Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Letter To Cris Collinsworth
I never viewed him as a Bengals basher, but more so a Steelers lover.

Maybe he's overcompensating and not showing too much love for the Bengals as to not appear bias since it was his team?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I did find this guy quite humorous.....

[Image: 6nUetP7l.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 02:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I did find this guy quite humorous.....

[Image: 6nUetP7l.jpg]

This is a good jersey for when Collinsworth goes on a 3 minute diatribe about Steelers football after a RB runs 5 yards and plows over a defender.
Reply/Quote
Few years back, I worked for a guy whose grandfather was on OSU's board of athletics. Naturally, this opened up the door for said guy to meet some Buckeye alumni on their annual Cruise for the Cure. One person he made a point to talk to was Kirk Herbstreit. "Now wait a second BPK - Herbstreit is always shitting on OSU; why would he go on their charity cruise?" Well you see it turns out insulting fan bases that love their teams to the core gets views and clicks. Herbstriet does what his Disney overlords tell him to do because he has bills, and they tell him to mock OSU. He loves OSU. He bleeds scarlet and grey.

How does this story apply here? Trade out Herbstreit for Collinsworth and OSU for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I found it pretty comical that you wrote this.....

and then went on to tell him he didn't know how to do his job. Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Collinsworth not only slobbers on the Steelers, he slobbers all over the Ravens and how "tough" they are while neglecting to point out how dirty they played. There was one point in the game where he paused and I think was going to say something about one of the dirty plays, but didn't. The man wants to keep his job too....

I have to say that historically they have been two very good football teams.  And other than a relatively small number of players played a very good football game.  

Peters, Smith and Queen were horrendously dirty.  And there were other players that played dirty, obviously trying to intimidate the Bengals and, in my opinion, hurt Burrow.   But it was not the whole team.   Just like the Bengals were not a dirty team when Pacman Jones and Vontaze Burfict played (though I confess I loved both of them).   It was a few players that gave us that reputation.

I was there for this game.   It was a slobberknocker of a game that came down to the very last down played.  But we stopped them when we had to and I LOVE this Bengals team for that! They are mentally tough and they never give up - two hallmarks of both the other teams at their best.  We beat a very good football team with a decimated offensive line.  
Reply/Quote
For people interested, this is where the post came from.

https://twitter.com/PettyjohnJina/status/1615775885856239616?t=1lZEa0H9GINBUAgucIRZng&s=19 Cool
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:51 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: For people interested, this is where the post came from.

https://twitter.com/PettyjohnJina/status/1615775885856239616?t=1lZEa0H9GINBUAgucIRZng&s=19 Cool

I feel like her first name is pronounced GYNA...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 02:36 AM)jason Wrote: I feel like her first name is pronounced GYNA...

[Image: 1gmx.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 08:03 PM)Roland Wrote: I'm not sure why Bengals fans think that Collinsworth should be such a homer for his former team.  Nobody else has been over the stretch since he played.  

Hell, we drafted the most exciting, dynamic young quarterback  in the history of the team.  He played great games with a team that wasn't ready to win.  He was worth the price of a ticket just on his own.  Fans didn't finally start to show up until the team had pretty much sealed the division last year.  I swear if they had lost that playoff game in a fluke the stadium would still be half empty.

So nobody in Cincinnati should be telling Chris Collinsworth that he's not enough of a fan.  Go complain to the guy at work who just bought his first t-shirt.

I've given him a lot of shit but the truth of the matter is, he's in the booth calling a game between two teams. Maybe he goes overboard on being objective and it comes across as negative towards the Bengals, but he's not in the same boat as Boomer, who can root openly for the team during pregame shows. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Silly OP post.

Thiugh I would like to tell Collingsworth that Cam Sample is a DE and he was not playing out of oisition vs Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
Yep he hates the Bengals

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 02:24 PM)pally Wrote: Yep he hates the Bengals

Well then it seems clear that letter copy and pasted on social media was effective.   Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 05:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've given him a lot of shit but the truth of the matter is, he's in the booth calling a game between two teams. Maybe he goes overboard on being objective and it comes across as negative towards the Bengals, but he's not in the same boat as Boomer, who can root openly for the team during pregame shows. 

.....and Boomer gave the team a lot of shit when they deserved it. They did deserve it too. That said, you couldn't wipe the grin off his face when he handed that striped helmet to Joe Burrow and told him "welcome to Cincinnati" before the draft. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Whomp whomp.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 08:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I know for a fact these analysts are pretty much slaves to their producers. The producers give them the rundown on who to pump up, and who not to

(01-20-2023, 05:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Maybe he goes overboard on being objective and it comes across as negative towards the Bengals, but he's not in the same boat as Boomer, who can root openly for the team during pregame shows. 

I think it's between these two. Probably a mixture of both. If yall don't think producers tell the mouths to be nice to the Steelers with them having millions of fans scattered across the entire country, you're being very gullible.

That said, I think Cris wanting to appear professional could be why he seems to avoid praising the Bengals. He definitely loves them, though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I would be more concerned with Bart Scott
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 09:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think it's between these two. Probably a mixture of both. If yall don't think producers tell the mouths to be nice to the Steelers with them having millions of fans scattered across the entire country, you're being very gullible.

That said, I think Cris wanting to appear professional could be why he seems to avoid praising the Bengals. He definitely loves them, though.

That's how I feel. When Collinsworth is on Bengals podcasts he gushes about the team. When it comes to a national broadcast he tries to come off unbiased. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't sign off on that letter.
Reply/Quote