Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Plea to All Christians
(07-01-2015, 11:58 AM)Benton Wrote: Confused

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or just grossly incorrect.

The first persons to say the world is round and the earth revolves around the sun were condemned as heretics by the pope. The pope, for those who don't know, is the leader of the oldest Christian Church on the planet. Some of those condemned as heretics were not only condemned, but actually killed. And those who didn't want to be killed and/or damned to hell continued to repeat the belief that the earth is flat and that the sun revolves around the earth. That would be the vast majority of Christians world wide, for centuries. So, it is neither sarcasm nor is it incorrect.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(07-01-2015, 04:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fatal flaw there. Leading by example is bad since man is so imperfect. Its exactly why i would never say follow my lead or do as i do. Guiding people towards Christ so that they can have a personal relationship with Him, is what a Christian should strive to do.

Please note that I used a qualifying word - consider. I don't blindly follow anyone's example, just to clarify this for ya. One thing you can count on me for is this: I definitely move on when someone preaches one thing, and does the opposite. I don't hate on them. I just ignore them.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(07-02-2015, 06:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No denying that, but that was never in question. Since i'm pretty sure you've engaged in debates about the application of a word in its proper context, i'm gonna have to ask, what's your point here?

literally nothing.    ThumbsUp
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-30-2015, 01:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I get it, this used to be a Christian nation (whether atheists and others want to admit it or not)

This is not a Christian nation, regardless of what it used to be (whether Christians want to admit it or not).
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Christian nation? Let me refer you to the Treaty of Tripoli from 1796:

"...the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
(07-04-2015, 05:42 PM)Harmening Wrote: Christian nation?  Let me refer you to the Treaty of Tripoli from 1796:

"...the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

But, really, the Government doesn't need to be founded on, for it to be a "Christian Nation" if the majority of the population are believers. It's certainly not now, what it used to be then but i agree with those that say it was never meant to be founded on God or a specific religion. It was just set up so each citizen was free to believe or not, without being forced to accept a particular one.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-04-2015, 10:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But, really, the Government doesn't need to be founded on, for it to be a "Christian Nation" if the majority of the population are believers. It's certainly not now, what it used to be then but i agree with those that say it was never meant to be founded on God or a specific religion. It was just set up so each citizen was free to believe or not, without being forced to accept a particular one.

You are correct.  I appreciate your stance on this topic.
ThumbsUp