Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Pattern is Emerging
Can’t you do well with slants and throws to the outside against cover 2? Get Chase the ball coming across the middle.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 04:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We get it, teams are playing cover 2.

It's not all on the OL. It's just as much on play calling - which IMO has been a bigger issue.

I agree.Go back and watch the game again on your DVR,and slo-mo some of the plays,and you’ll see that the OL is not as much to blame as you might think.Yes,they deserve their share of blame,but,Zac Taylor,(play-calling),and Joe Burrow looking timid,(after the flogging by Steelers),Holding the ball to long,also deserve some blame for the loss as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 04:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know I'm drastically jumping ahead, but at what record midway through the season or at the end of the season would (or should) the Bengals consider moving on from Taylor?

I'd lean toward if the team already had 6+ losses by the Bye week (3-6 or worse), or double-digit losses by season's end.

At the earliest when his contract is up. Too much money lost.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 07:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't want to fire Zac HC. I want to fire Zac OC.

Pride comes before the fall.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:25 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I agree.Go back and watch the game again on your DVR,and slo-mo some of the plays,and you’ll see that the OL is not as much to blame as you might think.Yes,they deserve their share of blame,but,Zac Taylor,(play-calling),and Joe Burrow looking timid,(after the flogging by Steelers),Holding the ball to long,also deserve some blame for the loss as well.

I'd like to see Zac tell Burrow, next game I want to see 1 intentional grounding penalty from you. I.e. throw the ball away and take no sacks and make the referee call it. I haven't seen 1 intentional grounding from Burrow, I wonder why.

At this rate we will have a huge party, even if we lose, if Burrow somehow takes zero sacks in a game.

IIRC Andy Dalton had zero sacks and zero picks through 5 games or something when we started 8-0. Collins has brought his stupid false start penalties with him. Those penalties and sacks are drive killers. I would cut or bench Collins if he gets 1 more false start lol. Burrow with 4 picks and 5 sacks in a half, the line is absolute trash and Burrow's decision making is affected. Who is throwing to Tyler Boyd in double coverage?

The anomaly is we had the worst line last year and made the superbowl, and somehow we got WORSE. How much longer is their rope?
Reply/Quote