Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A SCOTUS Opening
(10-26-2020, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Confirmed by the Senate 52-48, will be sworn in at 9:00 PM tonight

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court-confirmation-000354389.html

Better hurry....election is in eight days.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Better hurry....election is in eight days.

Plenty time to abide by the Constitution, Current elected POTUS and Senate will remain seated another couple months. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Confirmed by the Senate 52-48, will be sworn in at 9:00 PM tonight

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court-confirmation-000354389.html

Because **** the will of the people.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 10:02 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Because **** the will of the people.

the electoral college doesn't give a damn about the will of the people
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
ACB has been sworn in. She immediately made abortion illegal in all 50 states and took healthcare away from millions of Americans.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ACB has been sworn in. She immediately made abortion illegal in all 50 states and took healthcare away from millions of Americans.

This would probably be more amusing if I hadn't had neo-cons legitimately tell me they are pro-life but also lament that we have a system that makes THEM pay to prevent people from dying in the streets.  Then again, part of me wishes abortion would have been outlawed during the Reagan era just so I could watch old people have to deal with an additional 60 million millenials having the gall to exist and be born during a certain time period.
Reply/Quote
Woohoo! Here’s to 40+ years of having some weirdo religious cult lady judging over me
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 01:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Woohoo! Here’s to 40+ years of having some weirdo religious cult lady judging over me

They could have picked anyone. Not really sure why they opted for crazy ideologue with little experience over someone far more experienced without the weird cult thing. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 01:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They could have picked anyone. Not really sure why they opted for crazy ideologue with little experience over someone far more experienced without the weird cult thing. 

Imho, this is because they wanted someone who enrages democrats and creates a great amount of controversy. Such controversy usually seems to get somewhat moderate republicans that might be on the fence firmly back into the Trump/GOP/anti-liberal boat.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 01:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They could have picked anyone. Not really sure why they opted for crazy ideologue with little experience over someone far more experienced without the weird cult thing. 

To own the libs. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
It's nice when they admit what it's really all about.

I don't disparage politicizing the court, because it's done by everyone and the justices are political actors, we shouldn't kid ourselves. But this attitude of a zero-sum game adversarial relationship is why our system sucks.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 07:25 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: To own the libs. Ninja

You said it way shorter, and better.

I respect the ninja; but it's true, isn't it?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 01:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Woohoo! Here’s to 40+ years of having some weirdo religious cult lady judging over me

Nobody is judging over you.  She will interpret the law and constitution and not try to make policy.  Did you even listen to anything she has said?

She nailed what the role of a SCOTUS Justice is supposed to be.

I hope Trump wins and gets a ton more fed appointments and 1 or 2 SCOTUS Justices. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 08:05 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Nobody is judging over you.  She will interpret the law and constitution and not try to make policy.  Did you even listen to anything she has said?

I hope Trump wins and gets a ton more fed appointments and 1 or 2 SCOTUS Justices. 

A SCOTUS opinion makes policy. Trying to claim anything else is just naïve.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 08:05 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Nobody is judging over you.  She will interpret the law and constitution and not try to make policy.  Did you even listen to anything she has said?

Right... except they are judges and that is what they do.

Trust me I have full faith in the handmaiden perfectly interpreting what the slave owners wrote down hundreds of years ago. That is the ideal combo to determine the rule of law and dictate my life.

Sharia law radical Christian tomato tomatoe or however that goes
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 08:49 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Right... except they are judges and that is what they do.

Trust me I have full faith in the handmaiden perfectly interpreting what the slave owners wrote down hundreds of years ago. That is the ideal combo to determine the rule of law and dictate my life.

Sharia law radical Christian tomato tomatoe or however that goes

Lot's of name calling.  Good for you.

Take a deep breath.  It's not as bad as they want you to think.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 08:06 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: A SCOTUS opinion makes policy. Trying to claim anything else is just naïve.

Call me naive then.
Reply/Quote
I had to agree with one of my conservative friends this morning when she said (paraphrasing) "The system works".  GOP in the WH, GOP Senate..his pick got approved.

She also posted a joke about how the handmaidens would be forced to dress tomorrow.  Ha. Ha.

I'm sure if Trump loses she
ll be out there telling Democrats not to "gloat" too.

Of course same people were spitting nails over the ACA when a Democratic controlled House, Senate and WH passed it.  And the ACA could be undone.  This nomination cannot.

Still it is what it is.  The GOP doesn't care.  Their voters don't care.  And absolutely nothing she will rule on can negatively affect ME.  I'm a middle aged, white, straight, married Christian.  I'm just worried about my friends more than myself.  Probably what makes me a "liberal".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Now that this bullshit is over, can we please get a stimulus bill, Mitch?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 08:57 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Now that this bullshit is over, can we please get a stimulus bill, Pelosi?

Fixed it for ya.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote