Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Letter To Cris Collinsworth
It amazes me how this guy can still be so anti-Bengals. It seems like he always has something negative to say or some reason to doubt the team.

Quote:Dear Mr. Collinsworth,
The Cincinnati Bengals drafted you in the 2nd round, 37th overall pick in 1981. You spent your entire 8 year career with this organization. You were selected for the Pro Bowl 3 times and had pretty noteworthy seasons. Your football knowledge has lead to 17 sports Emmy Awards and  a broadcasting career that has been extremely lucrative for you.
For years, football fans have watched you narrate games, recite facts and statistics, recount stories of your own and share experiences. As Bengal fans, we’ve also listened intently as you took great pleasure in the mistakes, bad play calls, sometimes boneheaded decisions by the men in stripes.
At times, you seemed almost giddy with excitement over fumbles and missed opportunities.
As a commentator, I understand that neutrality is of the utmost importance and respect. You sir, have exhibited the exact opposite of professionalism. This was never more apparent than the fumble recovery and subsequent touchdown by Hubbard Sunday evening. It was your job to give a play by play account of the situation on the field. I had the opportunity to rewatch the game Monday on the NFL network and what I thought I’d remembered was true. You said absolutely nothing during that particular play. Crickets. Silence from the booth. You confirmed in front of a national audience what we in the 513 already knew to be true… you are anti Bengal in every way. Bengal fan or not, that was an amazing play and deserved the enthusiasm from the booth.
Do better, sir. I believe you have forgotten where you came from. Your roots were good enough to give you the start you needed, yet somehow the city has become far beneath your life now. Perhaps the time has come to hang up the headphones. We’re all done listening to you.
Yours,
Every Cincinnati Bengals fan

I can't wait til a Super Bowl victory shuts him up but, knowing him, he'd still find a way to bash the team.
Reply/Quote
He LOVES the Bengals and praises us constantly and consistently outside of SNF and has for over 2 decades.

He shows up to team events still, he shows up to alumni things, he shows up to Bengal community events and despite being a Floridian, raised and through his formative years, he has maintained his home in Cincinnati.

And it's Cris.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
You copy and paste this from Facebook or some place like that? Doesn't seem like something you wrote since you didn't include exclamation marks or refer to him as a joke. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 07:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And it's Cris.

Whole family can't spell. Cris and Jac.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's not the play by play guy he wasn't supposed to be talking.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure why Bengals fans think that Collinsworth should be such a homer for his former team. Nobody else has been over the stretch since he played.

Hell, we drafted the most exciting, dynamic young quarterback in the history of the team. He played great games with a team that wasn't ready to win. He was worth the price of a ticket just on his own. Fans didn't finally start to show up until the team had pretty much sealed the division last year. I swear if they had lost that playoff game in a fluke the stadium would still be half empty.

So nobody in Cincinnati should be telling Chris Collinsworth that he's not enough of a fan. Go complain to the guy at work who just bought his first t-shirt.
Reply/Quote
Is there not a color commentator and a play by play person? Don't they perform different duties? Just like Lap on WLW? One comments on game stats, players etc....the other calls the game?
Reply/Quote
I like him, I think he does well what he does. I don't think he's particularly negative and will balance it out if the other guys starts lumping on them. If anything, I think he is happy he finally can commentate good things about his old team and the bengals are also making it fun for him to do his work. That's just me.
Reply/Quote
That "letter" is one of the most beta things I've ever read. And no, it's not "every Bengals fan".
Reply/Quote
I bash Collinsworth for his Steelers slobbering but he was great on Sunday night for the whole broadcast. On that play he let Tirico do his job, that being the play by play, and let the moment breathe and the crowd do the color commentary. I don’t get this.
Reply/Quote
Collinsworth has always been pro-Bengals and pro-Cincinnati, IMO. He's always looked for positive things to say about the organization, even when we were absolute garbage. Not being over the top with praise does not equate to being anti-Bengals.
Reply/Quote
1) You do not now speak for me, nor have you ever.
2) Learn the difference between a play by play announcer and a color commentator.
3) Dave Lapham sucks but it appears that he's the template for what your idea of what an announcer should be. He blasts over the play by play guy on every snap. I know of no other announcer, that's not still in his first year in the booth, that gets away with this. Collinsworth called it correctly. You're whining about something you know nothing about.
4) If you're so adamant about something, even if you're wrong, have the balls to use your own name. Don't stain all of us with your warped view of the world.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I did find it weird that he fawned over and showed bias for Kenny Pickett's 18/31 1td performance

and yet, he was pretty neutral on a Burrow performance that was better

I know for a fact these analysts are pretty much slaves to their producers. The producers give them the rundown on who to pump up, and who not to
Reply/Quote
Brad just hates him because he lives in a town that has always destroyed his pseudo-HS football team. Very basic take per us usual.
Reply/Quote
The following two things somehow coexist among Bengals fans:

The Bengals are terrible in primetime! They haven't won on Sunday Night Football since 2004!

(Cris Collinsworth has been on the call for SNF since 2009)

Cris Collinsworth always seems to treat the Bengals badly! And he loves to praise the Steelers!

(Steelers have won 26 times on SNF since 2006)

What the hell do we expect? Complaints about this guy are one of the most annoying things about the Bengals fanbase. They won this week, and guess what? He was effusive with praise for Joe Burrow and the defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 08:13 PM)JumboTron Wrote: That "letter" is one of the most beta things I've ever read. And no, it's not "every Bengals fan".

What’s the term for someone who latches onto and shares beta takes?
Reply/Quote
Jealousy is a *****
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 08:47 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Brad just hates him because he lives in a town that has always destroyed his pseudo-HS football team. Very basic take per us usual.

I had completely forgot about that and I’m not even sure if he lives around here anymore.

I like how you talked about me in the third person like I wouldn’t be reading it and like you’re better than me.

Utter failure of a post.
Reply/Quote
I disagree no
Reply/Quote
Much nicer than I would have put it.

I would have said.

“Your voice is annoying as f retire you b$&@/“
Reply/Quote