Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Player Bengals "Must" Have
Outside of round 1 in the 2021 NFL draft, what player (pick only one) do you feel the Bengals "must" have?

I keep going back and forth on a few players on this. Wondering your thoughts.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If I had to say one Osa Odighiuzwa DT from UCLA. He reminds me of Michael Bennett from the legion of boom Seahawks. A guy that made his living from rushing inside on passing downs and stuffing the run on Edge.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:26 PM)J24 Wrote: If I had to say one Osa Odighiuzwa DT from UCLA. He reminds me of Michael Bennett from the legion of boom Seahawks. A guy that made his living from rushing inside on passing downs and stuffing the run on Edge.

any idea what round for this pick?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: any idea what round for this pick?

Anywhere from late 2nd to early 4th.  PFF has him as the 93rd guy on the board.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm not up enough on the draft this year beyond Chase, Sewell and Pitts, but I would love to have:

Trey Smith
Reply/Quote
I'm torn between Trey Smith the bulldozing OG, provided his personal medical professionals assure him that he's safe to be playing football, and Daviyon Nixon the DT from Iowa.

I feel like Smith would provide impressive returns quicker, but Nixon, who might need a year or two to grow into the NFL game, might have All-Pro potential.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Assuming he's there in round 2 and the Bengals are okay with him medically, Landon Dickerson would get my vote- regardless who is taken in round 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm torn between Trey Smith the bulldozing OG, provided his personal medical professionals assure him that he's safe to be playing football, and Daviyon Nixon the DT from Iowa.

I feel like Smith would provide impressive returns quicker, but Nixon, who might need a year or two to grow into the NFL game, might have  All-Pro potential.

Smith is not getting a lot of love lately.  I know he had issues with blood clots but I thought he was cleared.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I am leaning towards Green (G). I think he hits a ton, is underrated, and I think he would eventually replace Hopkins at Center. It is said that Green has some of the strongest hands in the group.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 10:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Smith is not getting a lot of love lately.  I know he had issues with blood clots but I thought he was cleared.  

If he falls, he could be that "steal" of the 4th round that the Bengals used to find.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:52 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Assuming he's there in round 2 and the Bengals are okay with him medically, Landon Dickerson would get my vote- regardless who is taken in round 1.

Bengals picking players with medicals doesn't seem to favor the Bengals.  I think Dickerson is probably the 2nd or 3rd best OL player if medicals were not an issue.  I know he is doing cartwheels and stuff, I just don't know.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I don’t really have any must haves. Which is kind of odd. There is usually someone I really really want.

This year it is pretty much the hometown homer in me. If Jackson Carman is there in the 3rd we better bring the Cincinnati kid home. In the later rounds Tommy Kraemer is well worth a dice roll for interior OL depth and once again bringing the Cincinnati boy home.

The UC boys are really tempting. Hudson and Wiggins. And if they were picked any time after the 2nd for Hudson or after the 4th for Wiggins round I wouldn’t mind it.

There are a lot of Buckeyes I wouldn’t mind having. But none more than Tommy Togiai. Brute strength undersized DT might fall to our DL magic round. In the 4th I’m seeing if we have a Geno replacement.

If Gregory Rousseau falls to our 2nd round pick he is a no brainer pick IMO. Kills two birds with one stone. DE depth and interior pass rush depth. Calais Campbell level potential.
Reply/Quote
I really want Ben Cleveland if he’s there in the 3rd. I know he supposedly doesn’t fit our scheme that well, but I would love to have a big old bully like that at RG.

Reply/Quote
I obviously think that we "must" address the offensive line, but give me Anthony Schwartz out of Auburn.

Dude ran a 4.26! He's developing the other parts of his game and I think he's going to be special. Bad QB play kept him from making a lot of noise to get noticed.

I'd also like us to take Terrence Marshall in the second if we don't take Chase in the first because, like Chase, he has a connection with Burrow and I think he's underrated because Chase got all the spotlight.
Reply/Quote
Payton Turner, DE, Houston
Reply/Quote
Tough to answer as it will depend mostly on who is taken in the 1st. If they go OL in the 1st, Terrace Marshall Jr. is the clear cut "must" guy for me. The elephant in the room is Burrow is bigger than the Bengals right now. This is theoretical, but passing on one of his plug and play targets TWICE in the same draft could become an issue. They should have improved the OL long term to enable themselves to take advantage of either Chase or Marshall, but we're here. Maybe Burrow says all the right things and maybe this is no issue at all, all he wants is the team to improve, stop being paranoid, yada yada, but Marshall Jr is still a great pick in the 2nd, so much so that I'd consider dealing a 4th or 5th to move up a few to secure him. If Chase is the pick then they must get a quality OL at some point.
Reply/Quote
it doesn't fit into our immediate needs but I like the two Georgia corners, Stokes or Campbell. Jevon Holland has great versatility. Trill Williams is an interesting prospect. Would be nice to squeeze in a 'must have' in the secondary.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure I have a guy but Milton Williams ends up in a lot of my mocks. I remember a similar thread last year with my pick being Isaiah Wilson so this may be the 'kiss of death' for poor Milton.
Reply/Quote
If we draft Sewell in 1, then Boogie Basham in 2
If we draft Chase in 1, then Sam Cosmi in 2
I either case, Kendrick Green in 3
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Michael Carter RB, NC to replace Gio. Probably have to take him in the 3rd. People’s heads will explode.
Reply/Quote