Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unconstitutional?
France raided some Mosques a week ago and there is no way I'm searching that mega thread to see if this story from France was posted.

http://news.yahoo.com/france-closes-radical-mosque-big-police-raid-182353017.html

Would the actions that France has taken be Constitutional here in the US?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Not having much information on the decisions leading up to it, we can't really say whether it would or would not be. But if a religious building is playing host to extremists then our government can raid it with that information. The only thing that makes it unconstitutional is if all they are going on is "they are !"
(12-11-2015, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not having much information on the decisions leading up to it, we can't really say whether it would or would not be. But if a religious building is playing host to extremists then our government can raid it with that information. The only thing that makes it unconstitutional is if all they are going on is "they are !"

Again, it boils down to whether we want to classify it is a political ideology or a religion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-11-2015, 03:18 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: France raided some Mosques a week ago and there is no way I'm searching that mega thread to see if this story from France was posted.

http://news.yahoo.com/france-closes-radical-mosque-big-police-raid-182353017.html

Would the actions that France has taken be Constitutional here in the US?

Egypt did that same.   27,000 mosques closed

If there are connections to terrorists or even where they are having radical meetings.   Then they should be shut down.  Goes for any churches as far as I am concerned.  

But then you have the Obama administration who would screw this up and shut down churches for having tea party members.
(12-11-2015, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not having much information on the decisions leading up to it, we can't really say whether it would or would not be. But if a religious building is playing host to extremists then our government can raid it with that information. The only thing that makes it unconstitutional is if all they are going on is "they are !"

Pretty much my thoughts.

A religion doesn't free you from prosecution of wrongdoing, but you should be free of persecution for practicing it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]