Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A NEW BENGAL BY 9PM TONIGHT
DRAFT starts at 8pm. 10 minutes between picks. A trade could add more time. We will know Bengals pick between 8:30 and 9 PM. I will be glad. Some draft talk is OK, but this year is too much. I'm glad the PICK is Tonight and End all this guessing, Get It Over With. Hopefully this pick helps Bengals who need a LOT of Help.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:53 AM)kevin Wrote: DRAFT starts at 8pm. 10 minutes between picks. A trade could add more time. We will know Bengals pick between 8:30 and 9 PM. I will be glad. Some draft talk is OK, but this year is too much.  I'm glad the PICK is Tonight and End all this guessing, Get It Over With.   Hopefully this pick helps Bengals who need a LOT of Help.

How much complaining will there be if it's Sewell or Chase though?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:55 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: How much complaining will there be if it's Sewell or Chase though?

That would indeed be a waste of time, wouldn't it.  Either One will make The LAST PLACE Bengals better. 

It could be one is taken before Bengals pick, and that would end the debate. I have to think other teams are looking at them, and it will NOT be 4 straight quarterbacks before us at pick 5.  Some QB will DROP. Every year the Draft Experts watch their QBs drop as NFL teams consider them Lower Picks. I do NOT see 4 QBs going in first 4 picks, I would bet money that doesn't happen. Mel Kiper will again wonder why his top QB picks are dropping, but Mel ain't running these teams.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:55 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: How much complaining will there be if it's Sewell or Chase though?

The National Media will immediately poo poo the selection of Chase, and forget all about it when the Bengals go offensive line with picks 2 and 3.  That's their job:  blow the large market teams, and crap on the small market teams.  Well, I don't give a shit.  And, more importantly, neither does Joe Burrow.  

Here's to giving them all a nice big shit burger to eat.  (Tip of the hat to Cleveland for the venue).
Reply/Quote
I’ll have at least 1 beer in me, a porterhouse steak, potato and grilled corn on the cobb in my belly by that time. I’ll be super stoked about the selection.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That's their job:  blow the large market teams, and crap on the small market teams.

True, you never hear the national media say anything good about the Steelers, or Packers, or Bills, or Chiefs, or Buccaneers, or the Seahawks, or the Saints...they're always talking about how awesome the Jets, Bears, and the Cowboys are.

I actually heard in a lot of places they took the Chiefs/Buccaneers super bowl off the air to run a re-run of the Gaints/Cowboys game from earlier in the year.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The National Media will immediately poo poo the selection of Chase, and forget all about it when the Bengals go offensive line with picks 2 and 3.  That's their job:  blow the large market teams, and crap on the small market teams.  Well, I don't give a shit.  And, more importantly, neither does Joe Burrow.  

Here's to giving them all a nice big shit burger to eat.  (Tip of the hat to Cleveland for the venue).

the job is to generate ratings... Larger Market = more Viewers = More $$$ per commerical
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 12:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the job is to generate ratings... Larger Market = more Viewers = More $$$ per commerical

People want to see big names and winners...that's how SBs with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and Drew Brees bring in the most viewers even though they don't play for the big market teams.  Sure, if any of those guys played in NY or Chicago or Dalls the NFL would explpode with glee, but still...ya gotta win.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 12:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the job is to generate ratings... Larger Market = more Viewers = More $$$ per commerical

With the NFL and the revenue these teams make from TV I don’t think it’s large market teams that they pump up. I think it’s their most popular teams (you know - the ones all the bandwagoners cheer for)
This is why they promote Dallas and Pittsburgh so much. All those “fans” that started loving them back in the 70s/90s depending on the team.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 12:29 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: With the NFL and the revenue these teams make from TV I don’t think it’s large market teams that they pump up. I think it’s their most popular teams (you know - the ones all the bandwagoners cheer for)
This is why they promote Dallas and Pittsburgh so much. All those “fans” that started loving them back in the 70s/90s depending on the team.

