tag.

Hill is reaching free agency as well but, honestly, I don't even know if we'll even want him back, let alone if he'd be difficult to re-sign.

I think it's possible that we can sign all 3 big free agents, considering we won't have a huge problem next off season haha.

And, in addition, if we don't cut them this off season, we may be lucky enough to lose Maualuga and Bodine next off season too!

I'm looking forward to a much easier off season next year, especially after we win a playoff game or 2 Wink.

-Burfict is great so long as he keeps himself in shape. (Or we wait 2-3 games for him to play himself into shape.)

-Harris is a champ. Only time he really was ever mentioned was when he toughed it out like a boss to finish the season. The less you hear a LS's name, the better.

-Eifert would be great if he could stay healthy, but that doesn't look to be the case.

-Huber is good, but not so good to be irreplaceable.

So yeah, that's not a whole lot of money right there. Burfict will get a bit, Eifert will too if he plays the whole season (unlikely). Harris is a LS, so like.. 3yr/$3m? Huber is a punter, so like 3yr/$7.5m?

Clarke might play himself into a decent backup role, but that's about it for the rest of them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burfict may feel a sense of loyalty to Marvin, but if this is indeed Marvins last season he might not feel so loyal. I don't see Eifert feeling any loyalty at all.
The rest  are pretty much replacable. The fly in the ointment is that we don't know which of this year's FAs will sign one year deals and be FAs again next year. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Burfict will be a Bengals in the same way that we keep signing Adam Jones. We'll be willing to pay him more than other teams. Most teams won't want the personal fouls, suspensions, and he's had some knee and concussion issues.

IF the Bengals draft Foster though...all bets are off on Burfict. We all know how the Bengals like to draft a guys replacement.

Eifert may be tricky to retain. TE's of his caliber get huge contracts...but he's hurt A LOT...so its hard to justify giving him one.
Reply/Quote
eifert will be the only tricky contract. He's like Andre. The handful of games he's healthy, he's a game changer. But how much do you pay a guy for a third of a season, half if you're lucky?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 11:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burfict will be a Bengals in the same way that we keep signing Adam Jones. We'll be willing to pay him more than other teams. Most teams won't want the personal fouls, suspensions, and he's had some knee and concussion issues.

IF the Bengals draft Foster though...all bets are off on Burfict. We all know how the Bengals like to draft a guys replacement.

Eifert may be tricky to retain. TE's of his caliber get huge contracts...but he's hurt A LOT...so its hard to justify giving him one.

I view Foster as a replacement at MIKE that would kick Maualuga to the curb, not Burfict. Now Zach Cunningham or Jarrad Davis, on the other hand, they seem like players that would fit well as a replacement for Burfict.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If Maualuga is on the team next year I'll literally throw up. If the Bengals cut that bum and that thug pacman they could probably save some money to sign other players.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 11:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I view Foster as a replacement at MIKE that would kick Maualuga to the curb, not Burfict. Now Zach Cunningham or Jarrad Davis, on the other hand, they seem like players that would fit well as a replacement for Burfict.

I agree...but the Bengals make some strange decisions sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 11:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burfict will be a Bengals in the same way that we keep signing Adam Jones. We'll be willing to pay him more than other teams. Most teams won't want the personal fouls, suspensions, and he's had some knee and concussion issues.

How much will other teams be willing to pay Eifert for the same reason?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Eiffert will be paid like Reed a guys who is really good but has injury issues of his own. He will be a top 5 paid TE. Burffict will also be paid like one of the top 4-3 LB's probably around 9-10 million a year.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 11:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was reading this article:

Bengals 2018 free agents

Thanks for this. Most likely a new HC coach as well. Looking bright in 2018. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 11:32 AM)lone bengal Wrote: If Maualuga is on the team next year I'll literally throw up. If the Bengals cut that bum and that thug pacman they could probably save some money to sign other players.

They won't cut pacman too much dead money plus that would make corner a SERIOUS weakness if we lose Dre k as well.
Reply/Quote