Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Nice Break from Hobbs!
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Eiferts-Prowess-Whitworths-Beard-Greens-Dominance/0bd02342-ee05-4186-b20f-3177142b2f64

It's pretty sad, when the guy who gets paid to broadcast games and interview players 'outweighs' the guy who gets paid to write articles!!
Reply/Quote
Clear and concise sentences? Proper syntax? A clear beginning, middle and end??

What kind of witchcraft voodoo is Dan Hoard practicing?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 02:07 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Clear and concise sentences?  Proper syntax?   A clear beginning, middle and end??  

He is just showing how poor Hobson is, who is supposedly a trained journalist, although I doubt whether that's Hoard's intention!  Wink
Reply/Quote
HE'S RIGHT IT SEEMS LIKE FOREVER SINCE THEY HAVE PLAYED.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He certainly isn't going to the hobson school of unintelligible sentences and cryptic language. Hobson tries so hard to be clever with his words he trips over his feet.

I can't get through more than a few sentences of hobsons deplorable writing before I have to shut it down and try and let my mind heal itself from the onslaught of horrible writing I was just tortured with.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 02:07 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Clear and concise sentences?  Proper syntax?   A clear beginning, middle and end??  

Hobson must be getting paid by his total word count.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 05:30 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: He certainly isn't going to the hobson school of unintelligible sentences and cryptic language. Hobson tries so hard to be clever with his words he trips over his feet.

I can't get through more than a few sentences of hobsons deplorable writing before I have to shut it down and try and let my mind heal itself from the onslaught of horrible writing I was just tortured with.

Hobbs would have to improve greatly to get to " hack " level . Sad
Reply/Quote
What's with the obsession on hating Hobson?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 06:58 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: What's with the obsession on hating Hobson?

Haven't seen any example of hate, Hobson is just a poor writer, grammatically and phonetically.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 05:30 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: He certainly isn't going to the hobson school of unintelligible sentences and cryptic language. Hobson tries so hard to be clever with his words he trips over his feet.

It's ok, snowflake.  You are always free to retype Hobson's articles in MLA style, and send them back to him, as a gratuity for the sheer amount of volume that he has to pump out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's ok, snowflake.  You are always free to retype Hobson's articles in MLA style, and send them back to him, as a gratuity for the sheer amount of volume that he has to pump out.

What are you even saying lowlife. Looks like you too have gone to the hobson school of nonsense language. What does mla style even mean. You're making an excuse for a guy that can't construct a legible sentence. Just like how you can't construct a logical argument. Both of you idiots went to the school for morons.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 07:17 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: What are you even saying lowlife. Looks like you too have gone to the hobson school of nonsense language. What does mla style even mean. Your making an excuse for a guy that can't construct a legible sentence. Just like how you can't construct a logical argument. Both you idiots went to the school for morons.

Hmm, must have struck a nerve with you.  I'm just saying that it sure is easy for you to pile it on Hobson, but have you ever had to crank out content for a living?  I have.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 07:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, must have struck a nerve with you.  I'm just saying that it sure is easy for you to pile it on Hobson, but have you ever had to crank out content for a living?  I have.

Who cares about volume. The guy is getting paid to produce legible sentences that people should be able to easily understand. And a few articles a week isn't exactly high volume.

Secondly, professional people that have to write a lot for a living are able to construct legible sentences because they are literate and have the capability to write clear and concise sentences.

How can hoard write sentences that are clear and concise and not hobson. Because one is literate and the other one clearly is not.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 07:27 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Who cares about volume. The guy is getting paid to produce legible sentences that people should be be able to easily understand. And a few articles a week isn't exactly high volume.

Secondly, professional people that have to write a lot for a living are able to construct legible sentences because they are literate and have the capability to write clear and concise sentences.

How can hoard write sentences that are clear and concise and not hobson. Because one is literate and the other one clearly is not.

Funny, coming from a guy that doesn't use commas, or capitalize proper names.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 07:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Funny, coming from a guy that doesn't use commas, or capitalize proper names.

I'll use a comma if it's needed. Should someone stick commas into sentences even when they aren't needed. That's something you and that idiot Hobson would do.

Capitalization has nothing to do with writing a clear sentence. Whether a word is capitalized or not does not change the meaning of a sentence.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 07:34 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: I'll use a comma if its needed. Capitalization has nothing to do with writing a clear sentence. Whether a word is capitalized or not does not change the meaning of a sentence.

Should someone stick commas into sentences even when they aren't needed. That's something you and that idiot Hobson would do.

Live long and prosper, bro.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
[Image: 963a6d7fab36d58ea219375b840920ed.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 07:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: 963a6d7fab36d58ea219375b840920ed.jpg]

Thanks, this was a nice distraction from the name-calling.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 06:58 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: What's with the obsession on hating Hobson?

That's all most people do around here.

This site is not about having any reasonable debate.  Instead it is about seeing who can be the most superior by producing the most extreme insults.

Have you ever read a thread about broadcasters doing the NFL games.  Apparently they are all ******** monkeys who no nothing about football.

Hobson is not just an average writer, instead his writing actually makes people physically ill.

Our coaches are not just bad.  They are worse than high school coaches.

Posting here is like living among a group of teenage girls.  It is like a big competition to see who can squeal and cry the loudest about how terrible everything is.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 07:27 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: The guy is getting paid to produce legible sentences that people should be able to easily understand. 

I have no problem understanding the simple english language that Hobson uses.

Please post a list of his comments that you have been unable to understand And I will explain thew meaning to you.
Reply/Quote