Another thing of interesting note is that Andy Dalton went from small market Cincy to being the starting QB for the Cowboys and now the Bears.  Those are two of the biggest markets in the NFL, and yet far more media love is being sent to Cleveland, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, and Kansas City.

Is the media sleeping on Cincy?  Possibly, but we've had 5 losing seasons in a row so it's hard to blame it on the size of our market.
Reply/Quote
It's Pitts or I quits...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 12:36 PM)jason Wrote: It's Pitts or I quits...

I'd like them to take Pitts, but I can't help but see the Falcons taking him OR if the Falcons go QB or trade to a team that goes QB I see us taking Chase or Sewel, anyways.  I mean...no bad options there, but still.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:17 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’ll have at least 12 beers in me, a porterhouse steak, potato and grilled corn on the cobb in my belly by that time. I’ll be super stoked about the selection.

THats better
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 12:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Another thing of interesting note is that Andy Dalton went from small market Cincy to being the starting QB for the Cowboys and now the Bears.  Those are two of the biggest markets in the NFL, and yet far more media love is being sent to Cleveland, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, and Kansas City.

Is the media sleeping on Cincy?  Possibly, but we've had 5 losing seasons in a row so it's hard to blame it on the size of our market.

Every time they hype us up, we manage to disappoint. Think back to our little 5 year play-off run with Andy &. AJ. The 2 losses to the Texans, the Chargers, the Colts, and the Steelers. We played like crap in all of those games. I sort of hope they never hype us up again. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 12:53 PM)Spider Wrote: THats better

I’ve only got like 4 beers in the fridge. I’m going hard on the bourbon if I want that much in me!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That's their job:  blow the large market teams, and crap on the small market teams. 

If that's their job then they are terrible at it.

Kansas City, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay have been media darlings for years now, and are routinely praised.  When Peyton was in Indy they were similarly regarded.  I'd look for Buffalo to start to get more and more benefit of the doubt as we move forward (if they stay successful).

Meanwhile the Jets have been ripped for years.  The Cowboys and Jerry Jones have been the butt of many jokes.  Washington, Chicago, Detroit, etc.  All of these teams have seen their shots, and rightfully so.  Philly and Howie Roseman have been the league's laughingstock in terms of the draft recently.

I'm sorry, but the small market and big market thing drives me absolutely nuts.  That goes for media coverage and for chance of success.

The fact of the matter is that the media is complimentary of successful teams and will occassionally crap on the unsuccessful teams.  Market size has nothing to do with it.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 12:58 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Every time they hype us up, we manage to disappoint. Think back to our little 5 year play-off run with Andy &. AJ. The 2 losses to the Texans, the Chargers, the Colts, and the Steelers. We played like crap in all of those games. I sort of hope they never hype us up again. 

I think we get a little too into painting ourselves as the victim of the nasty media.  When Burrow is good he's going to be in commercials and the media is going to be all over him and the bandwagon is going to fill up.  Ideally, Burrow is going to be so good that we are going to become like the 1990s Chicago Bulls and we are going to become that annoying franchise every idiot clamps onto.

That's the nature of the sporting world.  I've been a Bengals fan since 1987, but if the Bengals TRULY make it people are going to see me (in PA) in a Bengals hat and say "Bengals fan?  Yeah right...name one guy who was on the team before Burrow got there."  
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:17 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’ll have at least 1 beer in me, a porterhouse steak, potato and grilled corn on the cobb in my belly by that time. I’ll be super stoked about the selection.

I'll be picking my wife up from the airport at 8:20 and may end up only being able to hear the pick over the radio as I drive home  Whatever
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If anyone has suggestion on watching the draft for someone who currently does not have espn or nfl network I am all ears.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 01:22 PM)Burma Wrote: If anyone has suggestion on watching the draft for someone who currently does not have espn or nfl network I am all ears
Pretty sure it's on ABC this year too.  Simulcast of the ESPN broadcast.
Reply/Quote